Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS Backpack on Gadget Show

Poster: A snowHead
Starting now on C5
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they are taking the wee wee, its no joke , trust me , they will get you on top of the slide , no guarantee's but most people suffocate
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RobCrock wrote:
they are taking the wee wee, its no joke , trust me , they will get you on top of the slide , no guarantee's but most people suffocate

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Backpack was not as impressive as Suzie in a black leather catsuit Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobCrock, What are you talking about?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smallzookeeper , my impression was that the presenter thought the air bags were a joke and he did not in any way promote how they might help you if you were caught in an avalanche .Wee wee , snow head automatic transaltion , 'p155' became wee. My comment ' they will get you on top of the slide , no guarantee's but most people suffocate ' dont think this needs much transaltion if caught in an avalanche
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In all fairness I was confused by your first comment as well.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RubCock, So in summary, as you can clearly do better. ABS backpacks, good or not?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobCrock wrote:
most people suffocate

Well you learn something new every day.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Zookeeper, they will not save everyone , just as airbags in cars do not save all on the road , or life jackets will save all in the water, but if you are get caught in an avalanche and you can pull the cord , yes they can help you, so if adding the airbag to the your transceiver, probe and shovel helps , i'm would say it is good...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobCrock, Cool, that's much better than, "no guarantee's but most people suffocate."
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zookepper, in avalanches, the highest % of people who dont survive suffocate.... fact , bit as a recent newbie in terms of posts I will try and be clearer in the future

All I can say is ' Be prepared , be safe , but most importantly have FUN'
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From PhillipStanton's link .......

Quote:
Field experience with the air bag has been accruing throughout Europe since February 1991 and has been expertly collected and analyzed by the Swiss Federal Institute in Davos (M. Kern, unpublished data, 2001). As of the end of the 2000–01 winter season, 29 known accidents with the ABS involving 44 persons have been well documented. Of these, 35 were able to successfully deploy the balloon (3 technical failures, and 6 did not pull the rip cord for unknown reasons). Remarkably, 16 remained on the snow surface, and 14 were only partially buried, which did not include the head or airway. Despite 5 burials including the head and airway, the balloon was visible on the surface in 4 cases, and only 1 was completely buried with no evidence of the balloon. In this instance, a second avalanche overcame the victim's final position in a terrain trap at the base of the path, and he died after being buried 170 cm deep. Overall, 34 persons with the ABS deployed survived, and only 1 died. Although minor questions about efficacy in specific situations remain, these statistics are remarkably compelling and warrant close attention in the United States, where this device has not yet achieved a market.

If the bag keeps you on the top there's less chance of suffocation and a greater chance that you will be found & dug out quicker.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/ob1rYlCpOnM
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RobCrock, don't you come round here preaching about fun. You'll upset some of the locals. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Has anyone heard of or seen anyone skiing offpiste with an oxygen mask?

Yes, they will look like a loser.

But wondered if this had ever been tried?
latest report
OooooOOoooOOOooo look there's one now.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER - classic.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy