Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tirolerhof Hotel, Zell Am See

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever stayed here?.....opinions good/bad are all welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seven of us stayed in the Gruner Baum last Easter. A friend tried to book at the the last minute couldn't get in there and booked another hotel. The day before we flew his tour operator rang him to tell him that his hotel was overbooked and would he mind if he had a free upgrade to the Tirolerhof. We went in a few times to meet him and it looked to be a lovely hotel. My friend loved it, particularly the food and the swimming pool. The food at the Gruner Baum wasn't great and every night in the pub he would joyously inform us of every detail of the sumptious feast he had eaten that evening.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dazman, Stayed in the Tirolerhof in the Summer about 6 years ago, good standard hotel away from the main road and the railway which can be a problem in Zell Am See.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks...how was it distance-wise from the lifts?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
About a five minute walk from the City Express Gondola.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did a season in Zell 06/07, and I can safely say that the Tirolerhof is the best hotel in town. The owners Mr and Mrs Posch are lovely, and the receptionists (Eva, Frau Winter and Claudia) are extremely friendly and helpful... (Eva was also pretty good in bed...!) I've been back to visit every year since and they are all still there. Food is really good, and great facilities. Its not ski to door, but as per previous post, the City express is a short walk, and im pretty sure they offer a free minibus for guests to the Scmittenhohebahn/Sonnalmbahn. Its just out of the centre, so its quiet, but only a couple of mins to the centre of the town and a vast array of bars etc!

Its not a cheap hotel by any means, but well worth it. Only 4*, but much more friendly and less snooty than the only 5* in resort (the Salzbergerhof)

If you go, tell them Jon Hill says hi, and enjoy! I've got a few weeks in merebel this season, but I'll be back to Zell next year, and will definately stay in the Tirolerhof.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dazman, link to Trip advisor FYI

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g608666-d500350-r20645106-Hotel_Tirolerhof-Zell_am_See_Austrian_Alps.html

No 1 of 55, been there about 10 times and would agree.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy