Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2008/9

Poster: A snowHead
ctskifam, saw that earlier - VERY encouraging Madeye-Smiley

cardweg, ps forgot the Boomerang.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cardweg - if I go out I usually head to "The Sherpa"; the Buddha Bar (classic Morzine establishment); Rhodos; the Dixie bar;...

You'll find the lifties in Bar Robinson drinking the hard stuff.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
W O W ! ! !

My friends went over today for a couple of days. If they see that forecast, they might just want to stay on for a while and get a slide or two. It sure looks loiike the weather gods are smiling.

Thanks for the other info too. We visited them all, except l'ecurie - I can't quite picture it, last year. It just must have been a quiet week. Oh well, nothing for it but to visit them all again in January Happy

Cheers!

CW
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow level this morning is below the top of the Super Morzine Bubble. You know 'they' (the locals) know something when you start to see all the 'big' slowploughs out. The local weather site I look at has this longed for line of text - 'Chutes de neige abondantes voire intenses par moment' - YIPPEEEEEE.

Will keep you updated as it arrives.

Ardent still due to open on 29th November - looking forward to those empty pistes and some powder! If as the meteo say 'Cette puissante offensive hivernale sera probablement à comparer avec les fortes chutes de neige de la fin Novembre 2005.' its going to be as good the early dump of 2005 we are all happy bunnies!
'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowandtrek, Excellent if this holds true.
Its great to read how the snows building.
Still seems an age away till we get to play.
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Out on 3rd Dec for a few days and will definitely have to make time to head up to Ardent and have a play.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowandtrek, which sites do you look at for forecasts. I tend to go with a combo of:

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/meteo?PREVISIONS_PORTLET.path=previsionsville/741340
http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Gets/6day/mid

... but it sounds like you have something else?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowandtrek wrote:
The local weather site I look at has this longed for line of text - 'Chutes de neige abondantes voire intenses par moment' - YIPPEEEEEE.

Will keep you updated as it arrives.

This is utterly ridiculous! I have been to Morzine just once - 5 years ago - and I'll probably never get to ski there again (too many other places I want to go). I live in SE England where any snow we get is just a PITA - and I have little prospect of skiing at all this season. Sad

And yet...and yet. It makes my heart soar to hear that the snow's coming to the mountains. I think I would die of excitement if I actually lived in the mountains and could look forward to playing in the snow as soon as it arrives. Shocked

Keep giving us the uplifting news of impending "'Chutes de neige abondantes' - I know it's not just me it cheers up.

Some pics would be nice when the snow arrives wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Amazing the pure joy a few simple phrases can bring!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pics are always good.
I have been keeping an eye on the thread of guess the slope, but not recognised any yet.
With so many resorts, then its almost impossible.
Perhaps we should have a guess the slope for each ski area Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like Cham forecast got it spot on. It started falling in Morzine town an hour ago. Good job I got the new snow tyres this morning in Thonon. No 1 wife spent the day learning how to put on chaines de neige, and change a spare wheel. I expect Mrs Snow and Trek will give us a photo or two on the blog tomorrow. She is clever with the camera and video.
Off to bed to listen to the pitter patter of snowflakes on the velux. Guess we could open one and look like this snowHead snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DallyPaul wrote:
No 1 wife

Is Morzine in Utah then? wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good news DallyPaul. Knew I should have booked an early trip... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
85cm forecast on Snow Forecast. And I've always found that they underestimate by 30% or so. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nearly midnight here and snowing but,............ not dumping. Hoping for better in the am!
snow report
zzz, expect you'll be rushing to LG for first proper ski? wink
snow conditions
PhillipStanton wrote:
85cm forecast on Snow Forecast. And I've always found that they underestimate by 30% or so. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Ah, bog - forecast has dropped right back. Confused
snow report
PhillipStanton, Any plans to open up for weekend skiing Morzine/Les Gets? Looks lovely this morning Very Happy
ski holidays
Lots of lovely white stuff and it's still coming down. have just got back from a family walk around Lake Montriond. Good covering of 20cm+ and with Sunday supposedly producing a bigger dump we should be set for some great skiing next weekend.
Take a look at our blog for the photos.
ski holidays
Lou,

You know me. I'll be first on the Chavannes express when it opens. Very Happy .

snowandtrek, my head hurts. Sad
latest report
They've even got the snow canons working at St Jean d'Aulps all day today. Must say it all looks very nice and snowy, hope any of you luck so-and-so's out there can get out and enjoy it this and next week snowHead
snow conditions
Just finished varnishing the new post box and the snow is still falling slowly outside. Another 7 or 8 cm's on the van roof since we came back from babysitting last night. The Plenay snow cannons are working full bore too. Now where did I store the snowshoes ? Puzzled snowHead
latest report
DallyPaul, well it's snowing in Sussex but it's not quite the same Sad Enjoy!
snow report
zzz, Mine did too......
ski holidays
snowandtrek wrote:
zzz, Mine did too......

What are the opening dates for Morzine/Avoriaz, anyone?
ski holidays
Standee, The official word is Avoriaz small sector (Les Lindarets/Arare) on the weekend of 6th. Morzine/Les Gets a week later.
But, with the amount of snow we have received this weekend it is eminently possible they will get some sectors open next weekend.
Last year Les gets opened one sector early for one free day. Valley D'aulps newsletter said they may open 29th if snow permitted, which I think it should now.
But they do like to save most of the area for the festive period, got to look after the guests first rolling eyes
Fingers crossed, will advise as soon as we get a definate date.
ski holidays
Hi chaps, the snow has stopped, the sun is out and it is looking lovely out. I've had to clear a fair bit of snow of my steps a couple of times over the last couple of days. Sadly the dump wasn't quite as heavy as some were predicting, but it wasn't bad and the mountains certainly look skiable from top to bottom. More snow is forecast overnight and tomorrow (Monday) so my touring skis will be out on Tuesday! First turns of the season....can't wait!

Morgins is planning to open next weekend (29 November) - good effort to them getting things started so early once again.

I'll post some pics from the tops on Tuesday or Wednesday. I expect I will have a big smile on my face! snowHead
snow conditions
DallyPaul, Thought the 'offical' word was the 29th November for Avoriaz small area? Pre Les Joux is opening on 6th December. Chats had in the Rhodos this lucnh time veer towards sooner rather than later......we can't wait 2 more weeks!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks lovely this morning, long may it last. Even Morzine is white.......

zzz, wink
snow conditions
Blimey, a lot of snow fell overnight! Been shovelling it for 2 hours... Very Happy

snowandtrek, Avoriaz lift office told me next weekend is their opening weekend (29th etc). Can't wait...
snow conditions
Pictures please!!!

And I only planned on arriving in Chatel for the 15th, damn need to get there earlier! Although I noticed the weather outlook thread suggests that a foehn wind is on its way...
latest report
Les Gets - official from www.lesgets.com open this weekend.......will keep you all posted on the other PDS areas

Domaine skiable ouvert
29 et 30 novembre : ouverture partielle du domaine skiable des Gets :

TSD des Chavannces
TS La croix
Téléski de la Tête des Crêts

Tarif unique :
Adulte : 12 euros
Enfant : 8 euros
snow report
Morzine - Official from www.morzine.com - under NEWS

IT HAS SNOW IN MORZINE!

Recent snowfall (15cm in the village and 50cm at the top of the Pleney ski-slopes) means that Morzine is all white!
Come and see our webcams!

Thanks to these sbnowfalls, Morzine lifts will open on the 13th and 14th December (saturday and sunday only, to be confirmed), before the official opening on the 20th December 2008.

Yes I know their grammer isn't the best but hey!

Come on Avoriaz let us know when you are opening - OFFICIALLY!!!
ski holidays
Champery - Official from the Telechampery Site

Partial Opening of the Portes du Soleil Ski Domain :

Saturday November 29th 2008, opening of :

- Téléphérique Champéry-Planachaux (every day)
- Télésiège de Planachaux (every day)
- Téleski de Léchereuse (week-end)
- Téleski de Ripaille (week-end)
- Télésiège de Grand-Conche (week-end)

Now I must go and do some proper work.......................................
snow conditions
snowandtrek,
Quote:

Now I must go and do some proper work

That's hard enough here never mind amongst all that snow Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
This is what chatel have posted on there website:
The resort will open its ski area as follows, regarding snow conditions:

> Early opening for weekend of 29 & 30 November 2008, with:

* Pierre-Longue, Rochassons and Chaux des Rosées chairlifts.
* The Rochassons, Pré-la-Joux, Belette, Rennes and Blattins slopes.

For this 1st weekend skipasses will be free for children up to 15yrs old and for seniors aged 60 yrs old and over. For the other skiers there will be a single price of €15 for one-day pass. The Pierre-Longue cashier will be open from 8.30am to 4pm.

> From December 2008 the 6th:

Pré-la-Joux area only for the weekend

> From December 2008 the 13 th:

Pré-la-Joux area every day with the link to Avoriaz

> From December 2008 the 20th until 2009 April the 26th:

The whole area.

Thoses dates are estimated and can change regarding snow conditions.

I go out on the 26th Jan for a week in Chatel, can't wait! The snow looks fantastic! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
hankthepenguin, you beat me to it. I have just logged on to post that Chatel is opening this weekend. However, I am beating everyone to it by going touring tomorrow. It would be rude not to, there is beautiful deep fluffy powder everywhere....and it will be mine, all mine mwah ha ha ha ha Twisted Evil (first powder fever of the season)
snow conditions
Snowmonkey, I'm not jealous. Really i'm not, really!! Smile
snow report
Snowmonkey, grrr. wink

Have a good touring day!

As I'll be in Morzine for the New Year, I'll be more than happy to hook up with the locals (or other snowhead visitors) for turns, lift-served offpiste, touring etc. (I've got the safety gear and I'm ok in most conditions offpiste).

If anyone wants to show me around (it's my first visit to the Portes du Soleil), I can repay the kindness with Belgian beer.
snow conditions
Snowmonkey wrote:
...there is beautiful deep fluffy powder everywhere....and it will be mine, all mine mwah ha ha ha ha Twisted Evil (first powder fever of the season)

I hope your skins fall off NehNeh

(No, seriously, enjoy it before the punters come.)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy