Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on TV

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone able to tell me which channels in Austria, Italy and France show the skiing in theii (or others) countries?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have satilite then it doesn't matter about which country...I know that ORF shows skiing in Austria..never seen any skiing on Italian TV and never been to france to ski. But they should all have astra Satilite tv so pretty much all the german main channels show it ARD ZDF..and Eurosport and DSF..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Trying to find it streamed on web, well I will be once the season kicks off.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SF2 in Switzerland, ORF2 in Austria, I think
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just an aside re UK TV... rumoured that Channel4 Skiing is no more. Also hearing that Ski Sunday may be split... the "Top Gear" style of program in the afternoon and the racing late at night... BBC2 and BBC Sport agrreeing to differ. C4 is a blow - that's a huge amount of airtime lost.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, That is bad news indeed.

And it seems likely the rumours are true, since there is nothing about the upcoming season on either the channel4 or houthouse webistes, with only about 6 weeks to the start of the season Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eurosport website used to be good till they got bummed by Yahoo.

ORF probably streams of their site..if not the race sim game on there is just as fun
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No C4 skiing, that's terrible Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney, actually less than three weeks... Solden
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No skiing on TV!! Please someone tell me this is not true!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Just an aside re UK TV... rumoured that Channel4 Skiing is no more. Also hearing that Ski Sunday may be split... the "Top Gear" style of program in the afternoon and the racing late at night... BBC2 and BBC Sport agrreeing to differ. C4 is a blow - that's a huge amount of airtime lost.

Bad news on channel 4, but I think thats a bit of a good result on the Ski Sunday split, particularly if the BBC get some kind of online content up (so that you can watch the racing later in the week at a more realistic time)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never watched Channel 4 coverage. So I can't say that I'm bothered about the loss. However I do sympathise with those who don't have Sky.

Always watched Eurosport and Ski Sunday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
alex_heney, actually less than three weeks... Solden

Great! Except that Eurosport never screen the Austrian races - something to do with their contract (or lack of it) with the Austrian ski federation rolling eyes .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Christopher wrote:
.......................... However I do sympathise with those who don't have Sky.

Do you think it will be on sky HD Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do you think Sky would give special rates to members of the Cloud Appreciation Society ?
snow conditions
Quote:

Just an aside re UK TV... rumoured that Channel4 Skiing is no more.

How good is the rumour?

Nothing new on the Channel 4 website or the Hothouse Productions website.
snow report
The Austrian/Eurosport thing was what got me thinking about trying to catch races on line. Problem will be that those of us based in the UK will be forbidden if not verboten from watching unless a work around can be found. I was deeply disappointed to find that using a USA proxy still kept me out of CBC's archive of videos, I mean, Canada is in the US isnn't it Wink.

Am I right in thinking that Eurosport Germany carry far more ski coverage than its UK stablemate?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing wrote:
Christopher wrote:
.......................... However I do sympathise with those who don't have Sky.

Do you think it will be on sky HD Very Happy

well Eurosport have a HD service now...which had some of the summer ski jumping on.
ski holidays
I read the thread name and was going to post skiing on TV sounded very dangerous.

I'll get me coat.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy