Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski slope in the O2 ??????

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/whatson/o2-ski-slopes-tickets-article-7375.html?utm_source=VenueSiteStats&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=VenueSiteStats

i can get some lunch time skiing in Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ooooh - interesting! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow they have kept that quiet, how does 45m long compare to other indoor slopes Puzzled

More info here http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/the-slopes-20081127.html
and here
http://www.nonstopski.com/blog/uncategorized/londons-first-indoor-twin-ski-slope-the-o2/

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 22-10-08 12:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just checked the O2 site: twin slopes, each 45m in length. That's seems quite short (though probably ok for lunch time shenanigans Smile)
How long are the slopes at MK?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure about MK, but Castleford is 175m.

45m seems very short.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Both slopes are approximately 220ft high and in length are both 175m
- in Milton Keynes. But the O2 is a lot closer! Definitely good for a ski fix I'd have thought!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cathy, Check out the T&C's Gloves and Helmets provided! Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
those will be nice gloves !!!

all those cold dripping noses wiped... must be a health risk in that ! lol
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmmm... takes me 90 minutes (door-to-door) from zone 1 in London to MK. Comparitively, it takes 60 minutes to get to the O2. And most of that journey is underground.

I think it's worth travelling the extra 30 minutes for the longer - and ever so slightly more challenging - slope at MK Smile

That said, the more slopes they build in and around London the better (although moving to the alps is another option...)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
are these going to be "real" snow? references are to them being artificial slopes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno,

No, they're plastic. Also only temporary.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1, i am even less excited about it than i was before
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got to say the mock up photo on the website makes it look less desirable than the slope at the ski show which itself is usually as desirable as ricketts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zero-G wrote:
and ever so slightly more challenging - slope at MK Smile

Challenging and milton keynes in the same sentence... never though i'd see that !! lol
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh Sad I thought it would be real artificial snow Sad

arno wrote:
i am even less excited about it than i was before

Me too now - although I WAS excited about it
latest report
fatbob, i thought it looked quite festive
snow report
Can't you just ski down the dome on the outside - that's already white!
latest report
Libertine, considering I'm a novice.... Smile

Anyway, since the O2 slope is plastic according the folk above, it's no longer on my radar.
latest report
Zero-G, lol, a stealth slope!
ski holidays
Laughing
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
Wow they have kept that quiet, how does 45m long compare to other indoor slopes Puzzled

The snowdomes are all of the order of 160m. There is an indoor slope at Calshot (near Southampton) that's about 42m, and a slope here in Guildford also about 40m - but I've never been to either of those Wink . 45m allows you to get about 2 turns in (3 at a push). A "typical" dryslope is in the 100m+ region: Bromley 120m, Aldershot, Christchurch and Southampton all about 110m, as is Warmwell (Snowflex surface). Bowles is a bit shorter at 75m, Folkestone at 60m and I think Sandown's about the same. Welwyn is about 150m, Bassingbourne is 100m, Brentwood, Norwich and Ipswich are bit longer at 180m (but Brentwood's rather flat), and the Nike slopes (all now a Permasnow surface) at Bracknell, Chatham (and also Swadlincote) are about 160m. There are a few longer ones: Pontypool at 230 and Llandudno at 250m, Wycombe (if it ever gets going again) at 300m, and of course Hillend at 400m.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Wow they have kept that quiet
Cos it's stealth, innit.
latest report
GrahamN, Oh I know Calshot Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy