Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock now open in Dublin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow and Rock opened yesterday in Dundrum Shopping Centre, Dublin. I was there just before closing yesterday to see what they had and it definitely has the best selection of skiing and snowboard gear in Southern Ireland. It will put it up to Great Outdoors and 53 Degrees North as it has far more real kit such as boots and skis than the other stores in Dublin.

They talk about a price promise in their brochure and they'll match another stores price, has anyone done this?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Ross, It is not like they had much competition now was it.

53 Degrees is apparently on its knees and may not last to long from what I hear Suppose that is what you get for being so expensive and with staff who couldnt tell the diffrence between there elbow and other anatomy parts.

Great Outdoors had a poor selection and even worse staff.

Was in there last night myself and ended up buying a few bits and pices and will be back with Mrs O on Sat staff seem to know what they are talking about and the selection is huge compared to the competition. Plus they are in the mecca of decodence that is Dundrum.

There package deals seem like a great offer for newbie skiers and they do have a great catalouge which is sitting on my desk with lots of red x on it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have the catelogue also, I will probably be buying more ski and outdoor related things I really don't need! I was looking at the Salomon Lord there yesterday, I can't really see the reverse camber 'rocker' on them, must be very slight?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant news, I now wont complain when the girlfriend wants to go to Dundrum with her. Does the shop have a workshop section? I am awaiting delivery of new skis and will have to get the bindings mounted. It would be so much easier to get it done here rather than on the first day in resort.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thedavman, Was out there yesterday morning and there is nothing in the brochure about a work shop in Dublin but some of the display skis where out without bindings so I presume they have the facility.

Might be worth looking at the ski club in Kilternan also as there are a few people up there who will mount bindings for a small fee.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Who would I contact in Kilternan? Would they be mounting by eye or do they have jigs?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There seems to be a workshop upstairs by the bikes in Snow and Rock, I didn't walk down but there was a sign.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Your are right Peter, as confirmed by their website. Will take a peep at the workshop this weekend.

http://www.snowandrock.com/store_dublin.htm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thedavman, They use Jigs up in Kilternan just contact the office and they will put you in touch with the relevant people.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thedavman wrote:
Who would I contact in Kilternan? Would they be mounting by eye or do they have jigs?

Mounting bindings without a jig is easy enough providing the tech can measure accurately etc. It shouldn't be done by eye.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Next time I am in Dublin will give it a look. Might actually give me a reason to go to Dublin sooner than expected!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy