Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads at the British Ski & Board Show 08 at the NEC this weekend - UPDATED

Poster: A snowHead
Just in case you haven’t spotted it, (‘cos I’ve just come across it rolling eyes ) Admin has put up the following post on this thread.

admin wrote:
snowHeads itself will have a preesence there this year too.
Members of snowHeads (that's you lot) will have access to the Clubs' Lounge, reserved for members of ski clubs and we will have a small stand as a point of contact.

Various members of the Piste Patrol have offered to be on hand to help keep the stand manned but naturally, snowHeads is only as fun as the people who are here so anyone who fancies hanging out, building the party and helping bring enlightenment to poor unfortunates who don't yet comprehend the 'true joy of being a snowHead' will be most welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Very Happy
Some very kind snowHeads have offered / been persuaded that they would like to contribute towards a prize draw! All newbies that join at the show and all snowHead that help to man (or lady) the stand duing the three days for however long they can, will be entered into the draw. The prizes are, so far, as follows:

Helen Beaumont has offered a short break in her self-catering apartment in Serre Chevalier in France that can be taken from the 16th to the 19th December 2008 or 8th to 11th January 2009. Plus two hours personal coaching with Gavin from Eurekaski which in itself, is worth £98. (Apartment only. Sleeps up to 4 people. No flights, transfers, food etc included. Refundable breakage deposit of €200 required)

CEM is donating custom footbeds

Spyderjon is offering a ski-tuning lesson with free tune

Kiwi1 is offering a Demon snow shovel

GBR Sports are giving a double ski bag

snowHeads hats

Fall-line are providing a subscription to both magazines: one for Document and one for Fall-Line as two prizes, including the full package of Scott Ltd goggles, T-shirt, discount card etc.

so even more reason for you to get yourself up / down to the NEC this weekend snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 30-10-08 13:42; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michelle, Doesn't mention free beer Sad The snowHead exhibitors at the London show had lots of free beer Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Oh that's a good idea Very Happy Are you offering to supply on behalf of Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, I'm sure some of the snowHeads that supplied free beer to some sH's in London will do the same in Brum wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, It'd be Shandy for you southerners though. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh smashing - looks like I might take the train after all wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guvnor, what day are you planning on going?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle, I shall be gracing the NEC with my presence on Friday if anyone is around?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor, make it Sunday and I'll let you buy me a beer Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michelle, Now there's an offer I can't refuse - or at least I couldn't if I didn't have a prior appointment with our very own Spyderjon on Friday wink

Who knows though - might be at a loose end on Sunday too....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guvnor, that's good Very Happy
Quote:

our very own Spyderjon

can buy me a beer too Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So who is going to be a willing volunteer to help out over the weekend? Can anyone spend a few hours being a snowHead on Friday, Saturday or Sunday? snowHead

Show opening times:
Friday 31st October: 1200hrs – 2000hrs
Saturday 1st November: 1000hrs – 1800hrs
Sunday 2nd November: 1000hrs – 1800hrs

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 29-10-08 11:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michelle, I would love to but I have to work this weekend, bad planning I know, but blame HRH wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, sorry, completely booked all weekend. I hadn't appreciated this was a call for help, and it's too late for me to unravel other arrangements now. Sorry.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, not good enough wink
Hurtle, what a shame - would have been good to have met you!

There's a few snowHead going to be there already, Admin & WindyMiller will be there for the three days, Elizabeth B and Kramer will be joining them on Saturday and Mrs Phorn & I will be there late Saturday and Sunday. The more the merrier Very Happy
ski holidays
I don't know how the day will pan out, but there is a good chance that BMF_Skier and I will be there on Saturday. We will have the Minimums in tow so doubt that we will be able to commit to formal stand time - the Minimums will want to do stuff and be places I'm sure - I'd like to get them a lesson/session on the indoor slope if I can - they like doing that sort of thing, but there is a fair chance that we will hover and chat for some time during the day during which time I have no objection if someone wants to use me as an example of a 'representative Snowhead'. I hope the Minimums will be welcome to visit the stand as honourary Snowheads too (they do carry the stickers on their helmets for us!) snowHead Hope to bump into some of you on Saturday.

If we do this another year and someone lets me know sooner, I am the volunteering type, but we've already told the Minimums that they can come round the show with us this year.

Which stand number are Snowheads on please?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 29-10-08 15:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I shall be there on Friday, from about Noon - I'll happily stand around for a couple of hours talking nonsense to anyone who would care to listen. It'll be just like being on here Laughing
snow conditions
Guvnor, thank goodness you didn't say 10.30 Laughing (Look at the opening times above wink ) I'm sure you'll happily put people off... I mean encourage people... NehNeh NehNeh

Megamum, may see you on Sat then if we get there in time Very Happy
snow report
Michelle, Any idea as to what is expected of me? Can I take numbers and then leave obscene voicemails? Apparently it's all the rage at the moment wink
snow report
We're probably going on Sunday - we'll arrive about lunchtime and stay for the afternoon, so we can't volunteer, but will definitely pop along and say Hi to whoever is on the snowHead snowHead stand.
snow conditions
Do we know the stand number please?
ski holidays
sorry. can't help. I will be in South Africa, otherwise I would have been there. Have a good time all.
ski holidays
Megamum, nope Very Happy Laughing
holidayloverxx, excuses wink
docsquid, It'll be good to meet you!
Guvnor, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Aww, I'm away too or I'd have popped down for the day.
holidayloverxx, Have a good un!
snow report
As mentioned in another thread, I shall be hungover following an out of guitar experience in York the previous day (and night wink ) so sadlyI'll have to miss out. Sad

Guvnor, hope the voucher turns up in time
snow conditions
Update Very Happy
Some very kind snowHeads have offered / been persuaded that they would like to contribute towards a prize draw! All newbies that join at the show and all snowHead that help to man (or lady) the stand duing the three days for however long they can, will be entered into the draw. The prizes are, so far, as follows:

Helen Beaumont has offered a short break in her self-catering apartment in Serre Chevalier in France that can be taken from the 16th to the 19th December 2008 or 8th to 11th January 2009. Plus two hours personal coaching with Gavin from Eurekaski which in itself, is worth £98. (Apartment only. Sleeps up to 4 people. No flights, transfers, food etc included. Refundable breakage deposit of €200 required)

CEM is donating custom footbeds

Spyderjon is offering a ski-tuning lesson with free tune

Kiwi1 is offering...

GBR Sports are giving a double ski bag

snowHeads hats

so even more reason for you to get yourself up / down to the NEC this weekend snowHead
snow report
We've got a stand - please come and say hello!
snow conditions
Is GBR Sports on sH (is there a sH who's assoc with them)?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges, I don't think that GBR Sports are actually members of sH's (though I'm willing to stand corrected Laughing ) but he supports us in many ways including a strong presence at the EoSB last year Very Happy
ski holidays
The user eisbar is from GBR sports.
He's not a big poster but joined in Jan '05 and has been an avid supporter of snowHeads ever since.
GBR sports is the UK distributor of Elan Skis hence the occassional bargains and freebies on snowHeads from Elan.
ski holidays
So, I'll be there from about Noon tomorrow - shall I just saunter by the club lounge and utter the immortal 'Are you Frosty the Snowman?' to anyone who will care to listen? snowHead
snow conditions
admin, thank you Laughing
snow report
We looked at coming down a few weeks ago but the train prices were ridiculous ! Its cheaper for two of us to fly to GVA.
snow report
Sadky, the answer to the question will be no Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, Smokin Joe, what a shame Sad
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
Do we know the stand number please?

Yes Very Happy

It's stand number 45.5, on the same block as the 'Skills Slope and Test Centre'
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
Is GBR Sports on sH (is there a sH who's assoc with them)?
he's going to be at the show but doesn't have a stand
latest report
Michelle, Excellent, I've just been very clever (for me anyway) and added it as a note into my mobile phone too!!
snow report
Michelle, Am I allowed on my carpet?
snow report
Michelle, Looks like I will be there on Saturday and I don't mind spending some time scaring people away from the Snowheads stand. Toofy Grin I will be with my son priceyboy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy