Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

We wish you a white and very happy Christmas!

Poster: A snowHead
Merry Christmas to all snowHeads from all snowHeads! If you're out in the snow today, wherever you are in the world, fish out your digital camera and send a Christmas Day photo for everyone to enjoy!
Email instructions are in this snowHeads thread and we'll post the images on to the site.
If you prefer, or it's not snowing in your neck of the woods, just point us in the direction of a snowy Christmas webcam image like this one.
Or, if you're in the snow, but the photography is a problem, just give us a little snow report.
[Photo: a white Christmas from the black lake. The Matterhorn - seen from the Schwarzsee. Webcam image. For a larger image click here.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith, if it stops raining I'll go out and take one from Kuwait for you. Right now it's horrible outside and I'm heading for a Xmas in front of the telly with some home-made Jack Daniels to give a warming effect if it doesn't stop.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some snow falling in Chester but not settling, cold, wet and windy! Will get the camera out and see what I can do...

Happy Christmas! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cold, but no snow in Bucks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No snow here on the South Coast
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lovely sunny day here in Teddington, but no snow. Hopefully there will be tomorrow, as we are off to La Tania. Merry Christmas.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
John Scott, We are off to La Tania on Monday. If you want to meet up with other snowheads there see my thread in Trips
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1-3cm here in Coleraine on the North Coast of Ireland. Intermittent Snow Showers. I am told there is a good 10 cm some 20 miles inland. Going to investigate later at mother-in-laws!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A small amount of snow in Sheffield. Am about to try and make it across Snake Pass......if I'm not back in 5 days - please send out a search party wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
London remains green, even at high altitude.
Best grass on upper slopes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There's been the slightest snow flurry this morning, but I see no snow on the western slopes of Lincoln cathedral.

Happy Christmas, everybody snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 25-12-04 14:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Emailing a few shots now - no snow here of course.
Edit - ~ 2:30 UK time. One registered snowHead on line (me) + 21 guests !!!!!! Googlebots don't eat Christmas lunch obviously. Bon Appetit to the rest of you. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A proper dusting of snow on the Welsh borders above Wrexham - no photos I'm afraid since it is "on the horizon". Snow / sleet / cold wet stuff continuing to fall.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kuwait_ian's, pictures - here
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Happy Chrismas Snowheads, no snow in the North East, just a lovley sunny day.
I have my new digital camera at the ready though just incase, off for my christrmas pud now. snowHead
snow report
Well Lorraine's sent a picture in from the Cheviots. I assume it was taken today. 5th picture here

[EDIT: I think Lorraine's cheated, I've found the same picture from her on my website dated 29/02/04]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 25-12-04 22:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Dusting of snow here in Richmond, North Yorkshire but it looks as though the North Pennines and Lake District have missed out completely today, although they did get some heavy falls yesterday.

As the showers move round to the north as they have today we tend to become too sheltered by the Southern Uplands. Looks as though North Wales has had some though.

We will be going up to Raise tomorrow for our traditional Boxing day Gluhwein party and will take our skis, but it may well not be as good as last Tuesday.

Such a shame that Wednesday was so mild and wiped out the good cover we had. If we do get any skiing in I'll submit a report.

Merry Christmas to everyone, wherever you are.
latest report
Pete Horn wrote:
Well Lorraine's sent a picture in from the Cheviots. I assume it was taken today. 5th picture here

[EDIT: I think Lorraine's cheated, I've found the same picture from her on my website dated 29/02/04]

Embarassed I did! - camera stuff packed for tomorrows trip - BUT there IS snow on the cheviots and it is snowing again right now. So photo's are valid honest snowHead
ski holidays
A proper white Christmas here at my mothers in Cheshire, the first one that I can remember. No pictures I'm afraid, I forgot to bring my digital camera.
snow report
OK, 2 more of Lorraine's uploaded - same place.
ski holidays
Here's someone who made his own white Christmas: 16-year-old Chris Shumeyko of New York State, who's put together a home-made snowgun!
This report from Press & Sun-Bulletin.
Now, I reckon if someone in the UK did that, they'd have every newspaper in the country in their back garden. Great idea!
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, link not working now. Tried looking in archives for Chris Shumeyko but couldn't find the story.
Happy Boxing Day, snowHeads. I'm back at work. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Back on the White Christmas theme, here's an article on where it did snow and the hit that the Bookmakers are taking from the Sunday Times
ski holidays
The Scottish ski season is getting off the ground, with a few more lifts cranked into action at Nevis Range, Cairngorm, The Lecht and Glenshee. Glencoe say they're opening at New Year.
Cairngorm looks pretty snowy up on the Ptarmigan Bowl live webcam, but little cover at the base of the mountain - live webcam.
snow conditions
Link to the photos has changed itself. Try this.
Otherwise go to http://www.skicardiff.com/photos/default.asp , click on 'A snowheads Gallery' then 'Christmas snowheads' then 'snowHeads in the snow?'.
snow report
I've put a picture up, taken from our front door in Chester last night.
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, Where? I've discovered jonpim in a snowheads shirt - but I suspect that's not the view Very Happy
snow report
Here it is The White Christmas gallery is fronted by kuwait_ian, clearly sitting in the bright Kuwaiti sun!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian Hopkinson, Ah, thanks, Ian. Looks as though anyone with langlauf skis may have haad some fun round Chester.
ski holidays
Snowbird wrote:
Happy Chrismas Snowheads, no snow in the North East, just a lovley sunny day.
snowHead
Sorry Snowbird,we were in Consett on Christmas Day, and there was snow, even if it wasn't enough to mak a snowball.
ski holidays
It snowed nicely in the south Pennines, I'll mail some shots in the morning. snowHead
ski holidays
On the far side of the world, up on Mount Ruapehu (New Zealand north island), Christmas snow has been unusually good on the southern hemisphere's only summer ski area I'm aware of. And it's been open for only the second time in the past 10 years.
This report from The New Zealand Herald.
snow report
We now have Marc's shots and some from Susan in Whistler - thanks both and welcome to snowHeads Susan snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy