Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TIGNES 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks, but we're looking to go cheap, so last minute tour op is the way for us. We might be looking to do a season at some point though. Need to save the pennies first though Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any dustings over the last couple of days stuart? Looks like there is some due on friday night. You probably get a better snow report in resort?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
adamtheyido wrote:
Any dustings over the last couple of days stuart? Looks like there is some due on friday night. You probably get a better snow report in resort?

Local weather forecast says some snow tomorrow(Friday) Very Happy

Today has been another glorious day with deep blue skies and warm temperatures. The wind has picked up slightly this afternoon and it is a little colder.
The pistes are still very good and i have not encountered any worn patches Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No sign of any more snow at the moment, but plenty of sun. Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kenzie wrote:
No sign of any more snow at the moment, but plenty of sun. Cool

It's SNOWING Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Only very slightly, but still SNOW Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's SNOWING Only very slightly, but still SNOW

WOOOOHOOOOO, fantastic, just the news i wanted! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
is there still plenty to ski on lol?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another bluebird day. Pistes are in good shape. Madeye-Smiley Off-piste? Better not go there. Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another beautifull morning with snow forecast for tonight Very Happy

Whilst the past 10 days have been very sunny the pistes are still in good condition due to the low temperatures and are just waiting for that new snow wink

jonno wrote:
Off-piste? Better not go there. Crying or Very sad

Unless you have good local knowledge to find those hidden spots or spring snow at just the right time rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing last night & today, but the high winds are blowing it around, so some areas getting much more than others. More snow forecast for later in the week. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm coming in Saturday - let it snow!!!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
any more info on conditions?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowed Wednesday PM. Sunny Thursday am, more snow pm. Light snow tonight as I type. Powder everywhere (except where the wind stripped it all bare). A load more snow forecast. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
good good it can snow as much as it wants but as of sunday I would like sunshine in day and even more snow at night Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow again today, but flat light & lowish clouds made it a tough day.
latest report
as I left yesterday conditions were still great - as jonno says it snowed 3 days of the 6 I was there, and as long as you stay down in la daille or breviere during the flat light spots it's excellent fun (go up to high and you both lose the light AND nearly get blown off the mountain Toofy Grin). The remaining days were glorious sunshine Very Happy Hope it holds well for those of you going out in the next couple of weeks, was absolutely fabulous. aj xx
(p.s Stewart, is that freestyle guy that took the nasty fall in the ski school show ok? That looked HARD and I noticed despite keeping the smile in place he didn't seem to be able to put any weight on one leg!)
latest report
Great snow conditions all around Tignes today...bit firm under the soft stuff lower down but up high was AWESOME. Vis wasn't great - in & out all day but very skiable, & barely a track off-piste... loadsa powder to go at.. bring on tomorrow!!!
snow report
Another awesome day in the Espace Killy today, sea of clouds below 2300m in the morning, with bright blue skies above, and powder, powder everywhere......... Very Happy Very Happy
Pistes all good, bit of slush in the sun in the pm but nothing major, off-piste very good but anything in the sun turning v.heavy v. quickly... (but in the shade its all good...)
ski holidays
Bit like this:

Fresh tracks anyone?
latest report
offpisteskiing, I'll have two helpings please.

Where is that?
snow report
Mosha Marc, Tour du Charvet..

Good conditions again today...Pistes holding up very well, even with the warmth in the sun. Nice chalky snow in Mickeys Ears and Couloir 7 (once you get through the narrow scrapey bit..). Chardonnet couloirs getting a bit heavy (bit too much sun..). Tour de Balme very nice...:

More pics at http://offpisteskiing.blogspot.com
snow report
After 2 of the best days of the season Very Happy this morning it's snowing once again Very Happy

Monday was a real bonus day with clouds in the valley but superb snow and blus skies above 2300m. Once the clouds had burnt off, by mid morning, it was a fantastic day with the only problem being lack of sun tan lotion for some of my clients Sad

Tuesday dawned like monday finished Very Happy with great offpiste skiing for my morning group of teenagers and their dads. The afternoon clouded in a little and the light became a little flat.

Today is the anual 'Roast beefs' v 'Frogs legs' rugby match which is always very entertaining rolling eyes
ski holidays
Excellent conditions had since Monday, snowing lightly in Val D as I type this
snow conditions
Arriving tomoorw for a long weekend - anyone know what weather forecast is for tomorrow?

Ta
snow report
offpisteskiing, looks very mellow and nice.

Is Tour De Balme the same as Tour De Pramecou?

(Apologies for ignorance here)
latest report
How're things looking, we arrive Saturday night for the week? snowHead
snow report
BrightonSki wrote:
How're things looking, we arrive Saturday night for the week? snowHead

White & snowy Very Happy

It's been a funny day today, sunshine & snow showers all day long but very good skiing Very Happy
Great fresh powder anywhere above 2200m and enough sun to enjoy it.

It's currently snowing again so hopefully more powder tomorrow Very Happy
snow report
Sounds good Stuart, am back in Tignes from the 11th for 8 days so maybe see you then snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
roga,

Give me a ring when you are here and we will go for a ski.

Lots of new powder yesterday Very Happy Skied Palafour first and then Piste H to Val Claret. No need for any off piste as the pistes had loads of fresh snow on a firm base.
We then took the funicular up the glacier and the fresh powder was amazing Laughing Laughing Laughing Knee deep and light most of the way down Double M Laughing Laughing Laughing It was not all good news though as towards the bottom the snow was heavy Sad and some of the higher lifts were closed due to the gusty winds.

In the afternoon we stayed as high as possible,good skiing was to be had anywhere the sun had not warmed the snow too much. The Trolles piste back into Le Lac was a proper black yesterday with lots of new snow and large moguls Very Happy I have never seen as many 'expert' skiers with their skis in their hands walking down Shocked

This morning is bright and sunny so should be a good last day for my clients Very Happy
With all the new snow and bright sunshine the avalanche risk is pretty high
snow report
stewart woodward, sounds great. I am out there soon from the 18th for a while, looking at the forecast there seems to be a dump of snow forecast for next weekend. Hows the local forecast looking?
latest report
Reading this brings back memories of my 3 days in Tignes 2 years ago. Hope to re-visit sometime now that I ought to be able to ski a bit more of the place than I could then!
latest report
stewart woodward wrote:
roga,

Give me a ring when you are here and we will go for a ski.

Hey Stuart, just saw this have been away in Scotland with the family (yup skiing) for the last week - just back this afternoon and then off to Geneva tomorrow, phew!

Cheers Stewart, will do snowHead
snow report
Some fresh snow overnight & still snowing to freshen up the excellent pistes Very Happy
latest report
stewart woodward, great news about the snow Very Happy it's looking good on the forecast for the next week or so Very Happy
ski holidays
Light snow all day. Still warm, though. Sad
ski holidays
Kenzie wrote:
Light snow all day. Still warm, though. Sad
Puzzled Puzzled

Good powder above 2300 Very Happy Very Happy Snowing on & off all day.
snow report
Hotter than hell, beautiful weather. Everyting from decent snow on the glacier to boilerplate to mashed potato (although fairly fluffy mashed potato). All in all pretty good. More of the same tomorrow, snow later in the week, maybe.
snow report
richmond wrote:
Hotter than hell, beautiful weather. Everyting from decent snow on the glacier to boilerplate to mashed potato (although fairly fluffy mashed potato). All in all pretty good. More of the same tomorrow, snow later in the week, maybe.

Fairly fluffy mashed potato sums the conditions up well at the minute. Best piste conditions are definately first thing in the morning at the minute! Not too icy first thing either. Thankfully snow looks like it is on its way towards the end of the week!! Very Happy
ski holidays
daveg481,
Quote:

Thankfully snow looks like it is on its way towards the end of the week!!

Sure looks like it! Very Happy I shall be there from this Saturday just after it dumps so it appears snowHead
latest report
The last 2 days have been awesome Very Happy Very Happy Clear blue skies, warm weather & great skiing Very Happy Very Happy

The pistes are a little firm first thing in the morning but soon soften up. Some great spring skiing available off piste, although the avalanche risk rises considerably in the afternoon.

A great time of the year for a bottle of Roseie wine on a terrace in the afternoon rolling eyes

Some snow & slightly lower temperatures forecast for this afternoon/night
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy