Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carte/Carré neige season insurance?

Poster: A snowHead
Am I right that if you buy this with your ski pass in one area it covers you for any other french resorts you might ski in?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Annie, yes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I believe that Carre Neige does indeed cover you for any French resort. Isn't Carte Neige the version you buy with your ski pass for wherever you happen to be skiing at that particular time? I think this might have been covered a few months ago.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, Thanks - that's another 100 and something euros in the wine fund snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, are you absolutely sure about that? Carte Neige is valid everywhere, but the insurance you buy with a pass isn't the same thing, even with a season pass - I think it may only be valid when using the pass with which it was bought.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Annie, if you use the search facility there are quite a few threads on it
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, fair point, the key word for me was "Season" Insurance. I dont know if you can even get Carre Neige with a season pass, or why you would want to.

to be clear the carte neige is seperate from your pass and is an annual policy and covers you in all french resorts (and i think european as well)

carre neige is a daily insurance you buy at the same time as your pass.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, in 2Alpes at any rate there is an insurance which you can buy with the season pass, because Mr L got it last season (was a bit cheaper than Carte Neige). It lasted only for the duration of the pass, and I don't know if it was valid in other ski areas or not - I would imagine not.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, apologies, you are correct. Carte Neige is indeed for the season/annual whilst Carre Neige more typically associated with a day/week arrangement.

However after some research regarding Carte Neige the last time this came up, I couldn't find any reference to it being valid in Austria for example, so careful consideration/further research would be needed for the rest of Europe IMO.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur, Boredsurfing, You ain't wrong. but with nearly 400 listings and a reasonable skim through them I couldn't decipher whether it did cover you in other resorts if bought with a season pass or not.....

I need to buy two two lots of season passes soon (if I'm going to get the early bird discount) unless les Houches sling their lot in with St Gervais pretty smartish (flying pigs anyone?) and can buy with or without carte neige - actually they call it something different on the Les Houches pass, but then they would -and maybe it is! We're already insured up to eyeballs at eye watering cost with BMC (tried all the others but can't get the cover we need) but having used it twice last year, value the get you off the mountain, no questions asked that comes with 'whatever neige ' That doesn't mean I want to pay for it more times than I have to.

....maybe I'll hang fire on that wine spree and give the tourist office a bell in the morning for absolute(?) clarification.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Annie, I think, this may be clearer, but is quite an old thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9148&highlight=carte+neige
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, it's valid worldwide. http://www.ffs.fr/site/carteneige/index.php?rub=ass
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
not to go off topic but i got sledged off last year and carte neige was brilliant with the pisteures being delighted a non frenchie had "their" insurance and were really helpful.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Annie, given that you've already forked out a fortune to the BMC and don't actually need any more insurance, I'd go with whatever's cheap.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, Shocked well I specifically asked that question of not only an English-speaking, resort-based Austrian, but their tourist info service also.....thanks anyway.
latest report
When we buy a season pass here we have to get the Carte Neige completely separately - it's from the "club de ski" not the lift pass office. That does cover you in other countries (though I was told it was other European countries) but not in exactly the same way (eg you pay upfront for the helicopter, then have to claim back).

If some resorts sell something packaged with a ski pass, maybe it's not the same thing? In which case the best bet might be to buy the pass without insurance and buy Carte Neige separately - you can probably do it on the internet, and it's not very expensive.
snow conditions
Chasseur, I'm not hugely surprised that Austrians don't know much about French ski insurance.

I could ask why you, an English chappie resident in the UK, are proposing to buy French insurance in order to ski in Austria. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, yes that does seem a little strange....OK I'll engage the brain this time. What I in fact asked was whether Austria had it's own, or recognised anyone else's version of Carre/Carte Neige! The response was probably similar to yours.... Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy