Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's everyone off to this season?

Poster: A snowHead
Colorado for 3 months ... maybe more.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher wrote:
1) Where you off this forecoming season?
and
2) Why are you going there?

1) The Workhouse, by way of Queer Street.

2) Free Trade/Globalisation and Light Touch Financial Regulation .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hintertux at the start of November
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I may miss out this year!! Shocked Crying or Very sad I've just become a Dad and we have afair sized repair to pay for on our apartment. Plus I have to hand in my MSc project on the 3rd Feb. At the moment it's looking doubtful i'll be seeing the piste this winter.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jan 10 -12 Chamonix (7 1/2 days skiing: 6 with Ski Club of GB off-piste holiday. I'm looking for people to ski with the 2 saturdays.

Jan 29 - Feb 9 Jackson Hole (9 days skiing including 4 day Steep and Deep Camp)

Feb 27 - March 7 Dolomites (8 days skiing - 6 with guide Zeb Roche) 6 nights Arabba, 1 night Lagazuoi Refuge, 1 night Cortina.

Possible Scottish weekend (late March?)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 11-10-08 18:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Aosta Valley in Italy (La Thuile, Cervinia, Gressoney, Pila, Courmayeur, Champorcher, etc) - over New Year (27 Dec - 3 Jan).

7-14 Feb - Bardonecchia and Milky Way.

21-25 March - La Thuile or Cervinia.

Easter - La Thuile or Cervinia.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 11-11-08 21:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
hels_t, your contract, ending in Jan, what do you do out of interest?

I'm a snowbum who has to do a bit of software testing in between to pay for it. I've been very fortunate that for the last couple years I've spent more time on the snow than offices.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hels_t, yeah I remember you saying at the BBQ. Cool.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveCornwall, Welcome to snowheads Very Happy Indeed a good thread to start in Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Soldeu in jan for the usual lads trip then Avoriaz with the family and friend, first snow trip for my youngest princess, then hopefully trying to get another lads trip in between them but can't push it cause hopefully off to verbier on mountain bike trip next may wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zermatt on the 20th December for eight days, then Saalbach on the 24th January (with hels_t and another 16 people Wink) and I think that could be it this year Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Val Thorens from 27th Dec to 17th Jan.

March... somewhere to be decided Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc wrote:
Zermatt on the 20th December Sad
Me too snowHead
La Clusaz for a week on the 8th March (half of which is the prize I won in the VT bash raffle, generously donated by Kiwi1 and graviteski, and also courtesy of EasyJet's free ski carriage offer) Very Happy
VT for the bash in April hopefully. That's all this year Little Angel
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes in Dec, and the Eosb in VT in Apr, and hopefully a week in Serre Chevalier in Feb too.

Planning a group trip in Mar but one couple in the group will be taking their 12 month-old baby, so I reckon somewhere lowish like La Tania, as long as they can sort out decent childcare.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the welcome to Snowheads. I'll now endeavour to converse on a more regular basis on the forum, mainly to ask for advice and recommendations, as it does appear that there is a huge amount of knowledge to tap into.

By the way, as I'm off to Samoens next Feb should I expect to see snow at resort level (700m)? Puzzled Any thoughts would be gratefully received. Smile

Cheers.
ski holidays
Have to go to San Diego for a conference in January (it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it). Coming back home by way of Colorado (Winter Park) for a few days.

Then nothing until Whistler in March.

It all seems like a long way off.............................
ski holidays
Verbier for the season,

because i got a job there
Cool
snow report
30th Nov 3 days in Tignes
11th Feb 14 days in Fernie
April Tignes
ski holidays
Off to Obertauern in Austria 29th Nov, for a week. I'm still thinking about a location for 1st week of feb, and end march (with wife and kids for this one).
snow conditions
Three days at the Ski and board camp in Tignes from the 2nd of December, 14 days in Banff from 14th Jan, maybe somwhere cheap for a week in March depending on finances.
ski holidays
Dec 6-13: Hintertux for 6 days of top-drawer coaching Wink
Dec 21-30: Zermatt, bimbling about for 9.5 days (and no doubt meet up with the other snowHead reprobates who're there at the same time)
Jan 9-12: Chamonix, company user meeting so "working". Expect a slide or two though Wink .
Jan 17-24: St Anton, 7 days off-piste mostly with expert guiding
Jan 24-Feb1: Engelberg, 6 days with SCGB + 2 days extra at end

afer that...erm....not sure but want to get at least another week in.

Maybe that long weekend in Scooortland (late March)
Try to get another long weekend in maybe early March.
Possibly a week's touring around Easter. Otherwise probably head to La Grave again.
...that enough?
Not really, but needs must snowHead

Then the Summer Racing season starts again in April Laughing
snow conditions
Val Cenis Jan 24 - 31 1st time skiing with the kids, should be fun

Hoping for another week later on. I'd love to go to the EOSB....maybe if I start salting the money away now....................
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
Nov 1 - 8 Tux
Dec 6 - 13 Tux
Jan 17 - 24 Verbier.
March / April not sure yet.
May will be back to Tux
GrahamN, If you are having the same coaching as me it will be a good week.
snow report
Christmas adn NewYear - Montalbert
January - Montalbert
March - Montalbert
April - Montalbert (SH alternative bash apparently)

Predictable aren't I??
snow conditions
monster77, sounds very much like it. Looking back at some of your posts there seem a number of similarilties between us (beard, first car in 1978, lots of time on dry-slopes, non-instructor but around that level). Looking forward to it - but with a hint of nervousness. I know a few Hemel people, but I don't think we've met?
snow report
monster77, who are you training with in Tux in dec?
ski holidays
Oct - Tignes boot camp
Jan (or possibly March) - Scotland
Feb - Montafon
April - Montafon

May squeeze another week in somewhere....depends on what my gas bill looks like Sad
snow report
Early Jan - Les Gets
Week before Easter and then Easter week - Les Gets
snow conditions
 monster77
monster77
skimottaret, PSG Alpine coaching, only the best will do.
snow report
Christopher, Taking family to Stuben at end of Feb, near St Anton as I'm not getting my boys trip there this year Crying or Very sad Also will be going to my neighbours flat in Saas Fee at end of Jan for few days with him and boss (as a wee thank you for referring them some business Smile
Should also manage a couple of days up to Aviemore/Nevis Range subject of course to conditions - only a couple of hours away. Also the odd trip to Xscape.

Looking at all the others (I'm so jeallous of some of you) but amazed just how many folk going to France v Austria, despite a recent thread where vast majority stated their preference to Austria Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 monster77
monster77
GrahamN, Nothing to be nervous about, see you in the bar.
ski holidays
Christmas - Wengen (10 days)
Jan - hopefully Winter Park/Whistler (7-10 days)
Easter - Wengen
And I wish - Summer - New Zealand (10 weeks) - Oh if only I had several thousand ££ to spare for their instructor course.
Hopefully try and fit a week in before Easter, maybe MSB. Where is that going this year?
ski holidays
If I read the news about the news on the credit crunch and this thread I could swear the two must be in two different worlds!
snow report
saikee, those of us with money (however little) have to try and keep the economy alive wink
latest report
WOW some of you must have far too much money/time!
Given the fact that I am Half Man Half Mortgage Laughing I will only get 1 week in Feb to Les Arcs at rob@rar's apartment.

Unless I tell the handbrake I'm working away for a week and sneak off to the snowHead 's EoSB Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Verbier, december - march Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Because i dont want to get a real job
snow conditions
December - April, Tahoe as usual.

I should get paid more this season! Shocked

(November - Dubai! Puzzled )
latest report
Feb week - Les Arcs
Then try and fit in something in before or after or preferably both.

Very Happy
snow report
Les Deux Alpes from January to March.

I may do a weekend in Scotland when I get back and possibly the EoSB.
snow report
Laax in march and probably in my dreams a weekend in austria to meet a friend who lives in Vienna. In my wildest drams my senior partenr now says we want you to work out the remainder of your notice period on garden leave
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy