Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich to Hintertux transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Need help.
I am travelling to Munich airport to go on to Hintertux next week.
I may be late getting there due to some travel arrangements out of my control so will miss the transport that has been arranged.

Does anybody know any transport companies that I can use to do a transfer.
Is it easier to get there from Innsbruck - or any other airport for that matter?

All help gratefully appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dek, I'm driving from Munich airport to Hintertux on sunday morning. PM me if sunday is any good to you... I ordered a compact car (they had run out of S Class) so not sure yet how roomy it'll be.

Otherwise, train to ostbahnhof, change onto Innsbruck train and get off at Jenbach, change train and get off at Mayrhofen, walk a few yards and get post bus up to Tux.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you guys in Hintertux all week? - there's a chance I might be there towards the end of the week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode S thanks for the offer, hopefully I will be arriving in country on Sat evening - but that may change, got a few trains planes and stuff to make it that far.

DB, yes I am there all week, I will PM both of you my mobile number, if you fancy a snowheads blast give me a ring.

Anyone else in the area?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been there and done it
- for info 4 Seasons transfer services did the business.
Desk in shopping area of terminal one Munich Airport
Contact number +43 512584157
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dek, I know who you are!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dek, useful to know for the future, thanks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dek, what cost?

And are they running the brand new Gletscherbus from the bottom station yet?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Dek

I live in Innsbruck and have used 4 seasons many times, they are certainly pacey on the autobahn. Check what the rates are to Hintertux as any destinations off the main Inntal (Innsbruck valley) incur an extra charge. I would also be sure to book ahead as if they are full you will be sitting around Munich airport for some time.

matt
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beanie1,
I have sussed you out too snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller,

yup, we used it the first day it opened.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller,

cost was 78 Euros

Lift started running on Sat 8th for our last run back down, dont know if that means it is in full operation though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1,

Chritstened it was the term wasnt it ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dek, depends what you mean by christened!?!?!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beanie1, Easy.

Just been planning Jan. Had a talk with Alex, think that I will be going back out with him to M.hoffen
latest report
Dek, alright for some with loads of weeks off!!
snow report
Dek, beanie1, have you two just been out with WCS then?
snow report
You can get the train from (downstairs in) Munich airport to Jenbach, at the end of the Ziller Valley ("Zillertal").

From there you take the train up the Ziller Valley to Mayrhofen and then a bus to Hintertux.

It's a very scenic trip and straightforward enough. The staff at the airport train ticket desk are extremely helpful and will give you a printout of the train changes/connections you need to take, including the relevant timings.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, yes.
ski holidays
John Crawford, hi john

roughly how long does the train take and what cost would you be looking at?

cheers

Nick
ski holidays
3 hours from the hauptbahnhof (main train station) and 36 euros one way last time i looked. It will be a bit longer from the airport, with a change at the ostbahnhof (east train station) for the train to Jenbach.
snow report
beanie1 wrote:
VolklAttivaS5, yes.

Ah. The reason I asked you is because a month or so ago, I had a look briefly at going on that week. I couldn't go in the end because of work commitments. I've not been with them before. Have you been a few times before last week? What do you like about them that makes them your choice out of interest? Very Happy
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, no not been before, though about 90% of guests were repeat customers which is obviously a good sign! All the instructors were BASI trainers, so it was a very high level of instruction and suited my goals.
snow conditions
beanie1, yes, I think once someone finds a company they are happy with then they tend to keep with the same one. Glad you had a good week.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy