Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decent car hire firm needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello folks,

Can anyone help me find a good car hire company? I've checked easycar and holiday autos. Will be going from Lyon to Val Thorens. Obviously the cheaper the better as long as they are not a dodgy mickey mouse bunch.

All tips much appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SharkEnergy, I'm sure that you already know that Holiday Autos are not a car hire company but an agency, so if you want a car hire company, you can always go direct to, Hertz, Sixt, Alamo, Dollar, Europcar, and others and judge their best prices for your booking period.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had good service from Avis at Lyons, but that was about 4 years ago, so that means very little.

Not much to choose between them, if you ask me. They are all much dearer than they appear to be!

One thing I would mention is that you have to take a bus to get to the hire depot at Lyons. It can be a faff if you book the "airline linked" car provider. Since a plane-full of similarly booked people have arrived together, it might be a good trick to book with someone else to avoid the queues.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used Fastcarhire before without problems and cheaper than the car hire companies.
They are an agent and tend to use the regular car hire companies. Worth a look if nothing else Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To be honest, of all the major companies (see snowbunny's reply) you will alwasy hear good and bad from various people so I assume that means that they're all much of a muchness. I have probably used them all several times and I don't have a favoured one. What I suggest you do is go onto www.moneysupermarket.com and select the travel hen car hire section. That will then scan all of the major firms and agencies and compare the prices. What I would also suggest you do is look at taking out excess elimiation insurance. The excess can sometimes be very large on car hire and although the actual firms themselves offer additional cover to reduce / eliminate this it is very expensive indeed. Type in to Google something like "Car Hire Excess Insurance". Again I can't recommend one as I've never had to claim. They all seem to be about the same in terms of cost.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To be honest, of all the major companies (see snowbunny's reply) you will alwasy hear good and bad from various people so I assume that means that they're all much of a muchness. I have probably used them all several times and I don't have a favoured one. What I suggest you do is go onto www.moneysupermarket.com and select the travel hen car hire section. That will then scan all of the major firms and agencies and compare the prices. What I would also suggest you do is look at taking out excess elimiation insurance. The excess can sometimes be very large on car hire and although the actual firms themselves offer additional cover to reduce / eliminate this it is very expensive indeed. Type in to Google something like "Car Hire Excess Insurance". Again I can't recommend one as I've never had to claim. They all seem to be about the same in terms of cost.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have used holiday autos extensively and never had a problem. Used Hertz this summer and again had a good experience even managed to wangle an upgrade Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy