Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SHORT SKIS - ANYBODY KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE

Poster: A snowHead
I've heard if you get 'short skis' they are easier to menouver if you have knee problems - can anyone throw any light on this for me or any info on Short skis?? (I'm not talking speed skis)

Thanks for any answers

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowblades?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No apparently they come up to your chest
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Hirst's disco pants are the best
They go from his knees to his chest
They're better than Adam and the Ants
David Hirst's disco pants.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FastEddie, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Short skis are easier to maneouvre (sp?) due to the lower swing weight. If you have knee problems then make sure you get a proper release binding. The last short skis I used were Icelantic Scouts, which were about 1.5m I think...? Wide enough to handle off-piste if that is your thing juliebenn.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FastEddie,

Don't bring your football hooligan chants on here... Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
juliebenn, we have some of these - bought in Decathlon, called Wedzes. Atomic make them as well. They are nothing like blades (we have those too!). They are much heavier, and chunkier, and feel altogether more like skis. Regular bindings, too. There are a couple of lengths - around 120/130cms. I would recommend them - several of our visitors, who have been struggling a bit, love them. For quick turns on piste, and especially moguls, they're great. Not the machines for going super fast on. Good skiers (ie better than I am!) can do great things with them off piste, though I prefer longer fatter ones for that.

In Decathlon two days ago I noticed a lot of nice bright new graphics - they were about 160 euros I think. Purists will rubbish them, but you don't need to take any notice. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Basic Physics will tell you for the most part these, Cloven Hooves of the Devil Himself will be less work on your knees when used right. That said the pure nature of skiing is in itself is a paradox best compared to waking up the girlfriend or doing it yourself. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
juliebenn, see what I mean?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Regular bindings, too. There are a couple of lengths - around 120/130cms.

127cm and 130 cm in two different widths - they may have had 3 models last year. The bindings are heavy as they are fully adjustable. Get just the blades and fit your own bindings and they are pretty lightweight. They are easy to turn but don't necessarily encourage good technique.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Short Skis, Raxx? ?? ? Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeh, we haven't seen our friend Tom in a while!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE SENSIBLE ANSWERS ILL HAVE A GO I THINK AND SEE HOW I GET ON!!
latest report
juliebenn, caps lock stuck on? wink
snow conditions
juliebenn, "C'mon love, pull your knickers up and go make us a nice cup'o'tea, eh?"
latest report
smallzookeeper what are you on!
snow report
juliebenn, that's a question many of us have asked Toofy Grin
latest report
juliebenn, IF YOU NEED ANY MORE HELP THEN YOU ONLY HAVE TO LEAVE ME A PM AND THEN MAYBE WE CAN GO TO LUNCH
ski holidays
in your dreams
snow conditions
Laughing
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
juliebenn, "C'mon love, pull your knickers up and go make us a nice cup'o'tea, eh?"

Classic Laughing
snow conditions
http://www.deezer.com/#music/result/all/unkle
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy