Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite nationality you've met skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
On another thread there was some discussions about the Russian influence in Ischgl and it got me thinking about which country's people I ejoyed the most when away skiing.

For me the Austrians have got to be up there - like us Scots they know how to party, but are much better looking, more efficient, healthier (not difficult I know) and more polite. I also like the Dutch, as they're all up for a laugh. Think the Scandos have got to be the nicest looking and most stylish
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to like the Dutch. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has to be the Dutch they just know how to party with a smile! Or the scandinavians they were always fun in the YETI in tignes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swedes. Laughable Peak Performance clothes. Proper drinking habits, nice turn of speed, and the ability get on lifts without having them stop.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Scottish. Our women are fairly average so maybe any sort of Scandinavian country. They have better women.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ok, so the first 3 posts i saw when i logged on tonight are: this one, then "if you can't ski a black run you're a beginner", and "how baggy is too baggy?"

WTF?? is everyone on glue?? Puzzled Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Dutch know how to party....... till 10pm - then its off the tables & home to bed Confused

I like French in fartbags Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Austrians of course nothing to do with the fact that they own the mountains Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry, Probably, but its quality glue - can't beat best Araldite!! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this really a who have you got lucky with/flirted disastrously with when on a ski trip thread? Met a nice kiwi girl once.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Norwegians are the greatest Race in the world.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob, THen it definitely has to be Brazilian. Hmmm...Ana from Sauze d'oulx... wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Japanese. Man, those XXXXS ski suits look cute on the girls, and the guys are all either dyed hair, immaculately-dressed jib monsters or consumate Frank Spencers. Adorable stuff!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I met a lovely Finnish girl in Verbier a few years ago. No sides, no worries, no expectations just really friendly.
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
I met a lovely Finnish girl in Verbier a few years ago. No sides, no worries, no expectations just really friendly.

I hope your finish was just as good. Toofy Grin
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Norwegians are the greatest Race in the world.
I'm going sailing with a bunch of Norwegians in Greece next week - they're all crazy Laughing
snow conditions
Brits. snowHead
ski holidays
geepee, let's say I fully filled all her expectations wink
snow conditions
Vote Dutch
snow report
RachelQ,

A)are they female?

if yes..

B)is there an empty place? wink
ski holidays
halfhand, Too much information Shocked
ski holidays
Aussies - always up for a laugh, a beer and the daftest lines.

Canadians - probably amongst the friendliest people I've ever met.
ski holidays
bulgarian mainly the ski instructors good sense of humor good english and always up beer or night out.
snow conditions
Swedish people nice people great banter off the slopes as well great drinking buddies to. Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Had the pleasure of meeting some very accomodating Swedes once.....
snow report
comprex, Oh no. Here I was thinking Peak Performance stuff was best out. Will need to bin it all now. Thanks a lot Embarassed
snow report
The French. Rude and grumpy after my own heart. I couldn't cope with Canadians, it was like everyone was trying to sell you something.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cunners, You could'nt p1ss a canadian off if you tried Cool
snow report
Ha ha yeah thats true Canadians are nice folk to especially towards Lake Louise and Banff Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
boabski, Being Engliish Englisish After that who gives a
snow conditions
Cunners wrote:
The French. Rude and grumpy after my own heart. I couldn't cope with Canadians, it was like everyone was trying to sell you something.
Bang on! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Sharkymark wrote:
Aussies - always up for a laugh, a beer and the daftest lines.

Canadians - probably amongst the friendliest people I've ever met.
That about sums it up for me (but possibly the other way round). I just try to avoid discussing cricket with Aussies...

Cunners, I think you've got the Canucks confused with the Yanks - also very friendly people, but in a slightly sickening way. I've never felt a Canadian's friendly persona to be anything other than entirely genuine. I have, however, learnt to avoid debating issues with Americans, you cannot win an argument with an American, however ridiculous their position might be.
snow report
Israeli! The funniest ski suits and very chatty and pleasant
ski holidays
Only grumpy canadian I ever met (apart from the tipping incidnet in Quebec) was the bus driver in banff. To skiers in a melee crowding the doors "we can do this one of two ways - mine, or not at all!" Laughing
snow conditions
Wouldn't say has been fave, but did share a fantastically entertaining bubble in the 3V with a Belgian chap withh hair by Crazy Meg who spent the entire journey telling OH about shooting animals and going hunting and that...Hilarious, so long as you weren't a moose.
snow report
...oh and I met a couple of top Englanders in Canada who spent at least an hour on a half-decent pow day helping me find a lost ski. Cheers DaveC! snowHead
ski holidays
Cough. Probably French. Cough.
snow report
I think you've all missed the obvious answer the best nationality I've ever met whilst skiing were 'Snowheads'!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead Cool Cool Cool
latest report
French..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy