Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pierre & Vacances Appartments in Val Thorens ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone experienced of the following Pierre & Vacances appartment blocks in Val Thorens?

Maeva Tourotel
Les Temples du Soleil
Le Tikal
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed in Le Tikal last year, we all thought the apartments were fine, clean and seemed more spacious than some of the other cheaper options advertised.

Is there anything specific you'd like to know?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scottland, Can you expand a little on your Tikal experience?
What size \ type of appartment did you have and how many stayed in it?
Do they have any facilities within the building?
Nearest shops?
Distance from the sport complex?
Ease of getting to Rond Point ski school meeting place?
Is it practical to ski away from or back to?

If been to VT several times. Stayed at L'Oxalys at the EoSB. To get to Rond Point, id have either walk uphill, or take a lift and ski back down. Not really a problem for me but there may be a couple of kids (aged 6 and 9)who wouldnt find the trek too much fun. Thanks.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 19-10-08 23:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose rather than just these two appartment blocks what is being looked for is accommodation in VT that would permit easy and quick access to the ski school meeting point without too much of an uphill slog, and ideally a downhill ski to get there
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier, We stayed in the Les Temples du soleil about five years ago great location for skiing. Ski in ski out no problem and not bad for restaurants and night life. but as for size they are having a laugh three of us in an apartment for eight and we still struggled. There idea of a bedroom that you and I would put one bed in had no window bunk beds overlapping
at different heights sleeps four plus the living room-kitchen sleeps another four
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clive5, Thanks for this info. I thought they may try and squeeze beds in like that. We hope not to get caught out in that way by allowing for that. I've been to VT a few times but usually stayed in hotels, (except for the 2008 EoSB), so appartments are a new experience. One view I had was on Courchevel, they were a disgrace. One room, dated, worn out , and their idea of a 'cooker', ive seen better camping stoves! That's why i'm hoping to have a snowheads recommendation for somewhere to stay. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMF_Skier, P&V seem to be aware of the problem - the Tikal was refurbished a few years ago and they drastically reduced the number of beds and apartments, so giving more space. I've not stayed there but I believe it's supposed to be their 'premium' property in VT.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair, Thank you again for this info
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've stayed in Les Temples du Soleil, mainly when I was at Uni and we went skiing on the 'cheap'. As someone has said the apartments are pretty small and some beds are in the living rooms. The cooker isn’t that great so be warned

There is a supermarket, ski shop and bar within the complex which is handy, they have their own garage as well if you’re driving.

Very much ski in ski out, even in November. The Temples du Soleil is at the bottom of the resort so if you want to head up to the top where some of the decent bars are it can be a bit of a trek, especially when it’s -10 outside.

Basically, I would recommend it if you’re on a tight budget with a close group of friends who are more interested in skiing and going out then spending time in the accommodation.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've booked the Res.Olympiades Very Happy rather than the P&V appartments listed above. Easter 2009, it cannot come soon enough !! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BMF_Skier wrote:
Scottland, Can you expand a little on your Tikal experience?
What size \ type of appartment did you have and how many stayed in it?
Do they have any facilities within the building?
Nearest shops?
Distance from the sport complex?
Ease of getting to Rond Point ski school meeting place?
Is it practical to ski away from or back to?

If been to VT several times. Stayed at L'Oxalys at the EoSB. To get to Rond Point, id have either walk uphill, or take a lift and ski back down. Not really a problem for me but there may be a couple of kids (aged 6 and 9)who wouldnt find the trek too much fun. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying, had computer issues Very Happy

We stayed in an apartment for 4, 2 beds/pullouts in the lounge and 2 single beds in the bedroom.
The bedroom was a little lacking in space, mainly floor space. So leaving your suitcase packed meant you had to walk over it lol Smile
The lounge, bathroom and kitchenette were fine though, enough room and also clean and tidy. Kitchen had oven, dishwasher, hob, kettle, filter coffee machine, sink etc. There was also a small safe in the cupboard in the lounge. TV is french only if that's an issue...

There are no facilities in Le Tikal per se, but directly opposite the apartments is another P&V hotel with restaurant, supermarket and a club called 'Moo Bar'. This can get a bit noisey until around 2am, we didn't find it an issue as we were round the side rather than directly opposite.
You can also get to the facilities opposite via an underground tunnel.

What do you mean by sport complex? The small leisure centre in the middle of town is a good 5-10 minute walk as it's on the opposite side of town. The street Le Tikal was on has numerous shops including rental/ski shops, restaurants and takeaways as well as a few others.

We didn't use the Ski School, from the map I can see where the metting place is and it looks like it's a walk up the street Rue Du Soleil to get there. If you go here:
http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/interactive-guide.111.html and click on download guide, there is a map of the town, Le Tikal is in C3 (number 45).

In terms of ski in/out, you can get the lift upto the 6th floor and ski out in 2 directions. 1 direction takes you near to the bunny slope for learners (although you have to cross the street, if there's snow on the ground this is fine). The other direction takes you downhill to the 2 lacs lift.

Edit:
I've just seen you've already booked, ah well have fun snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy