Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budget Ski-wear-Aldi update

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For anyone still looking for 'budget' ski wear items;the Aldi sale starts 30th Dec.It features:

Ladies & Mens Ski Suits(Jackets&Trousers) @ £39.99 per set (in S/M/L/XL)

Micro fleeces @ £5.99 ea

Thinsulate Gloves @ £4.99 pair

Goggles @ £8.99 Sunglasses @ £2.99 Socks @ £1.99 pair

Thermal Undies @ £7.99 set.

Most will know that stock(store to store)is highly variable;so check first.

This gear may not be the finest on the planet;but it ain't bad.At these prices they are ideal 'spare' pairs.Kid's wear will also be featured,but no details on flyer.

And for the more fashion conscious among you,all the clothing colour co-ordinates across the range,even the socks snowHead

Happy Christmas to you all Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having kitted out my kids last year and bought loads of accessories for us as well (socks, thermals, tops), I can highly recommend Aldi gear. It is made by Crane Sports in Germany. Don't be put off because it seems to low priced - the quality is excellent.

One thing - I looked at their website (http://uk.aldi.com) and couldn't see any mention of kids clothing. How do you know they will be selling kids stuff next week ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kendadj-welcome to snowHeads.The above is spot on;the quality is excellent for the price.

The kids thing comes from the fact its printed on the bottom of the 30th Dec flyer(but as I said no details) Quote............

"Snowboarding and kid's skiwear on sale next week....".Now,I've no way of knowing if its specific to my area(West Midlands)so would suggest you check your local store.Happy bargain hunting snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks - we'll take a look anyway just to top up ready for our March trip. I'll get some socks at least - if they are as good as the kids ones last year then you can't go wrong. Also going to get some of the winter boots - ideal for in-resort/walking in the snow (again if as good as the kids last year etc).

I remember reading a comment on the old Ski Club Forum last year that said if the kit had Helly Hansen or similar labels on it then there would be queues down the street.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

if the kit had Helly Hansen or similar labels on it then there would be queues down the street.

Got that right!! Worst jacket I ever bought was a Columbia-overpriced waterproof IMO Mad At least it was until the stitching came undone;and the retailer refused to exchange it.Apparently,I had used it for a purpose for which it was not designed ie skiing Shocked The only satisfaction I had was giving them a right earful-in front of a shop full of customers.I wasn't the only one to walk out in disgust snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Talking of budget ski wear, I bought my wife, for Christmas, one of admin's Keela jackets. Now, she'll never ski, so it won't get the hammer a backcountry skier would give it. But I am impressed. Breathable fabric, and just about every thing you would want in a jacket - zipped pockets, large under arm zips for ventilation on warm days, map pocket, snow flap, wired hood. And the hood stows away neatly under a simple flap with a popper stud - much better when you suddenly need the hood than pocket-like hood stowage, when getting the hood out can be a nightmare if you do it on your own.

About the only thing it doesn't have is zips for zipping in a fleece jacket - but I have never been convinced that is worthwhile. More expensive than Aldi's sale, but still incredible value. I'll drop something like this in as a report later.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to Aldi in Castlefield yesterday (afer a trip to Xscape). Bought myself a new ski suit (jacket and pants) for £39.99 after my wife said it was time to ditch my 20 year old Nevica jacket (I loved that jacket!).

Excellent quality - loads of pockets, good tags on the zips, extra bit on the bottom of the jacket to keep the snow out and well fitting trousers with salopette braces. There was even a pocket on the jacket containing a glasses wiping cloth on a stretchy plastic line !

Also bought some socks, a pair of winter boots for Mrs K and sunglasses.

There is kids stuff in next week (Thurs 6th) with suits from £9.99 - check them out, you will be surprised. They will everything including tops, socks, hats, gloves, etc etc. Plus there will also be adult snowboarding gear. See the website http://uk.aldi.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I called in to our local Aldi for the first time ever on my way home last night as I needed a neoprene Knee brace and was amazed at the quality of the gear they had on offer at the price. I bought a pair of gloves which are breatheable fabrics and well-designed with decent snow cuffs for £4.99. Good value at twice the price. The ski suits looked good at £39.99 for a well-designed jacket and trousers. You probably take pot luck on sizes, but any newbies looking for starter gear don't miss it.

The knee brace cost me £3.49 by the way and is just fine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy