Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Che, Chantemerle, or Villeneuve at a push

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well, we love Serre Che and have been...a lot, winter and summer. The sad thing we find is we have yet to find our ideal accommodation Sad .

Would therefore appreciate some suggestions to some nice places to stay. We are a boring farty pair. We like apartments, a nice hotel would be good. We are not really keen on chalet, mainly as since I spend most of my working life being nice to strangers Evil or Very Mad , I've decided that I prefer to have a break from that on my hols...

We have been to Villeneuve: P&V (Icy stagger to Pontillas = icky , Hotel du Bez {which was very nice Very Happy Very Happy , both apt and hotel, but you end up at Pontillas lift... Confused Confused ), Vielle Ferme (icy stagger to Aravet), Cimotel (perfect, but is package hotel now and I prefer to have my holiday organised by people who can get you to the airport before the plane has actually left Turin Evil or Very Mad)

Not keen on the Lievre Blanc. Been for drinks. Kind of falls into the meeting people category...Evil or Very Mad and is in that unholy stagger category too.

Chantemerle: Plein Soleil (hmm, nice, but...), L'Adret (no more, too packagy)
Not keen on Christiana. Too many ornaments! Shocked

Briancon: Grande Alpe - god we spent a fortune on drinks in there... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now, of course the blisteringly obvious missing one is Monetier...but it also seems to be a stagger to the lift which is putting DH off.

So, I know there are you folks out there who know the place inside out, so would love to hear your ideas. We have been warming to Chantemerle as have not been there for a few years, and wonder what the apts are like and where you can get a meal in town. Would be nice to be near the Cafe de Biere of course!!! NehNeh NehNeh (slurp)

We have booked Chambery flights for the second weekend in March.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MarjMJ, out apartment is but a 200m stagger to the chairlift at Monetier,closer than P&V is to Pontillas, brand new apartmentswimming pool, ground floor, brilliant views of the pistes, and a new footbridge across the river to the slopes. BUT unfortunately we don't have availability for the second week in March, but you could bookmark us for another time. My friend Mel may be able to find you something though. PM me with your exact dates, and I'll see what she can do.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool. Wilco. Is Mel, Mel of Eurekaski? Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MarjMJ, yes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MarjMJ, try Hannibals in Chantemerle. In spite of your preference to avoid chalets, their Les Marmottes is stunning. Run by the daughter (Karen - English and delightful) of the owners of Hannibals, it has a very homely feel, is very well decorated and furnished and Karen's cooking is legendary in the area. Her husband, Denis, is an ESF instructor and wine merchant - so always excellent!

I've stayed in a few chalets, so understand your comments. However, Les Marmottes is just different. If you're really looking to avoid the chalet thing, Les Marmottes also has a self catered option, within the building, but separate entrance. Also very nice. The place is about 300m to the main lifts in the older part of Chantemerle. Hannibals also have an apartment right at the foot of the Luc Alphand, the main run back into the village (guess you may know that).

Failing all that, I have heard the La Boule de Niege is very pleasant - small 10 room hotel, neat, clean friendly. Also about 300m to the main lifts in the old part of town.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chasseur,
Cheers for these. Will add to the considered list.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont,

Hi Helen,
Myself and Kev Ducky are back out to see our son 6th March for a week, where is your place we would love to meet up for a drink if possible.

Lynne
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lynne melia,we're not out there until the 22nd of March this year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Post your dates on here as there are a few others out there in March.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally I like Le Hameau du Rocher Blanc apartments in Chantemerle. Had a very enjoyable family holiday there.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HMM, think this is a revived thread from last season
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was surprised to see it myself.

Not coming out this year. Crying or Very sad DH decided that 3V was better bet for snow. So instead of grand views of Dome du Monetier will have to stick with Aiguille de Fruit.

Might make a summer foray though - there is talk of cycling up Alpe D'Huez Skullie Shocked Skullie

Where's the lettuce?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy