Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boverets, Bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
Good evening,

I have just booked a week in Boverets in January, I am taking my 8 year old son with me.

Can anyone tell me what the resort is like and what to expect, have booked ski school etc is there any other activities i.e sleigh rides/tobogganing etc.

Thanks in advance.

Glover 1
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glover1, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead Which hotel are you staying in?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Will be staying at the Hotel Samokov. Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have to say I'm not a fan of Borovets but won't harp on that, as you've booked! However, two separate sets of friends have stayed in the Samokov and were very complimentary about the hotel, it's pool, location etc. Have you skied before and if so where? Are you having lessons? It will help to know where else you have been to make some comparisons and give you some idea of what to expect.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

I skied in Switzerland many many & more years ago!! Sad I have booked lessons and equipment so will be raring to go!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK - my now husband learnt to ski in Borovets - instructor's name was Krasci (pronounced Krassi) and he was very good. The gondola was pretty efficient, up to the better ski areas, but the lessons (especially for your son) will probably be held on the village slopes behind the Rila Hotel (happy to be corrected on this, in case it's changed), and that's a few minutes walk from the Samokov. I'm presuming you are booked with a TO on a package, so the Rep should direct you. The food at the Rila at lunch time, was much, much better than in our hotel (which wasn't the Samokov Sad ) so suggest you try there. It was a proper restaurant when we were there, with waitress service, but if nothing else, everything is very cheap in Borovets, so you can order lots! Don't suppose nightlife will be of much interest if you have your son with you, but there may be things on in the hotel in the evening. Just in case, suggest you take some books and entertainment for your son (my boys always take their Nintendo DS on holiday, just in case). Hope this helps and that you have a fab time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been to Borovets in early January the last two years now with my young family.
It is a great resort for beginners and families in our opinion although not such a great attraction for the more experienced skier.

Not sure if its allowed to plug another site but if you have a look on

www.skidvd.co.uk

you will find lots of info, lots of holiday reports and lots of videos/pics of Borovets and the other Bulgarian ski resorts.

We have had terrific times in Borovets over the last couple of years and made some terrific friends over there. Im sure you will do to Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi

Many thanks for the replys - I can`t wait now!! And yes- my son will be packing the DS Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
borovets is an excellent Resort if you go with an open mind! just dont expect the sort of quality you get in France/Italy/Switz/Austria Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glover1, I'm off there for the fifth time in January. It is cheap and cheerful, the food in the Samokov is basic or was when I stayed there three years ago. You can eat out well in the resort for not a lot of money. As you have skied before make sure that you get on an intermediate group as the beginners group will be just that, very basic. The kids lessons are well organised and unlike other countries you will probably be with your instructor from 9am till mid afternoon, so you get your money's worth.

Have fun.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your replies, does anyone know if there are skidoos there or other sports?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glover1, Yes you can hire skidoos.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Borovets is great. Yes its typical eastern european, but the people and atmosphere are what sets this resort apart from the rest. Just go with a sense of humour and you will be fine. Enough great slopes to keep you occupied for a week. Head up the gondola for fantastic snow. The ski instructors are fantastic, very friendly and helpfull. We have a few who are now are friends there. Hire a sledge out at the end of the day outside the rila for about two pound i think for the hour, like we used to with our seven year old. Enjoy, your guaranteed to return. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you paulrfair & everyone, looking forward to it now! As beginners I guess we can go up the gondola as and when we want to but just be careful as we come down!! Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Glover1

At the top of the gondola if you look down to where there are some bars/restaurants you will see a button lift that operates on a nursery run. As long as you are happy on a button lift you will be fine playiong on there. The biggest problem you will have as a beginner is getting down the first hill to the said bars/restaurants. You can always trudge down if you dont fancy skiing it. There will be plenty of others doing the same. When you need to get back just jump on the magic carpet to take you back up to the gondola station. 1/2 hour later you will be back in the village Very Happy
snow report
Hi Cobra

Thanks for the advice, what though is a button lift & the magic carpet? sounds interesting!

Glover1
ski holidays
If you get a taxi and the driver lovingly taps the dashboard saying Ferrari, hang on tight, a wheels about to fall off - happy days Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy