Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CSIA Course in Andorra Dec 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking about doing the level 1 CSIA in Soldeu, Andorra on 9th December 2008 for a week. For me, it means travelling to Girona airport from Prestwick, Glasgow. It appears that i miss the Novatel bus which only leaves twice a day. So, was wondering if anyone else is having an issue and perhaps meet and share a taxi etc. The more the better...........

Arrive Girona at 17:30 on 8th December and leave Girona 18:00 on 15th December. Course starts 9th-14th December.

Or, if anyone knows of another bus company leaving from Girona to Andorra please let me know.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea about your predicament. However, from my experience of doing a CSCF course with them, can only heartily recommend the Instructor Academy based out of Soldeu.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks SkiSimon, i really want to do this course but just a damn nightmare trying to get there........... Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No doubt you already know this, but if you can get to Toulouse or Barcelona life will be infinitely easier for you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kiltedlad, According to this site http://www.andorrabybus.com/web/index.php the bus doesn't leave till 18.30, but as veeeight says, if you can get to Toulouse or Barca, its a whole lot easier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
freestyleandy, good spot - looks like it should all fall into place if Girona is the only option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veeeight, Off topic, but have you heard anything more on the L3 / ISIA question ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
david@mediacopy, nope, not yet. It's all gone quiet. My take is that all future L3's will not be awarded the ISIA, but this will not be applied to retrospective L3's.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On the whole ISIA/CSIA debate i have been told direct from CSIA no ISIA stamps this season wether you have just passed Level 3 or did it 5 or 6 years ago, so it is retrospective, Canada are blaming the CSIA (i think they got outvoted by the other member countries on the issue).
Its all slightly messy really. the ISIA states you must be able to teach in a second language, i'm not BASI bashing but i don't Know to many BASI ISIA's who can do that, filling in a work book is not the same !. Confused
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rossiboy, I must admit to returning my workbook before the cut-off point - I think BASI are introducing a verbal test from next Month.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Or just submitting the receipts from buying said workbooks, which has ticked the box in the past!

And yes, I did hear about the telephone conversation verbal test!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
david@mediacopy wrote:
Rossiboy, I must admit to returning my workbook before the cut-off point - I think BASI are introducing a verbal test from next Month.

Verbal test already introduced (from 1st October) AIUI.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy