Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VAL THORENS - Advice needed have you been??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys, we are a party of lads all 21/22 years, looking to go to val thorens at the end of march 08, can anyone tell me what the snow is like at that time of year? (i know it is usually getting sludgy by that time but it is the highest resort in france) and also what is the apres like? we are looking for a few decent bars but nothing mad (maximum time on piste needed!!)

Jamie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads - not sure there was a need to write in such a large font.

Snow should be fine - for the last couple of years snowheads has been to VT in mid/late april and still had good snow so you should be fine for that side. Some decent bars too - Frog and Roastbeef is the highest bar in the alps allegedly...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jdodd86 make sure you go to the Viking for happy hour (as far as i remember 4-7pm each night) when it's buy one pint get one free Very Happy

as bertie bassett says the snow should be good in late march
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy VT is spot on for snow that itme of year - you will have the glaciers and are pretty much good-snow-sure for that time. you might find it a wee bit slushier in the lower valleys if your gonna use the whole 3V area.
If your all party lads and decent skiers/riders I have a wee challenge for ye - the 3 valley rally......me and a few mates made it up (im sure it had been done before but without the beer) a couple of years ago and is basically a monster ride/ski/pi55 up. you have to go to every village that is skiable in the 3 valleys and have a beer in each, doesnt sound a lot but its a long way so you need all day and have to plan the route well. We had an emence sunny day and were all blazing by the time we got home. no injurys as we took it easy. you can also add in games like ESF ass tapping (they love that). you have to ride past instructors and tap their asses on the way by you can have bets for shots for the most taps and the looser gets them in in the next village!! ohhh the days! Smile
Have a good trip.
party on. Razz
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jdodd86, I'm sure there a LOT of snowHeads who have been to VT and later in the season than you wink

Have a look at any threads mentioning the EOSB
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A group of us are heading out to VT last week in March, staying in the montagnettes lombarde chalets, anyone experienced these first hand? Got discount on the ski passes and should be able to get discounted hire as well, place and location looks pretty smart as well, unless I'm looking at the town plan the wrong way round....

We're all different levels and just wanted some really good soft stuff this year, heard VT was a good if not the best place to go around that time. Cya there!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Park yourself on the ridge around Cime Caron..and point them down the south valley..that will do for starters.
Use the Rosael lift to do laps. The head east and use the Brouchet, Peyron lifts to drop down to the Plan Brouchet if you feel comfortable on glaciers.
If you don't, take someone who knows....

I think I need to spend some time in VT this year...Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy