Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milan/ Malpensa Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Just found out Aer Lingus are doing a Belfast route to the above destination. Prices are working out as low as £47.00 return all in. Where is the airport and what resorts are easily accessable?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i've used Milan a few times over last couple of years, regular coach 10 euro will get you direct to main train station in Milan (35 mins) where you can go direct to Aosta valley 12 euro for resorts like Cervinia, Gressoney, Pila and Courmayeur less than 2 hours i think. Trenitalia site will have train schedule, hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We flew into Malpensa when we went to Foppolo. Wouldn't recommend it for more than a weekend though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B, what, Malpensa Airport or Foppolo (where?). I wouldn't recommend Malpensa for more than a few hours, even in the business lounge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been to Cervinia, Gressoney la Trinite & Macunaga from there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We use Milan Malpensa frequently to go to the resorts in the Aosta Valley (Gressoney, Cervinia, La Thuile, Pila, etc). Handy airport although, for some reason, the luggage always takes forever. I remember a few years ago my partner telling me (he's Italian) that there was a luggage thieving scam with the baggage handlers at Milan Malpensa resulting in 12 of them being prosecuted/sacked.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Malpensa is good for the Aosta and for the Milky way
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just make sure you have a tomtom or bloody good map. getting in /out feels a bit like trying to drive into say birmigham bull ring from the M42...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, this will assist you with your query Very Happy

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Milan_Malpensa.html
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, from same site above http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Italy/Foppolo.html
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnboy, Zermatt / Saas Fee are easily accessible from Malpensa, allow 2.5 to 3 hrs drive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're planning on going from Malpensa to Zermatt by train. Looks pretty straightforward.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's also good public transport to Saas Fee/Zermatt from Malpensa. You don't even need to go into Milan to get the train. I can't remember the name of ti, but there's a train station on the way that's close to Malpensa.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lrx28, Gallarate is the closest station to Malpensa I think. There's a really cheap shuttle bus there, but local cabbies exploit tourists and charge a fortune to go there even though it's a short ride. So I've heard.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
We've used Malpensa a couple of times now to get to Switzerland (it's only about an hour and a half's drive to the Simplon pass). Easyjet flights are usually cheaper there than to Geneva.

Easyjet use Terminal 2 which means your car hire is limited to Europcar or Avis unless you bus round to Terminal 1. There are direct trains from the airport to central Milan or you can connect by shuttle to the nearby Gallarate station. Fast trains from here to Brig in Switzerland only take about 1hr 20 mins.

A: GALLARATE

A: MALPENSA

Partenza da: Stazione FS
Orario: 5.55* 6.31** 7.23 8.00** 8.25 9.00* 9.30 9.55* 11.00 12.05** 12.40**S 13.20**S 13.55 14.35* 16.05 17.05 18.10 19.20* 20.15*
Frequenza: Tutti i giorni - (*) Da lunedì a venerdì - (**) Da lunedì a sabato (S) Solo durante il periodo scolastico
Tempo medio di percorrenza: 25´
Prezzo: Per TerminaL 1 € 1,55
Per Terminal 2 € 1,30
Biglietti: A bordo

S.A.C.O.
Trasporto Pubblico
snow report
You can get to Santa Cat, Bormio and Livigno. A company called MTBus do a coach from the airport (and also from Bergamo airport) to all those resorts for approx 30 euro one way. See http://www.mtbus.it/Orari/orari.cfm
snow conditions
We've even used Milan (or rather the more distant Bergamo) to get to Serre Chevalier as it was the only option from Newcastle in the summer a few years ago.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy