Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Remounting skis with Dynafits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm considering pulling NX21s off my touring rig and replacing them with dynafit verticals.

This is for two reasons - the NX21s are heavy and I'm chasing marathon runners around Obergurgl this winter and they also have an unseemly amount of slop in the toe which makes it hard to find an edge on firm snow. I can rotate the toe through 5 or so degrees before any movement is transmitted to the ski.

Aside from the cost the only thing staying my hand is the effect on performance. I'm not worried about the durability of the ski but more how far I'm going to mount the dynafits back in order to avoid a hole conflict. Anyone done this? Any pointers?

Cheers folks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think you'll have any trouble. The heel screws on the NX21 are quite far back and the toe, IIRC forward. I think you'll be able to drop the Dynafits straight on the ski where you want them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
durability unlikely to be an issue if it's only the second mount. as parlor says, the hole pattern for dynafits is quite different from other bindings so highly unlikely to be a problem
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers, that's much better news than I was expecting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Admit it. You were hoping we were going to tell you you'll need new skis!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
YOU NEED NEW SKIS.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
New skis are arriving (Lhasa Pow) but they're getting Dukes. I really don't need any more kit after that.

One month more in this fecking office.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gorilla wrote:
(Lhasa Pow)

nice!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We don't get enough fat ski stoke here, impressive. Make sure you send a review our way when you get a ski on them. Are you getting the carbon lay ups or the standard beasts?

I'm going Moment M1's w/Dukes, just got to sack it up and go for it!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went with the carbon option. I'm beginning to wonder whether I've bitten off more than I can chew. We'll see.

I hadn't run across the M1 before. Sounds like a fairly hefty piece of kit.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gorilla, You will be fine, just point 'em down and go for it Toofy Grin

Yeh if I truly did want Heft I would have gone for the Garbones.. too much ski though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy