Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow isn't (really) falling yet, a bit bored so mulling over my quiver :)

Poster: A snowHead
Just scored a minty pair of original race room Dynastar Legend Pros for the bargain price of £100. Bought them because I already have a pair as my everyday ski which I love and intend to ski until they die. Haven’t seen anything on the market which looks better for this purpose so these seemed too good to pass up as a replacement when the time comes.

Now I’ve got them, it seems a shame to lock them away in a cupboard. They have 2 sets of binding holes in them but otherwise they are in really good nick. My quiver therefore consists of:

DPS Lotus 120 (190cm) – unmounted right now. Really only come out when the snow is deep. Will probably put some alpine bindings on them at some point
Dynastar Legend Pro XXL (194cm) – mounted with Dukes. Could become my everyday ski after I finally sacked up and tried them and found they were pretty easy to ski (except in icy moguls)
Dynastar Legend Pro (186) – Dukes. Current everyday ski
Dynastar Legend Pro (186) – tbc. Replacement for the above but maybe more???
Blizzard Titan 9 (180) – Dynafit Vertical ST. Touring where the uphill is more than an hour or so.

I have a few sets of alpine bindings sitting around in my attic. So what to do:

1. take Dukes off XXLs and put them on new LPs, thus having 2 totally interchangeable pairs of skis and lengthening the life of both. Put alpine bindings on XXLs on the basis that I will very rarely tour on these
2. take Dynafits off Titans and put them on LPs. Get new pair of properly lightweight Dynafits for Blizzards, improving tourability. This would increase my options creating a middle ground between the Titans and the LPs with Dukes. That said, I don’t think I am ever going to tour far on the LPs because even with Dynafits they are heavy and, while I can ski them with my Dynafit compatible boots, I do lose a bit of power to drive them. And this would require me buying some new bindings

any other suggestions? Or should I just sell some skis? Sad

I only ever take 2 pairs of skis with me on trips – usually the LPs or XXLs plus either the DPS or Titans depending on the forecast and what I will be doing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

any other suggestions?

Get out more? Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, I am having these thoughts on my employer's coin so although you have a reasonable point, at least i am not wasting my own time Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surely you want the dukes on the 120's? No?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, a possibility, although i am not sure it's practical because they have been mounted twice and already have lots of holes. Dukes make a LOT of holes in your skis
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you have skins cut for the XXLs/120s or would you need to source new ones?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorilla, have skins which will work for both those
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a clear gap in your quiver which would be admirably filled by a nice little pair of slalom skis that I'm selling Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, Mount the new ones for Tele ? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, i have some skier-x skis which really only come out for summer/autumn glacier trips and therefore don't form part of my "core" quiver Madeye-Smiley

ski, hmmm... learning to tele on one of the stiffer skis out there... is that wise? is learning to tele at all wise? Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, Learning to tele is always (un)wise Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, i'm gonna (try to) learn to tele this year on movement thunders so you wouldnt be alone trying to tele on stiffies (though I'm approaching 17st - muscle is heavier than fat / it takes a big hammer to drive a big nail etc. etc. Wink)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, F**.. I am confused. Laughing

I'd consolidate to 3 pr.

DPS with Alpine.
Titans for AT
and
The last pr of which ever LP's XXLS etc etc with the Dukes..
Doesn't seem to matter which ones as the Dukes make them a heavy rig for short yomps only.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In which case, I'd go 120s with Dukes (if possible), XXL with alpine and leave everything else as is. One pair of LPs sits in the cupboard for the day you trash the others.

I'd take this with a pinch of salt. You own a far burlier collection of skis than me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, Laughing Laughing Laughing you weren't tempted with Rob's AK swallow tails then? You're a POOF, give up real life and come and live in a ski resort...
snow conditions
parlor, i reckon my XXLs are far more masculine than the AKs Cool

i am highly tempted to throw it all in and ski at the moment ...
ski holidays
Arno, I have a spare room...
ski holidays
JT, that is the most sensible suggestion, but i will probably ignore it Laughing
snow report
parlor, maybe i'll store my skis there
snow report
Arno, perfect. I can also offer a "job" if that makes you feel better Wink
ski holidays
Arno, Get another pr of Dukes so you then have

XXL with Dukes
LP with Dukes
Titans AT
DPS with Alpine.

then you only take Titans for hut to hut and have to make a choice of which is your every day ski.. the XXL or LP which will always allow you to skin somewhere short cos of the Dukes

Then please the wife by clearing out the rest on e-bay

Laughing Laughing but then tell her another season is calling.

I am waiting for a redundancy package here before doing the same..
snow conditions
parlor, working is for suckaz. i am currently a sucka Confused

i think maybe the answer is the stash one pair of LPs where I think i will be doing most of my skiing so i can travel relatively light when i go out there, and have the other pair for times when i go somewhere different Cool
latest report
 brian
brian
Arno, good plan. I also have a quandary.

Stormriders (XXXL) and Recons in CH
Old worn out Axis-X here

The Axis are just about ground to oblivion but decent hire skis don't really exist in Scotland, so I've kept them probably past their sell by date and anyway, I've only managed a couple of days up north in the last couple of seasons.

Should I bring the Recons home to replace them or will I miss their piste-ishness versus the XXXLs on days when I'm limited to piste skiing (en famille etc) ?

Of course, the best answer is probably bring the Recons home and invest (hey it's a good enough word for Gordon) in a pair of Stoeckli SCs.
Confused
snow report
Arno wrote:

i am highly tempted to throw it all in and ski at the moment ...

+1 though I really should have nabbed Rob's mint Blowers or gazumped you on the LPs to round out the middle of my quiver then tried to persuade parlor and kiwi1 to let me have a go on the Eemers.
latest report
fatbob, Rob departs today - it's not too late on the Blowers!
snow conditions
brian, Maybe you ought to find out how useful the XXXL's are..

If they are what you think/hope they will be, then bring the Recons home...and don't bother with the SC's..as good as they are...go really hairey..Laughing but Stockli, of course
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
fatbob, Rob departs today - it's not too late on the Blowers!

Think it might be by now - unless he's still at his place tomorrow am.
snow report
 brian
brian
JT, that's pretty much the plan I think.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There's clearly a big hole in your quiver, here's how to fill it.
Cut down the Dynastar Legend Pro (186) with Dukes and make yourself a pair of 99 cm snowblades.
latest report
DB, i'm actually going to mount two bindings on each and use them as skwals Cool
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
DB, i'm actually going to mount two bindings on each and use them as skwals Cool

Why not? they are afterall going to be the biggest thing since mono skiing.

http://www.skwalzone.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2618

here's where it's happening

Quote:
Hello, you can come on http://www.skwalzone.org website, there is many information on Skwal.

A Member of the Forum (Holger) is of Munich, and it is a skwalor, he will be able to give you councils.

Bye.

http://www.carving-ski.de/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3159
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy