Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner's Ski Schools in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My sister in law is planning to go to skiing for the first time in Morzine in early February.

She has taken a "Learn to ski in a day" course at Tamworth and can snow plough but wants to take lessons.

The potential problem is that her knees have seen better days and she is wondering whether it is possible to book group ski lessons and take them on alternate days to allow her knees to recover.

Assuming she only skis every other day, would it be best for her to buy individual ski passes for the days she wants to ski and are there any nursery slopes in the resort where you don't need a ski pass?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is possible to buy day passes but it'll probably work out better buying a week pass to give a bit more flexibility for having an hour or so on skis here and there. Will also mean that she can use cable cars to get to different spots to have a wander/drink/meal etc during the non skiing days.

In terms of ski schools most courses are 5 or 6 day. Have a look at BASS Morzine though as there may be options:
http://www.britishskischool.com/morzine.htm
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SCollier1, the ski school lessons tend to be only be a few hours in the morning or afternoon rather than all day so maybe that would be ok anyway?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BASS Morzine do an number of courses that are alternate days except for complete beginners, check out their website as indicated above by ctskifam, their philosophy being to teach the group for a couple of hours and then the group goes off for a day or so practising what they have been taught.

I have recommended BASS Morzine to lots of people and without fail they have been impressed with the standard of tuition
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SCollier1, it's becoming more common to be able to buy "non consecutive" day passes, so you can have complete days off - but of course if you use them even once, that's a day gone.

I agree that BASS are good, if expensive. I hope she's going the first week, which should be a great week, before the hols start.

The other thing she needs to think about is loads of exercises to ensure that her leg muscles are as strong as possible - to protect her knees and make sure she gets more fun from her holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SCollier1, I agree with pam w, BASS are expensive compared to ESF but other English run schools are simlar in price such as http://www.thesnowinstitute.com/ who are also highly thought of
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy