Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet is an idiot.

Poster: A snowHead
Discuss.

(As we are doing all the classics at the moment)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's illegal not to on a motorbike in England on the public highway.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, unless you are sikh Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've considered this quite a lot and just thought about what occasions I wear my helmet. It depends on exactly what I'm doing I suppose but I don't wear it when I'm walking as the impact speeds are generally fairly low, however when jogging / running I always where one. That said, if I'm on the way to the shops, get out of my car (after removing my helmet and leaving it on the passenger seat) and then walk into a lamp post on the way to the newsagent to buy the lottery ticket, fracturing my skull in the process, I will freely admit that I was an idiot. I don't think helmets should be made compulsory for pedestrians nor around the house except for children but one place that I would always remove my helmet is in bed as I think that the neck strap could get entangled on the bed frame whilst I am asleep and think that the risk outweighs the benefit. I usually where it when I am skiing but would not be interested in understanding any further research. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
moffatross, you are obviously a very sensible person, but do you think it wise to buy lottery tickets in the current economic climate? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
would u vtt / mountainbike without one? think heads are delicate? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssnowman wrote:
Boredsurfing, unless you are sikh Madeye-Smiley

Who also did not have to wear steel helmets in WW1 Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/columnists/jamesmay/3173972/James-May-I-fought-the-law....html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob wrote:
Discuss.

(As we are doing all the classics at the moment)

It's been discussed to death on this forum.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
only in the bedroom Very Happy (funny on several different levels) Laughing

and i wouldn's say idiots, more LOSERS Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joke all you like but i am convinced would be dead now if i hadnt been wearing a helmet after crashes skiing and on my motocross bike....

fatbob, do you wear one?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, Yep - branches and chairlift bars are hard. I was trying a bit of a golden oldie troll though.

Tomorrow - Is La Rosiere any good for skiing? wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, Laughing Laughing So it must be deathwish week... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, speaking of which, has your vision settled down after that fall you had?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, mine hasn't after that summer I had.
snow conditions
comprex, did you knock yourself out as well? I didn't realise. Or is this one of your allusive posts in which the allusion has flown past me again? Toofy Grin

Oh, bloody hell, I've just got it. Fall, summer... It's late here, OK? rolling eyes
snow report
Hurtle, but "Ode to Fall" just wouldn't have been written, Shirley?
ski holidays
Yoda, Indeed! Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm an idiot. Madeye-Smiley Once you wear a helmet for skiing it doesn't feel right without it. I wore my helmet all week skiing Tignes. My attic chalet room had low beams, not going to bed in my helmet, on waking you can guess the rest. Even worse after a small amount of red wine I fell out of bed & cracked the back of my head on the bedside table & was knocked unconscius Embarassed
ski holidays
if someone will not ski without a helmet on, then has an accident, then the accident is a result of wearing the helmet!

false sense of security and all that, plus unless it's below -10 i get too hot with a lid on.
ski holidays
Quote:

I was trying a bit of a golden oldie troll though.

fair enough, it was late, I had just gotten home after a very long flight and you suckered me in Laughing
snow report
But then again, some of the neurosurgeons I have worked with for a good few winters can argue quite convincingly against helmet wearing...
ski holidays
fatbob, ha ha ha ha ha.............. bored, huh..?

As it happens I don't wear one..
snow report
I can only think of the words of the 3 wise vultures from the Jungle book

"Dont start that again"

If you want wear one if you dont dont. If you are a sikh claim it is because of religion
ski holidays
Are you still an idiot if you have just got the one partner and are using other forms of birth control?
snow report
offpisteskiing, could you outline their arguments please?
snow conditions
Yoda, the ones often given, with regard to cycling, are increases risk taking as feel invulnerable, can't hear traffic so well. some injuries are compounded by the helmet crushing your skull

But I'm sure you could argue that seatbelts have caused deaths where people have been stuck in cars - so we shouldn't wear them

Elizabeth B, Uh?
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
But I'm sure you could argue that seatbelts have caused deaths where people have been stuck in cars - so we shouldn't wear them

Indeed you could, but the evidence would prove you wrong.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
Boris wrote:

Are you saying you have proof that nobody has ever died in a car crash as a result of being trapped by said seatbelt??
snow conditions
Red Leon wrote:
Kramer wrote:
Boris wrote:

Are you saying you have proof that nobody has ever died in a car crash as a result of being trapped by said seatbelt??

I think the suggestion is that had the person NOT been wearing a seatbelt, they would have been dead anyway. So whilst a seatbelt may result in a delay getting someone out of a vehicle, it is highly unlikey it contributed to their death.
ski holidays
Standee

Boris wrote:
But I'm sure you could argue that seatbelts have caused deaths where people have been stuck in cars.........

Kramer wrote:

Standee wrote:
I think the suggestion is that had the person NOT been wearing a seatbelt, they would have been dead anyway. So whilst a seatbelt may result in a delay getting someone out of a vehicle, it is highly unlikey it contributed to their death.

Kramer's not suggesting anything. He's offering us a "fact" which I don't think can be proven.
snow report
Red Leon, I think he is suggesting that statistics (or evidence) would suggest that seatbelts save more lives than they take
ski holidays
I think forcing people to wear seat belts does save more lives in cars as helmets undoubtably do in skiing....but I think we should go further...

Skiing is clearly dangerous and not just to the individual but to passive skier/wayward pedistrian or innocent worker with whom you may collide - even children are put at risk by selfish individuals ...helmet or not it is a drain on the health service and takes resouces away from those who may need it the most. It doesn't matter how much tax it raises to pay for the hospitals and don't get me started on the enviromental problems..

Ban it and ban it now...

Just like smoking.

Discuss.
snow conditions
Quote:

Ban it and ban it now...

I work in IT and wouldn't be able to go skiing if IT was banned - so I vote to keep IT
ski holidays
A few seasons ago I wipedout and smacked the back of my head on some ice..was mildy concussed and couldn't ski the rest of the day..so now wear a helmet cos it means a knock doesn't put and end to the days skiing..plus its got speaks in th eear flaps that are soooo much better then headphones..so its winwin
latest report
Boris, helmet - condom........what else would it be?
snow report
Boris, You work in IT?

Your the sort I'm talking about reckless and feckless...Ban IT
latest report
Quote:
could you outline their arguments please?

Yoda, Sadly not with any accuracy (they have since been filed under lots of other stuff in my memory). Will ask them again this winter and report back...

Off the top of my head there are issues/arguments to do with increased inertia + increased lever-arm effect/possible forced neck angles etc but don't quote me on this.

PS this is not my personal view on helmets, I am merely offering some counter-arguments...
ski holidays
Any one know if the place in Canada, Trembler or something is any good.
ski holidays
I cannot believe this thread has actually taken off! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy