Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bus service - La Plagne centre to Montalbert

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there is a bus service from La Plagne centre to Montalbert? Am looking into a nanny for one of our trips and she is based in Plagne centre so want to know if this will be feasible or not. PLease don't suggest skiing as she is not that good apparently!

Anyone know where I can get any information on this? Cheers in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't take as gospel but I seem to recollect reading somewhere (here perhaps) that the buses don't run to and from montalbert. If you look at the map on their website here http://www.la-plagne.com/en/aid=313.phtml (click the graphic to enlarge) it looks like any buses would have to drop down to the valley and come up the other side to montalbert.

If she took the telemetro across to aime then it looks like you can get to montalbert using 2 blue runs.. can't be that hard even for a nanny..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, Yes the route to Aime is probably the only option but the bus timetable is very sporadic. I am not sure the nanny is off the "nursery" slope yet - forgive the pun Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I not sure about a bus between Plagne Centre and Montalbert. Never seen one and they are a long way apart. Maybe contact the tourist office and ask them, infos@la-plagne.com .

Skiing wise, if she is a beginner then probably not a great idea because it is a long way and is often icy low down. The easiest blue to Montalbert is basically just a track through the trees, very narrow in places with quite a drop off into the trees. There is also a horrible walk on this run which is a bit of a killer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, There is a twice a week direct bus arranged by the Tourist office otherwise it's down to Aime and back up. You could always have a word with redrunmarcus www.snofox.co.uk or the guys that run www.Mountainheaven.co.uk
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LaserStock, One of the Four blues running back to Montalbert has been widened to a minimum of 21ft for this coming season to allow a wide return pisted route should there be a major lift breakdown. All the major runs back are coverved by snowmaking, (the forperet section was covered with snowmaking for last season) in the last 4 years I have never known the blues to be icy, except once when we went down one section that was closed Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy