Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

binding widths

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i'm contemplating getting a pair of marker jester/griffon bindings to go on some new skis.

marker makes the point that the royal family of bindings perform better for fatter skis due to them being wider than traditional "racing" bindings and the only binding designed for skis > 76mm in width.

do you think this will have any noticeable impact on performance? is the mounting pattern of the bindings any wider than their competitors?

anyone any thoughts??

cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
reality wrote:
do you think this will have any noticeable impact on performance? is the mounting pattern of the bindings any wider than their competitors?

not really versus other good quality bindings; yes - that's the whole point isn't it?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
not really versus other good quality bindings; yes - that's the whole point isn't it?

fair enough....main reason i asked is that i had a quick poke around in s&r earlier today and my unscientific estimation of the mounting of the griffon looked no wider than on any of the other bindings that were there - a couple of other pairs of markers and salomon z12s.

just made me wonder if other bindings had equally wide mounting points, they just hadn't marketed it as well! Very Happy

logically i'd think that the wider the mounting points, the better the transmission of power to the edges of the ski, especially as skis get wider...how much you'd notice this though.... Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
reality, there seems to be a bit of conflation of the concepts of "mounting pattern width" and "binding width" in the marketing; they are not the same.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, i appreciate that the two concepts are not the same. are you saying the mounting points of the bindings are about the same as other equivalent bindings?

from what i saw, the bindings were much of a muchness in size and the screws holding the binding in place looked to be about the same distance apart, hence my curiosity. no exact measurements were taken other than from fingertip to knuckle, so it could be way off! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy