Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire from Grenoble airport

Poster: A snowHead
Hol Autos have told me that their supplier at the airport is shut on Saturdays, and suggested I pick up from Grenoble train station (some 35km away) instead.

Does anybody who's had this problem before have any advice on what the best thing to do might be?!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulio, shut on the busiest arrival day of the week? I should find out who their supplier is and ask. Or look at the grenoble airport website and book direct with someone who is open.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's apparently true.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://locations.europcar.co.uk/fr/grenoble-airport-ikc-car-hire/index.html

I think it is open after 3 but call them. I think they are the onely ones on saturday..

Or carhire 3000 - but I bet they use Europcar...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That list of opening times is a bit ambiguous.

Also, the Europcar booking site crashes my Firefox every time I visit it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
paulio, you could get the airport shuttle bus into town and pick the car up from the railway station. Bit of a faff though, especially on the way back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Worst airport ever.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulio, Use Opera not firefox and call them to double check as the times do look odd.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paulio, clearly you have spent no time at Tarbes. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hertz website seems to claim, like the others, that they're shut on Saturdays at GRN except that after Dec 13th they will be open.

They can't be the only ones, imagine the lost business for the others! Unless I've misread that.

Otherwise, Hertz FTW.

Or a cab to the Gare de Grenoble for the much better Hol Autos rates Confused
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Phoned Hertz and they do claim to be open on those dates, plus I've got corp. discount with them.

Winner.

Still unbelievable that Hol Autos would flat out refuse though, I thought they were agents for Hertz? Ah well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paulio, having picked up at least twice on Sats at GRN, wasn't really sure on where this thread was going.

One bit of advice - there is little other option of getting out of the airport expect by rental, so the queues build up quickly - if there are two of you, send one out to get the rental car sorted while the other is waiting on baggage.

Once we spend longer waiting in the Q to get the car than we spent driving it to Les Arcs...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JimW, did you use Hertz by any chance? I checked the websites of other suppliers, and they are indeed all shut on Saturdays, amazingly.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio, I'm surpised it's only 35km. Always seems to take a solid hour on the motorway to get from the airport to the outskirts of the city, so by the time you add finding the station....

Lizzard, you have me worried. Going to Tarbes for the first time at half term with the family. Will already have had a hellish journey just to get to Stansted, so what awaits me at the other end ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulio, no - Europcar I think, well... whichever one is pimped by Easyjet - we had someone with corporate discount, felt smug, only to find everyone else on the flight in the same car hire queue.

Doh!
ski holidays
truffaut, I wouldn't worry about it - last (and only) time I was there was donkeys ago. It was a huge hangar with absolutely nothing in it at all. Not so much as a sandwich shop. We had to spend about five hours there as a result of uselessness on the part of a now defunct tour op.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy