Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jobs in the alps if you just turn up?

Poster: A snowHead
A friend and i are looking for jobs for this coming season. Unfortuantely it's pretty late so getting something with a tour operator is going to be tough, applied to quite a few and got little or no interest. Just wondered if anyobdy knew if there are any jobs that you can just get when you turn up in resort. Obviously shops and things may have stuff going but the language barrier is going to be a problem with something like that.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i was wondering the same... anyone?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wrong site - try on Natives.....

You should be OK to find something, particularly with the larger operator, assuming you are not too fussy about where you are sent. Failing that, keep mailing them, as by Christmas/New Year, they have another recruitment drive to replace the staff who have gone AWOL over the holidays....

To get a job in a privately run shop or bar, you will be need to be in resort very early, and also be very lucky. To be honest, unless money is no object, I wouldn't recommend it, as you will probably end up disappointed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
we are getting 10`s of people coming through the door at the moment looking for jobs, mostly french. Maybe try smaller less popular stations but places like us in tignes are all pretty well sorted for staff. good luck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre, Libertine, We are looking for a driver and cleaning staff for this winter. Please send CV's with photos and I will send full details for relevant jobs. Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there's a few Alpine jobs on www.gumtree.com at the moment as well ...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el nombre, there are plenty of TO jobs still going - look at www.natives.co.uk if you haven't already done so. Both Bigfoot and Alpine Elements are advertising permanent positions in Chamonix. If you can chef or have management experience or trade skills you will probably have your hand bitten off at this stage.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats the problem, i don't really have many skills related to the hospitality industry and it seems most of the unskilled jobs have gone. I've applied for a few places through natives and a few direct but not had any success.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
el nombre, my advice would be to go to a busy resort and make yourself known to the resort head reps for all the tour operators. They normally start the season with a full compliment of staff but the drop-out rate can be horrendous... some get injured, some get homesick, some get sacked, some just want out. Basically, if all the circumstances are right, the main qualifications are that you can walk upright without knuckles dragging on the ground, you don't have BO (although a little seems to be acceptable), you can at least talk english semi-literately and you fit the spare uniform. The world is your lobster my son.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are on-the-spot jobs available at the start of the season (eg in Tignes late Nov/early Dec), but they go very quickly. Later in the season you would be hoping for someone to be sacked/resign/be injured, & still have to be in the right place at the right time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I heard that the Mark Warner staff had 100% turnover last season in Tignes?

Might've been just the bar staff. Random breathalyser tests..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller, I'd second that - although I am of course far more choosy myself!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
I heard that the Mark Warner staff had 100% turnover last season in Tignes?

Might've been just the bar staff. Random breathalyser tests..

That will be Scotty's, though the bar manager lasted the full season.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are looking for a chef (Dolomites, Italy) and a Housekeeper/Chalet Supervisor (Dolomites, Italy or Tignes Les Boisses, France). Please send CV to mountain.sun@virgin.net
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, Has hit the nail on the head, in some of the resorts part time jobs are avaiable doing airport transfers at the weekend but you need to be in resort at the right time, other possibilities are doing the buying and deliveries for chalets, but you will probably need your own transport for that. Depends what you want to do, Ski or Work, frequently the two are not compatable!!
latest report
This might be of interest: http://www.natives.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16128

French employers, so you will need a grasp of the language and a CV in French.
snow report
Hmm cheers for the link but my GCSE A probably isn't going to get me very far in that situation
ski holidays
Well there are still at least a dozen companies advertising on Natives for KPs, waiting/housekeeping staff and drivers - not a lot of skill required for any of that lot.
snow report
Yeah, but I'm not sure how often thats updated. I've phoned and emailed a lot of them and they say they're full even though natives still has adverts up for them.
snow report
el nombre, that's because a lot of people will be holding several job offers at the moment, and will ultimately only take one (obviously!). So everyone will have dropouts before the season. It's worthwhile filling in online applications for every company you can find just so you're on file.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy