Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

are all ski jackets from Japan fakes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
there are quite a few "name" ski jackets on EBAY that are being sold from Japan & China.

Are these all fakes as i suspect they are?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep probably all counterfeit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, they really are all genuinely ski jackets. wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
oh good, that's great news, i'll have 4 dozen Laughing

i don't know how ebay let thewm get away with it, they must know & they do have a policy of chucking off fakes & copies. I tried to sell a watch for my son on ebay - it was a copy of a known make, & i said exactly that in the description, didn't try to fool anyone & priced it accordingly, but EBAY still chucked it off..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
riverwhy, the difference being that you openly admited that your fake was a fake, I think even doing so doesn't make it legal to actually sell it, on the other hand untill someone actually makes a complaint about these ski jackets ebay are not going to do anything
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How many snowHead s know that it is illegal to knowingly bring counterfeit goods into the UK?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But then theres fake and then theres cabbage . . . my dad worked in the textile industry for years co-ordinating the manufacturing for several designers high street labels (Ralph Lauren Polo and the like). He used to find that although they would supply the manufacturers with exactly the right amount of materials for the order the pattern cutters would cut the patterns tighter/tessilate them differently in order to get more garments out for the fabric, these extra garments, made at the same time using the same materials as the real stuff would then make their way onto the counterfeit market . . . known in the industry as cabbage apparently . . . so i guess some fakes out there are copies and then there are some that will be identical to the genuine article . . .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snobunni, Cabbage, hmmm, perhaps thats where the saying "its all gravy" comes from too? Puzzled
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few years ago a woman buying a counterfeit something or other (a handbag, I think) in a very big Italian market just over from the French border was fined an astronomical amount - something like 25K euro. I had been at the same market a few weeks previously (looking, not buying) and my husband had been bemused by my telling him the handbags were fakes. "What do you mean, " he said "they look like real handbags to me". Hence my reply above. wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="riverwhy"]oh good, that's great news, i'll have 4 dozen Laughing

i don't know how ebay let thewm get away with it,

Because they take 10% of the price as a fee, then associated company PayPal then take another 3% or so, that's why and they aren't doing anything illegal.

If something sounds to good to be true like a branded pair of Goretex XCR ski pant's for £30, you can bet they are fakes, get yourself down to TK Maxx and have a root. OK your'e not going to find a Spyder jacket there, but what you do find will be genuine and VFM.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy