Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Ski + Board Show 08

Poster: A snowHead
It's at the NEC this year 31/10 - 2/11.

I have a voucher for one free entry and one half price entry. I'm not going so if anybody wants the voucher then pm me their address and I'll post it out.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will spyderjon be at the NEC and if so will he be giving demos of ski maintenance? A work colleague is thinking of going to the NEC show and I have been singing Jon's praises Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halfhand, Still got the voucher?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Will spyderjon be at the NEC

Yes he will(so he tells me)on a stand with our very own CEM Very Happy No doubt he will confirm when he spots this wink

BTW,anyone know of any ticket offers/discounts etc? And don't forget,when working out the cost,its £8 per car to park at the NEC....and bring yer own sarnies,the foods dire Going green
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
looking for tickets ... www.globalsnowshows.co.uk £5.00 on friday £4.00 if you book in advance

anyone going????
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Guvnor, Yes. pm an address and I'll send if you want it. I won't even charge postage wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
so nobody is going Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, Yes I'll be going, and I believe I get free admission with my SCGB membership. Will you and Spyderjon be on the FallLine stand as you were last year?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink, next door to the fall line stand...this year we have our own stand Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowHeads itself will have a preesence there this year too.
Members of snowHeads (that's you lot) will have access to the Clubs' Lounge, reserved for members of ski clubs and we will have a small stand as a point of contact.

Various members of the Piste Patrol have offered to be on hand to help keep the stand manned but naturally, snowHeads is only as fun as the people who are here so anyone who fancies hanging out, building the party and helping bring enlightenment to poor unfortunates who don't yet comprehend the 'true joy of being a snowHead' will be most welcome.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unfortunately the weekend is already taken up most notably with the Bill Nelson fan convention, Nelsonica 08, taking place in York on 1st. The hangover is likely to be too severe to make it to Birmingham on the Sunday.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well I hope the Brum show is good as the London show Very Happy Had a great time today, thanks to the snowhead exhibitors who provided free beers Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, Is there any strange ritual or handshake we need.... to show we are,indeed,one of the 'enlightened' Toofy Grin or do we,in the time honoured tradition of snowHead land.....blag it wink

Come on you lot.I know B'ham aint the most credible location for a snow show(where is in the UK?)but its central,plenty of car parking and you get to drool over all the kit you can afford.....but cant handle Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowskisnow wrote:
admin, Is there any strange ritual or handshake we need.... to show we are,indeed,one of the 'enlightened' Toofy Grin or do we,in the time honoured tradition of snowHead land.....blag it wink

:

You mean you don't know the secret Snowheads' password? wink

I believe it originated at East Midlands Airport at one of the first bashes, and goes along the lines of:
"Excuse me, are you Frosty The Snowman?" Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have already booked up to go on Friday 31st October.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
"Excuse me, are you Frosty The Snowman?" Toofy Grin

Have a care sir,we are on a public forum Shocked Surely that phrase is for entry to the inner sanctum?
Us commoners usually resort to the generic 'any freebies'? wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, I had a look at the SCGB offer too as I'm also a member, but as I understood it, you can't prebook your ticket and get the SCGB discount/free ticket, you have to go to the desk on the day to get the free ticket (this may be wrong mind you, as I say this is how I understood it Laughing ). Anyway, I just booked online and paid in the end as it was £4 or something like that on the Friday as I heard last year sold out of tickets and I didn't want to risk driving up there for an hour and a half only to not get in on the day. If I'm wrong and I could have prebooked my free ticket after all then £4 isn't a lot to have lost in the grand scheme of things I figured.
latest report
Laughing Laughing A legend in his own lunchbox... wink
snow conditions
So, who's going on Friday then? Apart from me, that is....
latest report
Guvnor, me. What time you planning on getting there?
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, Dunno - probably be there by midday at the latest....depends if I have to drag the wife along as well Toofy Grin
snow report
I'm booked in for the Friday, so might see some of you there.
latest report
Guvnor, what jumper/coat will you be wearing and I'll look out for you Laughing
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5, I shall have a red rose in my lapel, and be carrying a rolled up copy of theTimes under my right arm wink
snow report
Guvnor, ok. Laughing
snow conditions
Who's going there on Saturday Puzzled
latest report
rich.ll, I should be there on Sat.
snow report
rich.ll, Maybe if I have recovered from my little skiing trip to Tignes Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Linds, are you going to Tignes this week? Me too snowHead
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, Fancy that eh! Laughing snowHead
latest report
shut up you two wink
latest report
Elizabeth B wrote:
rich.ll, I should be there on Sat.

I'll be there on Saturday also.
snow report
We've got a stand at the NEC at the weekend so please come and say hello snowHead
snow report
Guvnor,
Quote:

VolklAttivaS5, Dunno - probably be there by midday at the latest
Better wait till the postman's been. Voucher in the post wink
ski holidays
We booked our tickets from off the natives site for the friday for £3 each which isn't bad-we are going mainly this time for just a wander round and maybe see if there are any tour op offers on for xmas week
snow report
There's a small enclave of contributors near (and manning) the Talk Theatre - Spyderjon, CEM and us lot, so feel free to comment. CEM wants us to bring the fridge...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy