Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone skied there
What's it like
Is it expensive when there

Look forward to any comments please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dan100,
Skiing is great, plenty of it good snow record slightly old fashioned lift system preserves the off piste in better condition. Most of the blacks have dissapeared.
Been more often to Davos which is expensive by Swiss standards, Klosters on my previous visit was a pretty friendly place though not stunningly beautiful. On my last visit to Davos there did seem to be a much larger number of moneyed Brits in Klosters than on previous visits if that puts you off.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I loved the whole area, fabulous scenery, lots of varied piste and off-piste skiing. No more expensive than the big French resorts and probably a bit less so. Because it's Switzerland, all the trains and buses run on time, it's easy to get between the various mountains and the mountain-top restaurants are good. The main Davos lift system gets crowded at weekends but not the outlying ski areas, at least in my experience.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watch out for the paparazzi.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, always stay in Davos but the ski area is fantastic - the piste map doesn't do it justice. A beautiful, interesting ski area and the runs above Klosters are the best.

The two-stage cable car out of Klosters is a bit naff, but I can't comment on how busy it gets first thing.

Not a place for inverted snobs as there are a lot of cut glass accents but who judges people on the way they talk?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dan100, Loved it, been twice. Don't get put off by 'royal' image (though I did see Prince William and Kate on the home run wink ).

Just two of us went. Enjoyed the skiing, plenty of it and good variety (I'm intermediate) and both times the snow was excellent. In fact one time there was so much of it, they shut the mountain for 2 days so we swopped skis for langauf skis and did the track around Klosters which was quite magical. Relatively quiet pistes, nice mountain restaurants/cafes, decent long home run from the top. Can link in Davos which was good. Liked it very much.

We stayed over New Year one time when they have a fabulous New Year's Day party in the square by the station, live bands, pig racing, free wine/food. There is a great Italian/pizza place in the middle which is always busy and friendly. The one mistake we made was to go to a restaurant recommended to us as is Prince Charle's favourite and we were curious. It was awful, up its own bottom, pretentious and unless you are known, got shoved in the corner with not even a candle on the table! As for the accents - you might as well be in the Home Counties.

We flew to Zurich. Klosters is an easy train journey from Zurich and a lovely scenic last bit as you wind you way into the valley. There is also a great Spa supermarket in the middle of town which will cater for everything if you are self sufficient.

Would def. go again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skied Klosters but always stayed near Davos Platz.

Nice area. Train links and post buses available on lift pass when I was there.

I do not think Switzerland is particularly expensive when you look at costs in the big French places. You certainly will not get the option of good hotels that you get in somewhere like Davos. World Economic Forum pitchs up there every year and they will only stay in decent gaffs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy