Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passport info for switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Does anyone know what the passport rules for switzerland are traveling from the UK..do you need to have to have 6 months valid date at least as some places? looked around and can't find anything specific about it so I presume no..but thought better check in case. Passport expires in May.and I'm going to switzerland in Dec, Jan and Feb..so hoping can leave it till end of season and then do.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should just be valid for the duration of your stay

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/europe/switzerland

Not being rude (well, OK I am wink ), but isn't this the sort of thing that google comes in handy for?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erm probably..I did check with swiss travel centre etc didn't think the FCO.

Thanks for the link..just wanted to make totally sure..now I can spend the money on some nice new gloves instead.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last time I went to Switzerland they didn't even look at my passport. I might have realised I'd got on the wrong coach if they had. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go through Geneva airport a lot...a cursory glance, and cursory may be overstating it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hhmm everywhere I go I get a proper scan and check on pc and a stare...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
papasmurf, that's because you are blue wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
swiss usually just wave me through if they see me holding passport with finger holding it open at the right page. afaik it just needs to be valid on the days of use. i think they're more interested in checking vignettes.

german's coming back are either a proper check, or a look at the car reg plate, seeing that it's a german one, and then complete disinterest.

uk border is a pita in both directions. always get stopped. always get asked the purpose of visit to my own country (even after 1. seeing that i have a UK passport, and 2. determining that my accent is local!).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UK passport people are completely humourless, up their own rectum, self agrandising idiots. Clearly it's a government ploy to wee wee travellers off so much that they refuse to travel. That'll lern them. Rant over, completely off topic I know Embarassed

OT - I thought the 6 month validity was required for returning to the UK Puzzled Back to my first sentnece then. Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy