Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski show - Olympia

Poster: A snowHead
I was there yesterday and I must say, I was thoroughly disappointed.

Having never been before I'm not sure what I expected, but I found it pretty dull. The fashion show was ok and the ski and boarders were pretty good for a bit but not worth the entrance fee (and i got free tickets).

The beer was £3.75 for a bottle. There were no decent offerrs at the stands at all. In fact, some stuff seemed deaer than normal !!

I entered about a trillion competitions tho.... my attitude will change if i win one though

Went to the pub accross the road with the intention of going back later hoping that the atmosphere would come alive later with the live music.

Got slowly trollied with load of ther nice peeps we met in the pub (who were equally disappointed) and was having a good time there so decided not to go back.

I wont be bothering next year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Must say £12 on the day was too much. I agree no offers were to be had-always the case when the lass has money to spend on her new gear. Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We got some good reductions on some of these seasons Oakleys from the Oakley store. It was a long day today, but overall it was a good day. It could still do with more shops in my view. I am looking for a board and needed more shops there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GlenPF, Libertine, Everything in London costs so much though, I've got over being surprised or shocked now, I'll add car parking at £24 (and we complain about Ryanair!!)

I went today with the family. It was'nt as good as last year but my kids enjoyed it. The food was (even) more expensive and not as good. But the ski and snowboard exhibitions were very good as was the fashion walkway. The snow board simulator was a hit and so was the reindeer "buckaroo". Ice skating rink and curling were also good. Having some Olmpic team members there was also great to see.

As "we" won a transceiver, probe, backpack and shovel two year ago "we" now have to enter "all" of the competitions known to man (and woman), my Inbox received the first junk mail before I even got back tonight. You never know though we may win a chalet in Bansko yet.

Purchased from Ellis Brigham a back protector for my son and a new ski jacket both discounted to reasonable levels

Big thanks to Abby and her team at the Mark Warner creche for body guarding my children.

I may try the NEC next year or I may just put the parking money into a ski holiday instead, I've not decided
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went there on the Saturday, with Megamum, her two Minimums and thought it was a good day out. The jumps competition on the slope was excellent. The stalls, shopping kept us all occupied and we did get some bargains. £650 of gear for £250 ! Ice rink was a laugh.
It seemed busy but when we spoke to Kiwi1 he said it had been v quiet on the first three days.
London\ show prices, Sad but that was to be expected. Megamum's usual preparation saved us cash by taking some drinks and snacks, and calling at the snack bar before we entered for coffee and danish.
Travelled in by train from darkest Essex, so it enabled the kids to have their first train\underground\London experience.
I'd rather go on a quieter day next time, particularly if we had the Minimums in tow.
All in all good day out. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had a family day out there yesterday. Having not been for many years we all enjoyed it, as has been said would have liked to have seen a few more equipment stands. I don't think we will be back for a while although might give NEC a try next time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well we had a great day.
Tickets cost us £10 each which seemed good value to me as I pay £24 a ticket to go to the clothes show every year!
The ski display/competition was fun; the fashion show/breakdancing was excellent
The toffee vodka stall brought back happy memories.
Hubby bought new sallopettes at 50% discount.
Cant understand why anyone knocks it - its a great day out.
......And we bumped in to friends we havent seen for ages..
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well i use the ski show to herald the "start" of the season - well to get excited anyway. Chance to meet up with friends and to stock up on 6 months worth of loo reading. I enjoyed my trip on Friday and managed a few small purchase for the little one and Christmas pressies etc.

Oh and thanks to a fab snowHead my entry was free Razz
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wouldn't be surprised if next year sees the Ski Show being combined with the "London Freeze" which was running at Battersea over the weekend. The two together could make for a very good event and I suspect they would shift it to a larger venue.

Had a stand at the show this year and thought it was a pretty good event all in all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was not all that enthralled... It might be due to the fact I was going neither for equipment, nor holidays..so because the entertainment was not all that great, then my experience was not either...
It was not helped by the fact that we went on Saturday..It was rammed and very very hot!..And worse of all the Zillertal beer had ran out!

I think the London Freeze would have been better for me...

While on the gallery, I overheard "end of season bash" but could not then decide where that came from... Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 28-10-08 0:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ctskifam, Came passed twice but you were busy selling hard Toofy Grin so didn't like to interupt you Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, must have been some else ... soft sell only from me! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You should all stop moaning! Sounds like Libertine was just interested in getting pissed out of his head!

There were plenty of stands and traders. It is a good place to get hold of the latest 08/09 gear - not necessary always the cheapest. The skiing. boarding and fashsion shows were pretty good. Okay - the food and drink may be a bit expensive, but that is normal at these events. What else would you want?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Inverted8, welcome to snowHead s

Maybe they should move to Swindon, that'll give them something to moan about Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a good time with BMF_Skier, and posted here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1048167#1048167

I wish I knew how you got these links to go to the precise posting within a thread - each must be numbered somehow.

Edit: Thanks Yoda - done it!!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 27-10-08 22:40; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Megamum, click on the little "post" icon on the right (before the date) of the post you want to link to - the post link will appear in your address bar wink
snow conditions
Kruisler wrote:
worse of all the Zillertal beer had ran out!

That's because it had been guzzled by the guys/girls from the Royal Air Force stand. I had to virtually fight my way to the bar through their staff to get my free beer on Friday night. Confused

Not very impressed overall. It the tickets had been free, I might feel differently - but they weren't and I don't.
snow report
Yoda, Brilliant!! Thanks, the times I've wondered how that was done. I remember asking once before, but clearly didn't understand the answer - to think it took over 8000 posts to find out Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy