Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2008/9

Poster: A snowHead
Lovley morning had off piste with zzz and mrs zzz . Lots of fresh tracks o be had and some great conditions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What, snowandtrek, no gates? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FlyingStantoni, Got cancelled........too much powder on the Pleney stage!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slush-busting around Morzine / Les Gets today.

Slush, slush and more slush.

Did I say how slushy it is?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I called it a One Run Day - we went over to Mont Chery at lunchtime when it had brightened up,

Up the Grande d'Ourse lift, down the back, up again, quick drink in the Grande d'Ourse where anyone who was on the mountain seemed to be - inside - and downloaded again in the gondola. The snow was not so much slushy over there as stop/start/stop and it looked like slow motion skiing. The day was not entirely wasted as I got almost a pair of curtains made.

Tomorrow is another day...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
O K, now I'm definitely not listening. Faced with rising temperatures, I've persuaded my boss to let me sneak away on Sunday night rather than Tuesday night so I can get on snow a couple of days early. I was going to ask you guys not to eat all the powder but it sounds like I'll have to bring water-skis... Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Who gives a toss about the snow? Sad news. Oinky is dead! Crying or Very sad

Who's for a bacon butty then?

Oh yes, and the sushi restaurant and kebab shop have reopened after their little visit from the Gendarmes a couple of weeks ago; but the Ridge Bar has stayed closed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pamski wrote:
The snow was not so much slushy over there as stop/start/stop and it looked like slow motion skiing.

Just point the skis downhill more Pamski - and wipe the snowbikers off the goggles wink

MOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

zzz wrote:
Who's for a bacon butty then?

Laughing

I notice the horses are back. Must be some French law - you can keep horses or pigs, but not both.

andyph, never fear - there's loads of base.

I'm heading up to Avoriaz tomorrow - I'm sure the altitude will help.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
zzz wrote:
Who gives a toss about the snow? Sad news. Oinky is dead! Crying or Very sad

And here was I thinking it was just a vicious rumour Sad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was going to introduce the family to the new star of Morzine, but they'll have to make do with a tribute. Sausages spring to mind.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looked on both websites for this but can't find info. Can someone help me with the closing dates for Morzine and Avoiraz, and as a bonus question would the links over to Chatel / Linga be open 18th - 21st April? Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevew, www.chatel.com will give the closing dates for Chatel and the PDS links
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevew, I've skied on the last day of the season in previous years and the link was open on the last day. The last day of the season is 26 April this year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello residents (and itinerants, FlyingStantoni), I see on the Mt Chery web cam it's snowing a bit - how's it holding? Is it raining in Morzine? Bearing in mind I have one sleep (and one overnight drive) to go, your most new-Labour-like spin would be acceptable Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyph, its still raining in Les Gets, we are at about 1200, difficult to see what is going on higher as lots of cloud. There was quite a bit of wind first thing and according to the websites most of the links at Avoriaz appeared to be closed but not sure what would have happened later. What was that new-Labour song - Things Can Only Get Better might apply for now! Have a safe drive.

FlyingStantoni
, definitely not keen on the look of the snowbikes, they seem a bit threatening. And I did try to 'straightline it' - just not very successfully...
snow report
andyph, I'm sure it;s snowing somewhere up there! Looks like you are in for a bit of sun this week.
snow report
We skied around Hautes Fortes and Linderats today.

Chicken weather, with a rain-snow limit of around 1400m. Below that you could see, but were rained on. Above it you needed a guide dog. Preferably one with snow shoes on.

As A.A.Milne would say - When the turns were good, they were very, very good and when they were bad they were horrid. Some superb snow up there, but also some real, real horrible leg-breaking porridge.

I can well imagine that the top of Avoriaz is going to be absolutely stellar tomorrow.
snow report
andyph, have fun, enjoy the sausages and leave some slush for us Very Happy How long are you out for?
latest report
Just to say that it's now snowing at village level.

I'm getting up early tomorrow. It may well be epic.
snow report
Cheers, Lou, don't forget your Easter bonnet! We've got a week, but starting Monday instead of Wednesday. If all the forecasts hold true (BIG if) then Monday and Tuesday will give us the best snow, with rising temperatures to enjoy rolling eyes for the rest of the week.

Thanks for the latest, FlyingStantoni, have a good day tomorrow. Although I have no expectations that the coming week will match February, I also have no doubt that it'll beat the best day in the office Toofy Grin

Think you'll be in the Dublin on Tuesday for Joe's set? Or any other night, for that matter, assuming they're still putting on live music most nights.
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni wrote:

Hmmmm.

I hope so. Be careful up there Mr S. High avalanche risk below 2000m.
ski holidays
zzz wrote:
FlyingStantoni wrote:

Hmmmm.

That's most of PdS isn't it Puzzled

In fact, that's Cheltenham. AAAAGHHH!!!!!
snow report
zzz wrote:
FlyingStantoni wrote:

Hmmmm.

Am banking on the fact that mindless crowds will ignore the "obvious" places.

Caution noted though.
latest report
Lots of fresh snow out there...
latest report
FlyingStantoni, looks like it Toofy Grin . Have a great day.
ski holidays
Absolutely fab snow out there, although it's blowing a hoolie up top (avalanche risk is going to be very high tomorrow methinks) and one trip to the top of Arare was enough to convince us to stay low.

I'm not sure I agree with the 30cm Avoriaz are reporting - it looked more like 15cm to me - although there could well be more higher up.

So, why on earth am I posting at this time?

Well, some days it just doesn't happen. The legs are tired (10th straight day skiing) and I was skiing like a numpty. I decided to get off the mountain before I damaged myself.
ski holidays
Just to add that we had dinner at Numero Dix in Morzine last night. Excellent food and highly recommended.
ski holidays
Had a lovely run down the VDM just before lunch. Variable conditions but the weather was great! Lunch at the Crappahutte chez Mark Dalton and now back in the office - not a bad way to spend a day.!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowandtrek, Going green
snow conditions
snowandtrek wrote:
Had a lovely run down the VDM just before lunch. Variable conditions but the weather was great! Lunch at the Crappahutte chez Mark Dalton and now back in the office - not a bad way to spend a day.!!

Not as good as flying around the skies on a parapente though? Very Happy
latest report
zzz, is that because there isn't anything left to ski on in Morzine? NehNeh
latest report
Lou, no - we had a lovely day out in Les Gets and Morzine today - out just after 9 and Nyon and Chamossiere were great - until about 1.15 when we peeled off for lunch in any case, slushy over by the Fys lift by that time as expected. Sun out which was much better than the clouds we have been peering through recently and a real cracker of a day.
ski holidays
Pamski, I just remind zzz now & then how much better LG is compared to Morzine wink

Thanks for the update.
snow report
Hi - can anyone tell me when the lifts are open until in Morzine (or Avoriaz). Cannot find online anywhere!

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
stevo_the_saddler, cut from the Sagets website:

"The end of winter season is coming.

It's time hung up our skis, wich worked well all this winter !

the resort will close the 19th april evening and the 13rd april for Mont Chéry area.

For the prices, it's always 20€ for every saturday and 37€ for saturday+sunday.

For easter week-end (12nd and 13rd april) sunday+monday it's also 37€ and saturday+sunday+monday for 57€.

The link between Les Gets and Morzine will be open till the 19th april."

and Avoriaz is open until 26th April.
snow report
Thank you Pamski, you are a star. Much quicker to come on here - took me ages to hunt around the "official" resort sites with no luck.
snow report
Lovely day today! Up Mt Chery first thing, south facing slopes all soft but completely skiable. Red over the back much scrapier. Then the kids joined me and we had lots of mucking about on the front warming up, then down the red on the back which by this time was perfect Toofy Grin . Persuaded youngest to tackle the blacks on the back using the popular tactic know as the traverse of shame but we got down nicely. Everything getting slushy by lunchimte, so download to the village for lunch, then back to the chalet to chill for a bit.

I couldn't resist trying Chamossiere to see how high the snow was holding - not great snow by 4pm, but I had the hill almost to myself so no complaints, really. Still a great day in the office Madeye-Smiley

Oinky definitely absent Sad but lots of other wildlife at large on Fys.

Anyway, we're all off down to the Dublin to see Funkadelique, meet Joe and Babs (and Delilah), and get a strap nut put in my daughter's guitar. She's planning to busk later in the week, but needs the gear. wink
ski holidays
Just thought I'd make you all feel better. In Les Menuires at the moment doing my 'test technique'!!! Snow is crap compared to Morzine - there is less snow here at 1800m than there is at the bottom of Pleney! Slush up to about 2300m!!!!!!!!
snow report
andyph, it truly was lovely wasn't it - and much sunnier than the forecast. The Rosta bowl was good first thing and we were up and down the Ranfolly a few times before heading over to Nyon - the snow sculptures that looked fabulous at the half-way point were just not there today. Run down great, softening up at the top at about 12 but fine. I was surprised to see that the Pointe de Nyon restaurant looked all closed up - perhaps that is it for the season for them. Lunch back at home outside - still lots of snow all over our garden.
ski holidays
Lookin at 5 chamois grazing on the back field here at Bois Venants, Morzine. The 4 skiers who walked out of the woods yesterday evening got it a bit wrong I feel. Should have looked at the burn back line before setting off. 2 were pisteurs, ooops !!
Les Gets / Mont Cherie were triffic yesterday, usual slush and snow snakes after lunch, but it is spring now.
Long lunches the order of the day. Still loadsa snow to play on. So will have to go up again until the minibus comes back from it's service this afternoon. Bon slooshing one and all.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy