Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

driving in France . something to think about....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This from the Telegraph.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
€1500 on the spot fines! Shocked ouch

There's just too much temptation to floor it on those empty autoroutes on a long tired journey. I went both ways from Calais to 3V's averaging highly illegal speeds last winter. I got away with it, luckily....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 23-12-04 8:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This from a country which has very very poor driving standards....!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.jokaroo.com/ecards/funnymovies/crazyfrenchdude.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Be especially careful on the run back into Calais. They are particularly keen to nobble you there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As they say....ignorance is no excuse!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having driven to the alps for a number of years now - recently it has become very noticeable how much the average speed has dropped on the motorways.. Especially on the free sections around the major towns - no one seems to speed there... presumably because the police are hotter there??
As a consequence we no longer really "hit it" - and quite honestly it really doesnt add much to the journey time..
have a happy Christmas snowheads! xx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, we use to bomb down there and made fantastic times but doing well over a ton for most of the way makes you jhave to stop for more fuel. And the French police really don't need an excuse to stop Brits it seems.

Now that we have slowed down I notice that we don't get passed all day by Puegots anymore so maybe the message has got through to the French as well
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I usually average around 130 - 140 kph. Over the limit but not toooooo obvious - never been caught, but do keep a weather eye on all mirrors!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For anyone travelling on the autoroute and road , from Lyon to Moutiers, there are speed cameras in the tunnels. Also if you are driving around BSM watch out for the speed trap between the funicular and the main road. Its a 30kph limit!
We used to regularly bomb to and from the alps, averaging 7 1/2 hrs each way, Calais to BSM. We now stick to the 130kph, have three stops for fuel, coffee and food, and it takes 9 1/2 hours. We arrive far more relaxed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HG wrote:
For anyone travelling on the autoroute and road , from Lyon to Moutiers, there are speed cameras in the tunnels.

Only for French registered cars at the moment. Remember that the limit is 110kph when it rains or snows or when it is foggy. There are still people who drive incredibly fast. I was around Macon last night - driving at night on a very busy autoroute in snow and people were passing my at around 160-180kph.

Dropped off my hire car after visiting the folks and I picked up my motorbike from Lyon this morning and when I got home this was the view.

The conditions actually look better than they are but more snow is forecast for today.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy