Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avon, Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am planning a two week trip to Colorado for next February, with the plan of having a really good base but also offering a good place to ski surrounding resorts. I had been planning on Breckenridge but have been alerted to some very good properties in Avon. I understand that this is a couple of miles from Beaver Creek, and about nine miles from Vail. However, what is the town like in itself for us to be based there for a fortnight? Good apres ski scene? How convenient is this town? In all honesty is it a pain to ski surrounding resorts?

Any info you can pass on regarding this town is much welcomed.

Cheers folks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you planning on having a vehicle ? Avon is very convenient for Beaver Creek - only way to access is via agondola now ( used to be bus) as vehicles are limited to residents only. Vail is just down the road probably 15 mins max. Towns ok from what I remember of it but nothing special only good places were Gart Sports ( dirt cheap and good gear) and Beaver Liquors Very Happy

For ease of access to all the ski areas around, Frisco would be a better location nut not sure either about their apres Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was going to suggest Frisco for easier access to some other resorts.

As for nightlife who knows.

Avon is double the size of Frisco population wise.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
no veicle
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avon is the ugliest hotch-potch of roundabouts and parking lots imaginable. I know, I lived there for a year.
It does have a few bars but you would have a much more enjoyable fortnight of nightlife in Breck - or, probably, Frisco.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
any other thoughts on Avon folks?
anyone stayed there during the skiing season?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy