Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brace wearing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
S&R do a range of braces for different types and level of injury.

One of the products "Underskin" is supposed to help prevent migration of the brace.

http://www.snowandrock.com/Brands/Bioskin/

I believe they can also supply made to measure braces.

I use Bioskin because I don't like neoprene supports which don't breathe and are too bulky.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A very positive vote for Technology in Motion in Wimbledon, my sister-in-law has one of their braces and skis with it. The guys their are excellent at what they do and the brace certainly doesnt mess about! Very Happy Being an engineer, this is the knee first brace that I have every seen which I actually think will do something. The idea is to stop your thigh bone sliding over your lower leg (pretty much what the ACL and other ligaments do).

I believe its carbon or composite hard plastic, which creates pretty much a full cage round the upper,lower leg and knee. It has a silicon coating inside to adhere well to the skin. Each one is semi-custom or full-custom and therefore costs quite a bit!.

She wont ski with out it pending her ACL op, after that we shall see. But I guess it really depend on how true the statement often made about reconstruction being stronger that the original!

Taemo
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NateDoggUK,

I spent a couple of hours in Greaves in Glasgow last week trying on all the types of braces from the full mechanical downwards.

The state of my knee is well documented above and although the donjoy was very well fitted and well made, it did just not fell as if it was making my knee more stable than it is. I would agree with fatbob, that it was obviously too restrictive and from the start it felt more like a caliper than a support. I didn't even try it with a boot on.

The next one down was a fairly hefty hinged neoprene with a geared hinge and six velcro straps to hold it in place. It felt great at first but after half an hour or so it also it became itchy and uncomfortable to wear. I then tried it with a boot and it was not comfortable around the calf. I suspect that my calf muscles are bigger than before but once I fastened my boot my calf muscle was pushed up a bit and this made the bottom of the hinges dig into my calf to the extent that it was off after 10 mins.

Finally I tried the geared hinged bioskin which is light and comfortable and well fitted. it is just the job, being unobtrusive yet enough to address the pschycological support needed. Bought one and tried it at Xscape last Friday and it was great, the bioskin stuff is really good no itch or sweat under the brace and it is also well made.

I also had my bindings mechanically tested and went through a good questionaire which resulted in my bindings comeing down one in view of my new found preference for easier releases!

Anyone in Glasgow area looking for good advice and service go and see Gordon in the ski dept at Greaves, although I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks as he's away ripping up the powder in Japan snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy