Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

visa for US temp work

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas on how easy it is to get a temp work visa for ski work in the US?
Can't make head nor tail of all their different forms and choices.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you mean an H2b - nada this year - all issued....

J2 - i think ok as they are working holiday ones... but IIRC you need to be full time studen under 30...

E3 - need to be aussie

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Gordon,

You can work in some resorts in USA on H2B visas. These visas are supplied by the employer so you don't have to do much with paperwork etc and they don't cost much at all...however, you normally have to apply 4-5 months in advance to get these as they are not guaranteed and need state authorisation. Check out the following link for Winter Park Ski Resort as they offer these type of visa: http://www.skiwinterpark.com/employment/international/index.htm.

Also beware of UK companies offering jobs in the States. Although some UK companies can arrange visas, I have experience of being told to go to America and not to tell customs I would be working but to say that I am on holiday! Not recommended unless you are willing to face deportation.

Good luck.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AIUI H2B's all gone for this year cookie.... no more can be issued unless they change the legislation
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did wonder, as when I received mine some years ago, I had applied in April for the following season.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
H2B visa situation screwed this year apparently - lots of resorts rely on bringing in lots of South American kids as lifties, catering staff etc and they can't this year due to the quota expiring (and previous grandfathering rules being scrapped). Still everyone's expecting a tight winter customer wise so maybe they'll get away with less staff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski patrol volunteer! Haha keep dreaming Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The H2B visa quota previously did not apply to returning workers, so if you had an H2B visa for a given job in the past, the company could automatically get one for you the following season. Now returning workers count to the quota and it's going to greatly reduce the pool of migrant labour and for resorts (particularly more remote ones) that were heavily reliant on migrant labour are now going to be fairly well shafted in terms of getting the staff they require.

The upshot is that you'll probably find more companies willing to enter the 'black market' in employment terms. But if your caught and get deported you'll be barred from future entry to the US.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy