Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap and Cheerful Deals

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good internet deals?
Where would you suggest for a week "all inclusive" Jan 2009?
All the usual web sites seem to be about twice the price of last year! Arghhhhh!

Did Les2Alpes Dec 2007 and 2008 and it only cost about £400 each, inc flights, transfers, passes and equipment hire, plus it was chalet board (first choice I think).

I fancy something similar - but at a different resort.... heard Val Thorens is pretty high and as such has good snow, but I'm thinking it be a little expensive there!

Somewhere high (glacier maybe),
Chalet board or Half Board,
Inc lift pass and ski hire,
Inc flights,

Don't want much eh! All ideas welcome.........

Skullie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
williams691 wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good internet deals?
Where would you suggest for a week "all inclusive" Jan 2009?
All the usual web sites seem to be about twice the price of last year! Arghhhhh!

Did Les2Alpes Dec 2007 and 2008 and it only cost about £400 each, inc flights, transfers, passes and equipment hire, plus it was chalet board (first choice I think).

I fancy something similar - but at a different resort.... heard Val Thorens is pretty high and as such has good snow, but I'm thinking it be a little expensive there!

Somewhere high (glacier maybe),
Chalet board or Half Board,
Inc lift pass and ski hire,
Inc flights,

Don't want much eh! All ideas welcome.........

Skullie

Bulgaria really is the best I can think off. SLightly off the beaten track, its cheap and does for a skiing holiday on a budget
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
williams691, You will really struggle to find anything decent at that sort of price - and I have no idea how you could have managed it last year either, unless it was early December.

By the time you reach January Lift passes are standard price, and they will cost you in excess of £150 for any sizeable area, which only leaves you £250 for everything else.

I think the only way you are going to get flights/transfers/half board/passes/equipment hire all for £400pp in January, without going to Eastern Europe, would be to wait another 6-8 weeks and then look for one of the small Austrian resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can be done (ish) in early jan

Ryanair to Fried chicken £80 including all of it
Airportbus.at transfer to St. Anton £40 return
Apartment rental for a week £120 each
Lift Pass c. £150

you either need to look for a 'late deal' on one of the obvious websites or piece something together yourself...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, that is only £10 off his full budget, without equipment hire, and is not half board Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm with Bertie basset on this one..can't really see it being done for £400.

I am taking Ryanair to Turin - £86 / Apartment rental Cervinia - Euros100 / Lift pass - Euros190 / Still to sort out airport transfer in the region of £80. That's the £400 budget blown, and no meals or equipment ( although we don't need equipment hire anyways but it still has to be factored in )

Although if the credit crunch continues and holidays aren't sold there is the chance that a late bargain can be picked up..unlikely to get one this far in advance I fear.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can be done if you;re lucky. Crystal has some amazinfg deals last year - in November I booked a week's 3* h/b in courmayeur with flights and transfers for under £340 for 2 people. add o a bit for liftpass / beers / luncha dnyou;res still under £400 each
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skitopia are doing some deals that aren't far off your price. Someone posted here yesterday that they'd managed half board, f & T, ski pass and standard equipment hire for £445 in Serre Che, so it can be done, almost!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very helpful advice guys - also found rocketski.com and teletext quite useful. Lots of catered chalets in L2A with pass and equipt inc for less than £1100 for 2 pax, might go back for my 3rd time in as many years ....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt wrote:
I can be done if you;re lucky. Crystal has some amazinfg deals last year - in November I booked a week's 3* h/b in courmayeur with flights and transfers for under £340 for 2 people. add o a bit for liftpass / beers / luncha dnyou;res still under £400 each

Cant disagree here, we looked at a 3* catered chalet with em in La Ros for £700 for two, plus lift pass over Christmas Shocked Couldnt get anyone to look after the Mutt tho, so didnt go Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are a couple of places near Jasna (one english owned and run) in Slovakia that offer HB accom lift pass and equip hire for about £350/week in early jan. You might still be able to get a cheap flight to poprad. Jasna is not big (only about 40 km of piste) but has big fee ride areas so might suite, I think there is a trip report on here somewhere from lynsef.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skiweekends.com do a week with HB and lift pass comes to about £500 which seems to be about the cheapest option Ive found so far. Anybody got any experience of using them?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best deal I have ever got was £420.00 to Crest Voland in 2001

Incl: Flights, transfers, all food, all beer, snacks, ski hire, ski tuition and lift pass
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You should be able to find something for January if you sit tight and wait for last minute deals - I could be wrong, but I wouldn't imagine that the big TO's bookings are particularly great so far, although the Euro vs. Pound has meant things are generally more expensive than the past few years...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alex_heney wrote:
bertie bassett, that is only £10 off his full budget, without equipment hire, and is not half board Sad

that was where the ish bit came in Laughing

Having my own kit I didn't need to rent, and we seemed to eat in most nights so I don't think spent more than 50eur per head for the food (although I don't now have the records)
Obviously I excluded beer tokens as those are (a) depending on imbibment frequency & volume and (b) not exactly cheep in there own right.

I was just trying to make the point that by booking 'independent' you don't have to pay the earth - that holiday probably cost me about 50% less than the trip the following year with SkiSt. Anton on a fully inclusive basis (but booked miles in advance due to having 50+ peeps going). Travelling independently - you can still get sleezy from LGW to Lyon St. Exupery at 1/2 term for 75 quid return incliding taxes and hold luggage costs, avoiding weekends for example, and would get you 'skis on' for lunchtime on monday...although I guess you'll be screwed trying to find accommodation for that week.
latest report
Hi - I have a holiday for sale that is due to be cancelled. This is part of a group booking but you are free to use it as your own holiday.
It is 7 nights in Borovets departing London Gatwick 17th Jan 2009.
Half board at the hotel Samokov, opposite the gondola.
Flights, Hotel and transfers are all included. You just need to add lift passes and ski hire if required. It is for 4 adults and 2 children (Under 12) in two rooms. We are just after the remaining balance as the family have to cancel so they will lose what they paid anyway. Remaining balance for all 6 is just under £1200 plus name changes at £15 per person. Contact me if you require any further info,

thanks
snow conditions
We will be eating in on a more regular basis this winter, and economising on the lunches.
latest report
Bulgaria... can't get that week off work unfortunately, but it sounds like a good deal for someone to grab... was also after a glacier - to be sure of some white stuff Very Happy

Latest research on the "cheap ski for tightwads" front is Ryan Air mixed with http://www.skiholidayextras.com but to be honest, a package deal only works out a few quid more and there's a lot less hastle.

I think the chances of a <£500 "all in" ski holiday are a bit slim this year.

The best bet this season seems to be a Half Board deal in France with direct ski and arranging your own equipment and passes seperately.

Tempted to wait until a week before, although apparently many holiday companies have merged this year and as a result there's less holidays available, so not as much chance to get a last minute deal..... make of that what you will Skullie
latest report
Bargains willl always be available depending on dates, this year, last year and every other year in the furture
ski holidays
You could look at Club Med. They are offering £200 off per couple for holidays booked before 31 October.

Staying at Les Arcs between 10th and 17th January costs £1328 for 2 people. This includes flights from Gatwick to Grenoble, accomodation at Arcs Extreme (Arcs 2000), Full board, all drinks included, Insurance, Paradiski ski pass and ski lessons.

Plus if you book via the Quidco website you get a rebate of 7% saving a further £92. This equates to £618 per person with nothing else to pay in the week except for ski and boot hire if you need it.
snow conditions
i know a guy who owns a couple of apartments in bansko 5 mins from the lifts and 10 mins from centre all walking distance....he charges 295euro for a weeks rental for 4 people and will even organise pick up and transfers to/from sofia airport (about 60euro e/w for 4 people),he says a dinner in the hotel apartment block costs 6euro and breakfast is 3euro,i'm booking in myself one of the weeks prob in feb sometime (by the way does anyone know what the best/worst week would be to go there in feb and is march all good even?) if your interested pm me and i'll give you more details and if not well enjoy the trip wherever it may take you Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
what's this quidco all about then??
snow report
You want high-glacier, all-inclusive, etc. etc. Check out www.action-outdoors.co.uk I don't even look anywhere else for my holidays to France anymore. The terrain is unbeatable, the scenery is breathtaking and the package they offer is no-strings attached cheap! The one thing that I questioned initially was the fact that they stopped dealing with airlines over the last couple of years and exclusively use a return coach service from London Vic to the Alps. After losing my luggage in Geneva a few years ago though, it made a lot more sense for me to take a nap on the coach, wake up in front of my accomodation with all of my equipment intact (no transfer headache) and got a week of free meals, world-class instruction and met some of the coolest people along the way. If it sounds like I'm impressed with these folks, well...I am. They're actually so cheap, friends of mine from the states can come over to Europe (even with the horrendous exchange rate) and enjoy a holiday for nearly half as much as they would pay going to Aspen or Tahoe.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy