Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the skiing like at Tignes in October / November?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This will be the first time we have been to Tignes and have booked a boot camp for the end of October. Could anyone let me know what the skiing is like and if any of the bars, etc are open? Any info would be greatly received.

Kind Regards
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been in Tignes the last three November's. The skiing is limited, just the glacier open, and the majority of the runs will be covered in race lanes. The snow is normally very hard and icy, but the snow will normally start to arrive at some point in November and then conditions can be great. Weather can be rubbish, often windy which can cause it to close. The lift queues are terrible, unless you like fighting with french racing kids. But, if you're going for training it serves a purpose and at least you'll be on snow. I can't wait to get out there!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kariaapartments, I've skied October of November in Tignes for the last few years. I did a report of last season's trip if you're interested.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kariaapartments,

Don't think I'd be looking forward to it too much after LaserStock's rather downbeat report of icy snow, race lanes and queues......but I've been for about the past 4 Octobers & Novembers - had boilerplate ice in places once (but still great practice) but otherwise great snow, minimal queues and the racers all pack up by lunchtime.

Where's the boot camp accommodation? Location of that depends on which bars etc you'll be visiting. There'll be a few places open in Val Claret but it will be generally quiet overall apres ski wise.

You'll have a great time wink .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi
Thanks for that, the report is concise and has given me forewarning of the snow, queues, etc. We are staying an Lac Bossie, (exuse the spelling).

Regards

Steve
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kariaapartments, I went to the boot camp in Oct half term last year and would concur with what LaserStock says about conditions. Hard-packed, busy and quite a bit closed off for the racers. It beats a day in the office though!!

There was little open in town, but the hotel bar is open for as long as there are people needing serving, and a beer in the hot tub is a good way to unwind!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy