Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Austria next week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I move out to a new job in Friedrichshafen in two weeks. I am cosidering going out a week early to sort a few things out.

Are there any resorts open already ? what is the earliest opening resorts. I thought I read of an Austrian Glacier resort that was open
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hintertux about an hour from Innsbruck great spot and got a big dump last week
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just spotted this one open already
http://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/index.php?lang=en
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A job that close to the snow....sweet Madeye-Smiley

Stubai is reasonable, but it's quite a drive from Fredhafen (took me about 3 hrs, but that was at 12am!). You could look at Solden as well, it was open last November, but I guess it depends whether they've had any snow yet...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yeah it does seem quite a way to Innsbruck are. Is that 3hours of good roads or 3hours of snow filled mountain passes. ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
May be better getting trains than road? Whilst I don't think they'll be too snowy at this time of year, it does get crammed at the Austrian border (admittedly that was on Saturdays during ski season). Unfortunately can't comment on how busy the roads will be at this time of year - fine I would imagine. But I think Solden would be a good shout.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pitztal is probably your nearest ca 2 hrs, another ca 40 mins more gets you to Sölden. Innsbruck should be possible in 2:30 when the roads are clear of traffic and snow. Hintertux would likely take 3:30+. Pre christmas there isn't very much holiday traffic on the roads and the snow gets cleared quickly.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am thinking midweek, so am hoping traffic will be very low

thanks for all the suggestions. Europe is all new for me, only skied at banff up until now. So working out where things are is difficult

What about going the other way, I am pretty close to the Swiss border.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And remember that at this time of year, the glaciers are still really only sensible for morning skiing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alex_heney, Right now you'll get a full day no probs. Hintertux - Around zero degrees at Tuxerfernerhaus today, -3 on top, 50cm of new snow.

stevev, look up Kaunertal as well. Steeper gradients there and probably nearest to you. Otherwise Hintertux is well worth the extra drive. Pitztal too flat.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, Oh, OK.

I thought it was still a few weeks early for that.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
stevev, look up Kaunertal as well. Steeper gradients there and probably nearest to you. Otherwise Hintertux is well worth the extra drive. Pitztal too flat.

Surprized to hear that, I haven't skied either but the maps show Kaunertal with many blue runs whereas Pitztal is mainly made up of red runs.

http://www.bergfex.com/kaunertal/panorama/

http://www.bergfex.com/pitztalergletscher/panorama/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB, I definitely came away from Pitztal thinking how boring it was but Kaunertal more varied and with more steep pitches. I'd say the Pitztal map is misleading, no way are they red runs.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Pitztal too flat.

"A flat run on the glacier is better than a good day in the office"........Or something like that rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller wrote:
DB, I definitely came away from Pitztal thinking how boring it was but Kaunertal more varied and with more steep pitches. I'd say the Pitztal map is misleading, no way are they red runs.
If risking it is your thing then both Hintertux and Stubai offer some decent off piste variants. Be prepared to fall down a crevasse though Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy