Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bye bye, ThomsonFly....from Coventry at least

Poster: A snowHead
Well, the powers of debate and democracy have nailed that one then....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7672139.stm

Have only used the services once for the winter, but have taken several flights in the summer.....will just have to travel all the way to Birmingham now rolling eyes

thread title edited, so as not to cause panic snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 16-10-08 11:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From your title I thought another budget operator had gone under
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, and me
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Coventry's a God-awful airport anyway. Used it once, never again. It doesn't have terminal buildings - they're sheds!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hyweljenkins, Can't argue with that - but it was very convenient for me, and I could check in my bags, and then go to my Sisters, literally next door to the airport, and wait for departure Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing wrote:
From your title I thought another budget operator had gone under

So did I! Thought I would be having to rearrange all our winter flights this season...

D
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyweljenkins, everyone to there own... we personally loved the shed that was coventry no queues no hassel just a cheap easy gate way to austrian skiing that has now gone.spare a thought for those who were all booked an organised and now either have to cancel or face an expensive treck to either manchester or bournmouth!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tgd, I'm sure the cessation of the flights will result in utter misery for those who have to get to Manchester or Bournemouth. Boo hoo.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tgd, Couldn't agree more, It was perfect (for quick and easy access to Salzburg)....early morning flights on the Fri and late returns on Sunday made it excellent for cheeky weekends away. I hope the few nimbys who caused this now have to put up with an increase in older, noiser frieght traffic as a result. rant over.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I live a 2 mi8nute drive from the airport, and in all honesty, didnt notice any increase in noise etc when ThomsonFly moved in! Infact, it was great having it so close!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hyweljenkins, I hope none of your well made plans fall through at the last moment or waste your hard earned cash through no fault of your own.Reap what you sow.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So that might explain why the flight I was booking from Manchester to Salzburg has just gone up £70 overnight Sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yes everyone that has booked already has been given the option of now flying from manchester doncaster or bournmouth
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Coventry isn't a great airport but I don't judge my skiing holiday on the quality of airports I fly from. I like airports that are close to home, quick check in and flights that are on time. I also like to fly out early and home late and Coventry and Thomsonfly fitted all of my requirements. I was booked on a Thomsonfly flight to Salzburg on 6th March for a trip to Ischgl but that has now been cancelled. I'll get my money back, already filled in the form - £ 140. Tasked by the lads last night to find an alternative. Got alternatives at similar price but much less convenient in terms of travelling time. Found a scheduled flight with Lufthansa to Munich for the same dates, at similar times, from Birmingham where I live for £93. I booked this morning and as of this evening there is still availability for anyone interested.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
tgd, I don't fly from small airfields, and I use real airlines. I have Bristol, Cardiff, and Birmingham within an hour, Heathrow within 90 minutes, and Manchester within two hours.

Holiday plans don't fall through because you need to travel to another airport.
latest report
so Thompsonfly are not a real airline now surprising.

I just dont see what your problem is Shock My point was we could get to the slopes with minimum hassel cheaply and quickly and we are sad that has gone

I like Corky am not snobby about airlines or airports its just a means to an end....
snow conditions
hyweljenkins wrote:

Holiday plans don't fall through because you need to travel to another airport.

Sometimes they do. I was squeezing the most out of every minute of half day I could take off work last January (literally, minimum check-in at local airport 15 minutes away), and an extra 2-3 hours to drive to a different airport would have meant I couldn't have gone away at all, due to work commitments. It makes no difference what type of airline you use, if the times or departure airports change significantly (and let's face it, this can happen with full-frills airlines too), it might mean people can't go away at all

I have to say under normal circumstances I would say it's a bit shoddy of Thomson to announce in mid-October that they are withdrawing from 2nd November, but given the current economic climate, rather this than a complete shutdown. Sorry to the folks who have had their plans messed up though Sad

D
snow conditions
hyweljenkins, Given your signature links to a site where time is obviously of the essence whilst travelling, I fail to see why using smaller regional airports (much like Bristol or Cardiff?) causes you so much anguish? Or are you a Veal calf, and have particularly bad memories of Coventry Airport?
ski holidays
hyweljenkins wrote:
Coventry's God-awful

I think that's more accurate
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy