Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
On a Murren note. One of the runs down to Murren called the Palace Run is under construction bigtime .This is required due to heavy rain which has destroyed part of the run back to the resort. If anyone knows this run its the sharp bend just before you start to view Murren.. They are hoping it will be open in time for the winter season ...fingers x

I have pictures back dont have any web storage...Murren looks so different in the summer !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes, D G Orf might appreciate the photos for his site on the Jungfrau region. See in his profile for site url and in there is an email address.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ian but i have load of my winter pictures already on his site but thanks for the idea..Unless David wants to do a summer one aswell..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kuwait_ian, Chris already has my address, in fact all of the Murren pics on my site are his Laughing and are credited as such Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooops - sorry guys. Should read the small print. Thanks to you both - it's a great site.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes, at some point (when I have a few weeks to spare) I intend to completely redo my website, it will then give a lot more information and hopefully cover both summer and winter activities for the whole area, mind you you could email me the pic of the construction as I'd like to see it snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David

I've sent you a movie clip instead as you cant see the damage so much looking at the still pictures
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Chris, that damage isn't too bad, no problems getting the track repaired for next season
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope so but friends in the village say that the engineering work is a lenghty one because they have no support around the edge.The old support was of course concrete with nets attached to it for the winter but when the rains came it took that,trees,mud etc down the valley.

I hope it sorted for the winter season..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris don't worry, if they can build an entire cablecar station in 4 months including sinking a 6oft deep pit for the counterweight then they can repair a collapsed road in a similar time,

Seriously though I've been very impressed with the Swiss capacity to do major civil engineering projects over the years, many of which come in on time and on budget, it's a shame we seem incapable of doing so in our own country
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very true on both points
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes wrote:
Very true on both points

Only it's not true at all, the record in Switzerland may be better than the UK but there again so's the Greek record. The tunnel repairs on the autoroutes are taking a lot longer than scheduled and are over budget as is the new autoroute round the Neuchatel lake to name but two within a few km of where I'm sitting.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I guess compared to the UK almost anywhere does better when it comes to projects of that nature, as for Switzerland well ise is there so I would have to say he knows better, still looking at what the swiss have managed in terms of road and rail construction in difficult locations I cannot say I'm not impressed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Look at Jungfraujoch...thats an amazing piece of engineering !!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, or for that matter any of the high snowHead mountain top cable or railway stations
snow report
The autoroutes, to be fair, probably caught them by surprise, I guess they didn't expect to be doing the tunnel work prior to the Mt Blanc incident and others. I imagine that would have disrupted te schedules a bit.

What on earth is going on with the road in our village is another story entirely though, it seemed perfectly fine until they started messing around with it Very Happy Possibly related to the damage from the high temperatures last year.
snow report
ise, I notice that they have also been busy working on new high speed rail links, they certainly seem to spend less time doing those than we do in the UK, here all we do is talk about feasability studies until everyone forgets what the actual route was that they were supposed to be discussing Confused
ski holidays
Would you believe that there is a golf tournament being run on the Lauberhorn Race track at the moment ? no neither do I but apparently it really is, something to do with the races 75th aniverssary Shocked
ski holidays
Winter season....please please hurry up
latest report
Quote:

Winter season....please please hurry up

Seconded Cool
snow conditions
Thirded!!!!
ski holidays
Would anybody mind if I booked a good consistant snowfall over the Bernese Oberland for every Friday night from the End of October till The end of March ?
latest report
and of course, temperatures to go with it...... I dont mind if no one else does
latest report
Go on then....if you must Wink
snow report
Right then I've had words and it's booked, but apparently there may be the odd early or late fall because it's very difficult to control cloud placement Wink
snow report
Can't have everything a !
latest report
I know im sad BUT the temps are dropping in the region and snow is forecast with the freezing level going down to 1700m. No doubt the temps will go back up but the way i feel i will grab onto anything if it shows me the winter season is just around the corner...
latest report
Chris Brookes, you are not sad, you're enthusiastic, which makes a true snowhead in my book! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Right then I've had words and it's booked, but apparently there may be the odd early or late fall because it's very difficult to control cloud placement

See Chris I told you I'd had words Little Angel
latest report
What a lovely picture (same picture but different cow,of course each year) on www.wengen.com/news showing the cows coming down from the mountain pastures..... Winter is coming !!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 25-09-04 15:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
A light dusting of snow from about 1700 M up last night is visable this morning, don't expect it to last though Sad

Anyway here's a live pick from kline schidegg

snow report
Quick...someone get me a flight Wink
ski holidays
Hmm the camera is currently not updating from Kline Schidegg so how about one from the top of Piz Gloria

Specially for Chris Little Angel
ski holidays
Very thoughtful David.
latest report
The kleine scheidegg one is different to yesterday...so it's doing something Wink
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, yes the cameras normally update every minute or so, but the Kline Schidegg one has not updated since last night which is why it's dark Shocked The schilthorn one has a clock displayed at the bottom of the picture so you can see what time the picture was taken (European time of course ) Little Angel The kline schidegg one has a clock as well at the top but it's so small you can't read it easily, at the moment it seems to be stuck at 2.08 am
snow report
D G Orf, I understand!!
snow report
Sadly the snow is already starting to melt Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
But in a strange way thats good as its too early
ski holidays
Hopefully we should see it starting to build up from November onwards Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy