Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Steve Sparks, that sounds awesome although I am literally vomiting with envy.

The webcams today are..., well just look at them.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
202cm predicted between now and monday....sweet can't wait to only 2 more days at work!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SCGB site, just updated, shows 100% of lifts open.

The Zermatt lift company site shows nowhere near that (maybe 50%), Who's to be believed?!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paulio,

I'd take the Matterhorn Lift Company as being accurate. They will not open all lifts at present due to lack of skiers on the mountain, if you were out there now you'll find loads to ski. Everything will probably open on Saturday, with Stockhorn the only one that may be closed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well i'm here in resort.. and this morning only 3 lifts (lifts to skiable runs) were open, but through the day more opened...its still snowing though so expect tomorrow to be the same. visability is poor lots of flat light, and i've only go burnt iridium high sun lenses!!

things are meant to get better on thursday, and a drop in temp would be good..over 0c in resort and even up the hill its not that cold..due to the snow runs are pretty cut up and moguled..though I've only a couple of runs so far (only arrived yesterday) off piste is deep and getting a bit sticky..avalanche risk is well high and pretty much all the iteneries are shut..hopefully a drop in tempt and the snow clearing will make for better conditions all round by thurs/fri.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just for clarification, Zermatt gives a constant map-based and list-based update on what's running:
http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/bahnen/
To the left of that map, the three ski-area lift systems can be clicked to see the status of lifts and pistes in list form.
The resort also provides a clear timetable of which lifts are scheduled to run on any day of the year:
http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/fahrplan/kleinmatterhorn.html
Again, the individual areas can be clicked at the left of the page.

By tradition, the Stockhorn/Triftji area doesn't open until mid Jan (it used to be later in the old days), but the current snow cover is (I think) at least as can usually be expected by mid-season, so maybe they'll open that sector up earlier this winter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The high avalanche factor maybe the reason for many of the lifts not being opened, according to the various websites this high level is due to reduce during the week.
As so much snow has fallen lately, it will take time to ensure that the various areas are made safe before opening the various runs.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perfect sunny day today. More opening up again now they had the chance to clear snow and I notice on the run down from gronegrat avalanche debris.

hopefully tomorrow the links to Cervina will open again.

piste conditions vary depending on the amount of sun and bashing they had, from nice hero snow to cut up moguled cruddy where theres been no bashing.. off piste is nice light knee to waist deep pow, but a crust now developinng in some places.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papasmurf, coming on Sunday, keep up the updates.
Yesterday Cervinia avalanche risk was at 5, today it's at 4. Similarly Zermatt has dropped from 4 yesterday to 3 today (but I guess you know that rolling eyes )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rail access to Zermatt completely cut off yesterday I heard.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cervina links still closed today due to avalanche risks on their side. But also the furgstatal chair and the glacier drags above trockner steg..no idea why, but work on the gravity park might be one reason.

predicted sunshine and clear conditions only lasted till midday when low cloud and snow (only light) and poor visability returned but has now cleared.

all runs back into resort from all 3 ski areas now fully open again and most psites open or nearly open, the only exception is the freeride area round stockhorn.

Pistes are generally in good condition, understandedly grooming has not been 100%, but they seem to be on top now. Lower runs back to town and some in the shadow are icey under a light dusting (but nowhere near as bad as they normally are this time of year), and some are cut up and mogually. but in general across all 3 ski areas the conditons are good with the best on the Gronegrat side.

off piste is now pretty tracked out and quality of snow varies from area to area, with a mix of crusty and cut up to still some nice patches of dry powder, avalanche risk is at 3.

temps around -8 to -14 on the slopes and -2 in resort thsi evening.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paulio wrote:
Rail access to Zermatt completely cut off yesterday I heard.

not awear of any issues, the road from tasch to zermatts been shut in the mornings a few times at the start of the week
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just a note to al going ..lots of snow last week but the Italian side did not open all week and the lift company refunded all of the 44sf that we had paid for the week with no quibbling
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DaveD, one italian ski school instrictor reported 6 metres in places. We got over last week and conditions were excellent !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe
I think it was just avalanche and wind problems at the top but I am jealous haven't been over for many years we had 2 really good days the week before the rest was poor vis and some wind but we managed to ski every day except the Monday when you couldn't see across the street in the village
snow conditions
Conditions over New Year were stunning. Powder conditions on piste a couple of times, only a little low/flat light to deal with and occasional snowfall during the day. 3 days were near perfect lovely blue-sky affairs. Utter bliss.

DaveD, don't feel too bad that you didn't make it over to Cervinia. We went over once and got bored approximately one hour later. It's the least interesting ski area I have ever visited, including Milton Keynes. The Valtournenche bit is alright though.
ski holidays
A quick update about conditions at the beginning of Feb: There is loads of snow - everything seems well covered. It is in great condition, though we are forecast to peak at 1C tomorrow, at resort level. The only problem at present is visibility - Sunday was fine, with enough gaps in the clouds to be bright enough to see the bumps and crud. Today (Monday 2nd), we had pretty solid cloud, so it was gloomy. Then, to make matters worse, another layer of clouds (fog?) rolled up the valley, reducing visibility to a few metres on the way down the slopes. Scary. High winds shut many top/middle lifts. But for anyone planning to come out in the next few weeks, you should be fine for snow unless there is a real warm spell.
ski holidays
How are things, looks cold, coming out soon.
snow conditions
Well things are nice here, snowed for about 36 hours, anyone coming out here is going to be happy!
snow conditions
geeo, keep it cool til 4th April please - just bought my transfer pass from ZCH, so I'm just letting myself get excited.
snow conditions
Just spent a few days in Zermatt.

Conditions are very good.

White from top to bottom.

Plenty of snow to see them through to the end of Apr.
ski holidays
Whitegold, you do get around dont you wink Verbier,Saas Fee,Zermatt.As i am out to Verbier on Sat its good to have some on the spot reports.
ski holidays
hedley wrote:
Whitegold, you do get around dont you wink Verbier,Saas Fee,Zermatt.As i am out to Verbier on Sat its good to have some on the spot reports.

And Muerren wink
ski holidays
snowing again here need some sun...
ski holidays
10 sleeps to go. Nice 40cm dump yesterday. More forecast although freezing level a bit above the town at present modelling.
Ny news from on the slopes there (other than SCGB?)
snow conditions
Backing up Whitegold's report. Still skiing down to the resort, great snow high up. only a couple of itineraries down to Furrg are shut. Until Thursday there were no queues at all, but again it was quieter on Friday. I was pleasantly suprised by the prices too - not as bad as the 3v last year with a more favourable exchange rate (Lift pass excepted)

More snow expected later this week too...

mmmm
snow report
http://www.ski-zermatt.com/features/zermatt-live-cams.html

This was green yesterday (Findeln)
snow report
Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
See you on Friday Zermatt snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Amazing!!!
snow report
The meteo stations of SLF had been reported this morning the HUGE amount of 113cm of new snow the last 24h in Saas-Fee at 2810m Shocked Shocked Shocked And looking at the radar and webcams it continues hardly..... When the Klein Matterhorn could open and the viz improve could be a powderfest....
snow conditions
anyone know if Rothorn and Gornegrat are still open or only Klein Matterhorn? I think cervinia is still open until Sunday also right? The ski cub of great Britain reported 187cm of fresh snow on Monday - assume that is a mistake? The webcam at Findeln looks more like 40cm. Anyone there who can confirm? Merci
snow conditions
bobinch, I guess it is too late now for a reply. Sitting in Zermatt just now, just KM that is open but all the links to and the whole of Cervinia is still open. Closes today. There was definitely more than 40cm of snow wink
latest report
Zermatt was great at the weekend. Here is a pic of the Unterteodulgletscher on Friday

And fresh tracks under the Schwarztor on saturday

And the good old Matterhorn

snow report
bobinch, good work !
ski holidays
Would people kindly stop posting pictures of the world's best resort, that I won't be going back to for several years, and that didn't look as good as your pictures when I was there and will never look as good as your pictures ever again. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
What are your plans next week Wink?

snow-forecast is suggesting a good sized fall at the end of this week.
snow report
Mont Blanc on Sunday/Monday if weather allows and guide comes through. Otherwise 2 laps of the Vallee Blanche on Sunday. Should be epic with the new forecast snow and cold temperatures. This season never ends....
ski holidays
bobinch, snowHead If you are making a summit don't forget your camera wink

Lucky b@)£€^*!
ski holidays
First snows above 2000m this weekend and i'll be there, just a shame that we are organising our wedding out there and won't have a chance to get up on the glacier to sample the fresh stuff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy