Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2008/9

Poster: A snowHead
Avoriaz is NOT open this weekend. I gave up looking on the website and phoned the lift office!

Also if you want to get your passes from SERMMA (the 'nice' ticket office) then you have to drive up to the main office in Avoriaz as neither of the ticket offices at Prodains or Ardent will be open before the weekend!!!!!!

It's tempting to go to Les Gets but last year the queues were huge its may be better to drive over to Chatel...or ..may just hang on and wait until the 6th!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowandtrek wrote:
..may just hang on and wait until the 6th!

Thats not allowed after posting the photies from your blog..

You'll incur the wrath of the snow gods if you don't go, and all the 1 weekers on here that are heading out in March wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So who is lucky enough to be getting some tracks this weekend?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
garyscott20 wrote:
So who is lucky enough to be getting some tracks this weekend?
Had fresh tracks on Tuesday and Wednesday and today..............very nice up on the Rosta, 50 - 60 cm of fluffy stuff. The piste back to Les Gets will be very hard and icy with lots of nice icy snow cannon lumps.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowandtrek, I received this post last night
Avoriaz is going to be open this weekend 29th/30th.
Will send you details tomorrow when I receive them from the Serma.
Happy Skiing!
jo
Will advise as soon as they confirm. Very last minute if they do. probably feel shamed into it by all the other lower sectors who committed earlier.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
UPDATE TO ABOVE with thanks to Jo Nomorski Very Happy
This info is translated from a document the Serma has just sent round.
Avoriaz is opening this weekend - 29/30 Nov, then permanent opening from 6th December.

Lifts:
Prodain cable car
Le Tour Chair
La Chapelle Drag
Les Grandes Combes Chair
Prolays Chair

Pistes:
Secteur d'Arare

Bleue d'Arare, Bleue du Lac, Stade d'Arare, Vaineuve, Coupe du Monde, Gouilles Rouge, Haut du Crôt

Secteur des Lindarets:
Prolays, Stade des Lindarets, Combe à Floret, Boulevard ds Skieurs, Mossettes, Crêtes des Lindarets

Snow Park La Chapelle will be open.
Free acess to Ski de Fond pistes (Crêtes, Route des Lindarets).

Price for Half day or Day:
Adult 16 euro
Child 12 euro
Senior 14 euro

I have no news re opening of the Ardent Lift.
You can call the Serma on 04 50 74 02 15 for further details.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon wrote:

As I'll be in Morzine for the New Year, I'll be more than happy to hook up with the locals (or other snowhead visitors) for turns, lift-served offpiste, touring etc. (I've got the safety gear and I'm ok in most conditions offpiste).

If anyone wants to show me around (it's my first visit to the Portes du Soleil), I can repay the kindness with Belgian beer.

So not even the offer of Belgian beer will entice people to ski with me?

I wash often, honest...

Well here's another question: does anyone have a spare place in Morzine that a friend of mine might stay at over the New Year week? I'm trying to convince him to come over as he wants to ski anyway...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DallyPaul, getting the work done now see you at Prodains!!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
WOW - what a day - check out the blog http://snowandtrek.blogspot.com/. Need I say more...... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowandtrek, oh-h-h-hhhhhh. Just the teensiest bit jealous here.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks superb snowandtrek.

I love the moose ears on the helmet!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know why you bothered.
I couldn't have been annoyed with skiing round all those tourists.
The queues must have been horrendous!

CW Sad

(PS Did my mock anger adequately mark my intense jealousy? We've woken up to a picturesque heavy frost in belfast. Roll on mid January)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another morning in paradise........couple of cm's of fresh on prepared pistes had a quick hoon around with the kids before reality check of having heaps to do as the staff arrive tomorrow....Lets hope it stays open during the week????
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Encore de neige this morning in Morzine town. Thats all the outside jobs postponed then Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing very heavily in Chatel at the moment...which is always nice to report.

snowandtrek, so Avoriaz did open in the end? They kept us all hanging on didn't they? Photos look great. It was pretty nice in Chatel over the weekend as well...

horizon, I would love to help you drink the Belgium beer, but with New Year being very busy and still quite early in the season, chances are I will be running about like a blue arsed fly so at this stage can't commit to any ski days. Drop me a PM with your contact details though, and if things look good, I'll be in touch.
ski holidays
Oh no :-

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Morzine/6day/bot
snow report
kendadj, Don't read that one look at http://www.meteo-chamonix.org/ - hope your French is ok....
ski holidays
Or http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en in English.
Heading out to Les Gets tomorrow and hoping to get my skis on at least once before returning to the UK on 12th. It would be (very) rude not to.
snow report
snowandtrek wrote:
kendadj, Don't read that one look at http://www.meteo-chamonix.org/ - hope your French is ok....

Which according to Google, translates into :-

For the second consecutive year, the season of winter sports looks bright with good snow currently in North and South of the Alps. These last 72 hours, snow fell moderately on the southern Alps but the situation is evolving positively to the North since Monday with the end of Foehn. He fell 3/15cm of fresh snow in Mountain since Monday morning as massive.
From Wednesday afternoon until Monday, a strong current of strong West will bring wet snow quite abundant on all our reliefs although slight redoux may affect our massive at times and squeeze the average snowpack in the mountains. The limit rain / snow will fluctuate between 800 and 1400 meters. it also expects significant accumulations in the high mountains. In short, this is a very white Christmas coming!

So sounds good !
snow conditions
snowandtrek wrote:

Forgot to say - great pictures on that website !
ski holidays
horizon wrote:
horizon wrote:

As I'll be in Morzine for the New Year, I'll be more than happy to hook up with the locals (or other snowhead visitors) for turns, lift-served offpiste, touring etc. (I've got the safety gear and I'm ok in most conditions offpiste).

If anyone wants to show me around (it's my first visit to the Portes du Soleil), I can repay the kindness with Belgian beer.

So not even the offer of Belgian beer will entice people to ski with me?

I wash often, honest...

Well here's another question: does anyone have a spare place in Morzine that a friend of mine might stay at over the New Year week? I'm trying to convince him to come over as he wants to ski anyway...

I'll be in Champery with my son from 26th December for a week. We will be happy to meet a fellow snowHead for a ski. I don't care if you don't wash, as long as you ski and drink beer. snowHead snowHead
snow report
Snowing very very heavily at the moment. The weekend skiing should be excellent if the wind stays down...
snow report
My word, there's a lot of snow on the webcams...
snow report
Just checked them out, yes agreed its looking great to build depth Very Happy
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, you should see the state of things today. Heavy snowfall overnight, tons of snow on my steps, avalanche booms going off left right & centre, still snowing now....all very exciting! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowmonkey, excellent, any photos Puzzled
snow report
Snowmonkey, but I'm not there Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
snow report
Snowmonkey, I can't be arsed to read all through this. Where are you? I'll be in Morzine for a couple of weeks over Xmas/NY.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowmonkey's in Chatel. (But he's ok, despite that.)
snow report
Looking soooo good, this time three weeks and will hopefully have had a couple of hours to get ski legs if make good time from Calais.
ski holidays
Snowmonkey, fully understand you're busy, will drop an email with my contact details.

geepee, I hope we meet. I ski, I drink beer, what else can one ask for?
ski holidays
horizon wrote:
Snowmonkey, fully understand you're busy, will drop an email with my contact details.

geepee, I hope we meet. I ski, I drink beer, what else can one ask for?

Well...................., you could be blond, blue eyes, big (oops sorry, pc police will get me).
snow conditions
Good news and bad news and good news.
Good news, there is another 15+ cms of snow on the roof of my van in Morzine town.
And I can barely see next doors mazot through the falling snow.

Bad news is, I have to go and clear it all before I can go to work this morning. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Good news is we are buying our season passes and going up tomorrow, yippee Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
gunning it down looking at the cams snowHead lucky s*d
snow report
zzz, 60cms in our garden in Chamonix...and the snowblower's broken...
ski holidays
under a new name, assuming you are who I think you are , you had best get it mended before next weekend; I'm not bringing a shovel Toofy Grin

I, sadly, am in Delhi at the mo so a long way from snow but er indoors tells me it is gobbing it down. She reckons she has never seen so much in the town in all her years. With another big dump forecast for middle of next week the season is looking to be classic.

Get shovelling man

zzz
snow report
zzz, You are missing out - take a look at the blog www.snowandtrek.blogspot.com. The kids had a major moan up as they were really cold and wet very quickly along with malfunctioning goggles!!!

Tommorow should be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
snowandtrek wrote:
zzz,

Yes, I'm sure it will be you Fitzwilliams although I think there may be a slight avalanche issue! Have fun but do be careful.

I'm back home on wednesday for a couple of weeks if you fancy a ski? Assuming your staff training doesn't get in the way.

zzz wink
latest report
zzz, hmmm you don't have any "MTD" shear bolts you could bring with you do you? They seem to have, err, sheared. You don't need to bring a shovel, we have a few...
snow conditions
snowandtrek wrote:

Is that the off piste that runs to the right of the other off piste near the red run. Or is that the d*gs b*ll*cks field of dreams ?? Toofy Grin
See you up there. No lie in for the management tomorrow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy