Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets !!

Poster: A snowHead
Most people would not ride a pushbike or motorcycle or horse without a crash lid what is the general opinion on wearing them on piste, for adults..........I'm presuming everyone would put their child in one
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads stephenc!

This is a popular topic for discussion...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can

of

worms

Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ForumSearch: helmet

Search found 4962 matches

Fol di rol? wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmmmm.

Not thought about it before.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I smell a sock puppet dressed as a troll
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
why the hell would anyone want to wear a helmet? they look stupid...

that the answer you wanted????

Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess the answer is : - if u got a £5 head put it in a £5 helmet or a sock puppet.

For sale...............1 unused helmet !!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always wear a helmet as u can never be to careful, and there's a lot of cool helmets on the market these days. Have a look at the K2 clutch, it's not too big so doesnt make ur head look like a mushroom. I'm a fairly aggressive skier so like the reassurance of protecting my coupon when off piste or in the park, but even a recreational skier can get hit by some muppet going to fast. Get a helmet!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ifu2325 I think you're right, I bought some last year (Dainese) but didn't wear them as I didn't think they looked cool..................but I guess a busted head when you have a crash hat in the house is pretty stupid !

I wouldn't even think about riding a motorbike or cycle without a hat on !!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you bash a troll hard on the head does it hurt or will a helmet protect them?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ifu02325 wrote:

even a recreational skier can get hit by some muppet going to fast. Get a helmet!

that's why I wear a helmet, I'm not necessarily too concerned about my skiing / riding (although we all go wrong sometimes) it's the other idiots I want protection from!!! I've got really used to my helmet now, took a while but don't ride without it. Have to admit though, the first helmet I had I never wore so maybe it's something to do with getting the right one.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can of worms and not even on the right board - this is resorts!!stephenc. However, stick around you might find life is entertaining on here - welcome to snowheads if you are not a sock puppet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey - give the guy a break everyone! Not a sock puppet IMO but a genuine new poster (see, I'm not using 'newbie' Toofy Grin ). Mind you, I have been known to be caught out before Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually, only a minority of pushbike riders wear a helmet round here.
ski holidays
does a helmet with ear phones cancel itself out? You are safer but cant hear idiots about to crash into you. What a dilemna. Laughing
snow report
And they're off!!!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Okay...................yes a newbee whats a sock puppet (I know it's a toy to amuse kids !!)) pamw, serious roadies were crash helmets, duffers in yellow jackets on cycle paths may not !! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
stephenc, if you want to wear a helmet, do so. But please dump this tedious argument - we've done it to death already.
snow report
stephenc, you might like to look through these two threads:
Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet is an idiot
Helmets compulsory ?

You will note any discussion about helmets always gets rather heated. I've never understood quite why.
latest report
stephenc, I am a helmet wearer, as it happens. I was just taking exception to your sweeping assertion that nobody would dream of cycling without a helmet. Quite clearly plenty do - and despite wearing a helmet I actually believe that ordinary on piste skiing is not an activity which puts your head at especial risk. It is far less risky than driving a car at 80 mph down the A6 from Paris to Lyon - and how many helmet wearers do you see there? I don't actually think discussion about helmets is any more tedious than discussion about the price of beer in France - which is probably more common. wink Ideas change. One idea, prevalent a few years ago, is that you look like an idiot skiing in a helmet. Now that many of the best skiers on the slopes are in helmets, that's changing - as it has for cyclists. One reason I wear a helmet is that it gives me surround-sound. That's another subject which raises incredible ire. People who boast about how much alcohol they can put away on their ski hols escape the kind of outraged reaction that meets any suggestion that it's quite nice to listen to music. You have just as much right to stir the pot as anyone else. snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, off topic, I know (no harm in that, in this instance, perhaps wink ) but I hate earphones at any time, just don't like music pumped straight into my head, whether on the slopes or not.
snow conditions
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ski holidays
interesting writing style...

you saw that, Hurtle...???
ski holidays
Hurtle, I agree. That's why I wear a sound-wired helmet, not earphones. wink
snow report
JT,
Quote:

you saw that, Hurtle...???
I did, but the ditching of my tag signified an attempt (not always successful) to control my pedantry. wink

pam w,
Quote:

sound-wired helmet
Blimey, that sounds high-tec. Still straight into the head, though, don't think I'd like it.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Ah - but the joy of swooping down a nice cruisy red run to the accompaniment of one of the triple-time final movements of a Bach Keyboard Concerto played by the chap my husband calls Murray Piranha. Can't beat it!
latest report
pam w, mmm, I can - objectively - see the attraction.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK, have took in all the posts in this thread about whether to partake in the helmet revolution that appears to have swept onto the pistes in the last few years and i'm still 50/50 whether to buy one or not. My friends swear by them and would'nt now ski without their helmets on, but i'm still not totally convinced. If i skiied off piste all the time i think i would definately wear one, but as i mainly keep to the piste i don't (perhaps a little misguided) think it warrants shelling out £40 to £50 quid.
snow conditions
soulo, Tchibo have them for £32 next week Smile
ski holidays
Question for all - taking kid skiing first time this season. Will be 20 months so only on snow for short periods of time. Helmet seems a bit extravagant - anyone have thoughts on using bike helmet?
snow report
empinky, where are you going? Some resorts seem to provide kids helmets free when you hire skis/boots.
snow report
I'm glad I asked now !!
snow report
Quote:

helmets always gets rather heated

Mine keeps mine just right

empinky, assuuming just walking, playing or sledging a helmet not really required
snow report
You can hire kids helmets for next to nothingThere's certainly a case for wearing a helmet for sledging - the most dangerous activity on the slopes. The only serious injury in our family in many, many, years of winter sports was sustained in a sledging accident!

I wouldn't bother to put a helmet on a 20 month old just toddling round building a snowman though!
snow report
going to montalbert.. Didn't think about sledging related injuries , like the thought of high velocity sledging however.. I'd heard that those snowmen could get quite nasty in the warm weather so maybe do need the helmet!!!!
ski holidays
Jonpim,
Quote:

You will note any discussion about helmets always gets rather heated. I've never understood quite why

Must be another negative side of helmets, yer head gets too hot. wink
latest report
christ, why is it such a bug deal?!
ski holidays
Hmmm... despite good efforts all round... I'm still seeing one troll and five sock puppets... do I need to get my eyesight checked... or should I have worn a helmet pre-last tumble? Toofy Grin
snow report
Schuss in Boots, it is well known that trolls turn to stone if exposed to sunlight (ref. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien).
The author of this thread posted in the middle of the day - he is clearly not a troll.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy