Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First white stuff in Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
I love it when you wake up completely oblivious to the fact that its snowed until you look outa the window and its all gone white! Not that there is that much snow up there this morning, but enough to give me a kick up the ass and persuade me that its gonna be an awsome season!!

Check it out - view out of my window looking at Nevis Range in Scotland this morning.... you could almost ski on that (cough cough)...

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why is there a Space Invader hovering over the right of that peak? Shocked
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Because space invaders like skiing too!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tomkennedy101 (& space invader wink ), welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
tomkennedy101, welcome to snowHead s. Are you in Spean Bridge ?

I'm a bit south of you, working remotely (wife and kids on hols), looking out over Loch Creran. Snow on the tops here too. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice piccy, it's the second dump though is it not (saw snowy piccies on Winterhighland from the 5th)?

Nice view mate... I really need to get back up to Scotland in the not too distant future - no views like that here in Bristol Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, view is from Spean Bridge... and yes, its technically the second dump. First 'dump' was more of a heavy frost though - this time its REAL SNOW! heh heh...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
loks like a slight dusting on Skiddaw today as well. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Snowgoose cam is back on for the season and looking, well ... snowy but I can't see a goose. http://webcam.nevisrange.co.uk/image4.jpg
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently there was even a dusting on the Mournes this morning too
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tomkennedy101 wrote:
Yep, view is from Spean Bridge... and yes, its technically the second dump. First 'dump' was more of a heavy frost though - this time its REAL SNOW! heh heh...

LOL, ther was some definite snow at Cairngorm earlier in the month but this fall does seem more substantial than the last in the west - good piccies on the Glencoe webcams today I noiced as well as Nevis snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tomkennedy101, good photo - It's normally left to me to report on the snow at Nevis on here - I live 70 mins drive away..... Still got my season ticket form in last week and hoping to get into the 30's days skiing there this season... 17 days last year (due to an injury -lost 2 weeks and going on too many alpine trips) snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow is half way down ben lomond
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thighshocks, where are you?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was half way up Ben Nevis Sunday and had to turn back due to 90mph winds Shocked Shocked Shocked What a wonderful part of the country - fell in love with it
snow report
II, I guess I might try and post photos more often this season. 21 days at nevis last year for me, into 30's is a good aim for this season I reckon! Trips abroad might get in the way of that again though, but can't really start complaining about that can we?! Think thats the end of the coldsnap for now... tomorrow looks super wet and windy - time to take up kayaking or windsurfin!!
snow report
tomkennedy101 wrote:
II, I guess I might try and post photos more often this season.

There's always someone who wants to try and tempt me to use up copious amounts of petrol for sneaky weekends rolling eyes wink

At the moment it looks like I may have to attend a training course in Aviemore during Jan or March, so I guess I'll just have to do some skiing then Very Happy
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:

There's always someone who wants to try and tempt me to use up copious amounts of petrol for sneaky weekends rolling eyes wink

it's back under a quid now, so fill yer boots (tank?), and floor it Very Happy

March could be fantastic in Aviemore / Scotland for a ski - a better punt than january certainly - there's been some epic March skiing the past few years (short-lived perhaps, but fantastic none-the-less)
ski holidays
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_enl_1224855667/html/1.stm
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2000

nearly snow!!
ski holidays
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3077

This looks good
latest report
johnboy, if it materialises you better have the skis on!
latest report
looks fairly wintry right down low at the moment and more forecast..........

snow report
The road upto Cairngorm was closed last time I looked and some of the road cameras were showing some snow falls - eg Drumochter and Slocht on the A9 http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx
ski holidays
Definitely more snow falling on Nevis Range at the mo... have only had a couple of glimpses of the mountain in between showers but they're looking white! Will post some piccies if I get a clear patch in the clouds! Shock
snow conditions
Wind chill was -20c at Cairngorm this morning.

It was 1c air-temp at Glencoe at midday today, with about 5cm at 2800ft.

Not enough yet for sliding.
ski holidays
Going over to Ben Lomond, will be back in a half hour Very Happy

Serious let down.. just some snow on the top, about 8 degrees at the Loch Side.

DSC01282

If you look real close you can see a dusting snowHead
snow conditions
The hills overlooking town have had a dusting this morning. Not enough yet to justify hiking up with my Scarpas & Fritschis but give it another couple of days and I could be doing my first October ski trip from my house Toofy Grin ....

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there may be a lack of snow, but those are lovely pics all the same
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Oh well, if we're doing scenic snaps with hints of snow, here's the view from my temporary office last week:

Back to the old dull car park this week.
latest report
moffatross, that is a fantastic photograph.
snow conditions
brian, What a wonderfull photograph.
snow conditions
Cairngorm looking white today:

Base Station:

Ptarmigan:
latest report
laundryman wrote:
moffatross, that is a fantastic photograph.

Thanks laundryman. Blush Your post count of 19,728 outnumbers Renry's by almost exactly 20X so I'll take it my photo is nicer than Brian's. wink Toofy Grin

Brian, kidding of course. Your picture of the Norwegian Fjord is very nice too. NehNeh
snow conditions
moffatross, brian,

Stunning pics
ski holidays
Nevis and Glencoe webcams just before the light went....
latest report
Very nice. That pic of Nevis takes me back Smile
snow report
Moffatross, that is a fantastic photo.

I was backpacking over Hart Fell in June and was astounded to see the Yorkshire Dales, Cheviots, North Pennines, the Pentlands, Gallow Hills, the Arran ridge Shocked , Ben Lomond and even the Ochils from the summit.
What a viewpoint and what a quiet area of the country.
snow report
Hart Fell is almost a good description of under my duvet most mornings.
ski holidays
There is about 5 - 10cm of freshies this morning in a band across central Scotland from Fort William to Aberdeen.

Not enough to open an October mountain.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy