Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

booking late?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey everyone. just wondering if anyone on here books their ski hols late i.e. early jan. i wanted to go to canada this year banff,big white, whistler, fernie but noiced the prices have gone up big time this year and well europe isnt as snow sure as it used to be. so i was thinking of waiting to get a late deal but im a bit nervous that if i wait there wont actually be any decent places to go. if i did wait till the new year would i get my hols cheaper for resosrts in austria (oburgurgl, obetaraun) and canada (fernie,banff,big white,whistler) and would there be decent choice of places to stay from peoples experiences?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shapes, if you do a search you'll find a lot of similar threads. If you book late you (at best) run the risk of not getting exactly what you want. If you don't care, then fine. If you do, well ...you might end up disappointed. There have been a number of factors that influence package prices that suggest it's going to be more expensive to buy package holidays this year - £/€ fx rate, failing alirlines, et al.

And Europe is as snow sure as it used to be (presuming "used to be" = living memory, not geological time scales).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shapes, a lot depends on when, and where, you want to ski. How flexible are you?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w,
Quote:

shapes................How flexible are you?

Judging from the name........very.
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It depends.

If you leave it late (i.e. booking within 2 weeks of departure) you could get a very good deal OR you might not get a holiday (or you won't get a holiday in a resort you want to go to). The more flexible you are about destination, type of accomodation and when you go then the later you can risk leaving it.
The larger the group the tougher it is to get a last minute deal (if you all want to be in the same accommodation).

When I've done last minute deals it's usually been to the larger French resorts so I can't comment on the Austrian ski resorts in this context. However my guess is that in Austria the tour operators use hotels (rather than their own chalets) and they might pass unbooked rooms back to the hotels rather than offer deals (this is speculation on my part) and so last minute deals are less likely.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
flexibilty wise id say anywhere from 16th jan onwards but i would like to go either canada austria or poss lapland just because they arent as crowded as say france or switzerland
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rich.ll wrote:

When I've done last minute deals it's usually been to the larger French resorts so I can't comment on the Austrian ski resorts in this context. However my guess is that in Austria the tour operators use hotels (rather than their own chalets) and they might pass unbooked rooms back to the hotels rather than offer deals (this is speculation on my part) and so last minute deals are less likely.

I haven't really done very last minute deals, but each of the last two seasons I have booked for Austria 6-8 weeks before traveling, and got a discount of over £200 on the brochure price (the first being slightly less than half price).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shapes wrote:
flexibilty wise id say anywhere from 16th jan onwards but i would like to go either canada austria or poss lapland just because they arent as crowded as say france or switzerland

Is anywhere crowded in that week?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy